Cfm question please help

BenNelson

i got a 2x3x6 room and its air cooling a 400w light and i want a carbon filter on it too. so how much cfm do you think that would be? and i know i want the fan pulling air out of the room but do i want to push or pull the air through the caerbon filter?
thank you BENNN

Re: Cfm question please help:)

To ensure enough airflow, you should try to keep your CFM at least 3 times what you the cubic ft of your space is. Since your space is 102 cubic ft, then you would want a fan of at least 300 CFM. This will ensure you have enough air flow to control your temps and humidity. You can also use a controller (under 20 bucks) to control the fan speed. This will help with fine tuning your temps and humidity.

To ensure enough airflow, you should try to keep your CFM at least 3 times what you the cubic ft of your space is. Since your space is 102 cubic ft, then you would want a fan of at least 300 CFM. This will ensure you have enough air flow to control your temps and humidity. You can also use a controller (under 20 bucks) to control the fan speed. This will help with fine tuning your temps and humidity.
I might be wrong but wouldnt the cubic ft be 36 ft LxWxH?

100 cfm should be fine. Keep in mind though that your carbon filter needs to match (relatively) your fan. Other wise the fan won't have the power to push through the filter.

Do carbon filter have a required cfm or something? In other words what do you mean by match my fan?

If the carbon filter is rated for 200 CFM and you run 400 CFM through it, it will quickly clog and become useless.

I'm not sure about it getting clogged but if the filter is 200cfm and the fan is 400cfm then the filter won't have time to filter the air properly. If the cfm's were vice-versa then the fan wouldn't have enough power to push through the filter very well. Resulting in the fan burning out and poor ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom