Champagne, spring flower.

caliBreed

Hey guys, this is my first thread. I just joined and don't usually post so early, but I'm at a crossroads on my latest grow, so I thought I'd post it up, especially since it's kind of a non-normal grow, at this point.

I just moved, so I have only restarted the garden with only the one champagne plant, since about march. It's been a tough grow, through the move, but she's done pretty well. started flowering about the beginning of april, so this is only about a month, or so, of flowering.

Unfortunately, the days are now too long to continue flowering, so I have to make a decision. I've decided to cut off all the buds, except the main top cola, and let her go back into veg and see what happens, from here on. I haven't been growing long, just have one other successful grow under my belt, so I'm trying all sorts of things to see what happens with these amazing plants (also grow veggies, fruits and herbs, so I'm hoping this experience will carry over nicely).

I'm using fox farm soil nutes, with a fox farm/hydroton mixture in the central valley of california. only got to the beastie blooms portion of the feeding schedule, though, before she started stretching her fans again. so, I'm going to start pulling her into the garage, nightly, so I can administer, at least, a week of cha ching and a good flush, before I pull the buds off her.

Hope you like and all comments are welcome and appreciated.

DSC_9307.JPG

DSC_9317.JPG

DSC_9310.JPG

DSC_9309.JPG

DSC_9321.JPG

DSC_9320.JPG

That's a pretty little bush. Is Champagne a sativa? It does look like one from the leaves. Going to have to check it out on Attitude.

I am sorry I can't help with your questions, though, because I know very little about growing outdoors or with dirt... Looks like it's already at least smokable, so your plan to re-veg might be the best shot at this point in the year, unless you can rig up a mini-greenhouse that's light-proof. Might even be one on the market somewhere. I'm thinking something that can be just set down over the plant at night and taken off after 12 hrs.

thanks, I dunno about the sativa part, the plant was given to me.

what's attitude? sounds like something I might want to invest some time into.

thanks ms. fox. we pulled a taster off of her, already and she is mighty tasty. and, she smells like champagne. very nice. I love to my hand over it and just smell it for the rest of the day.

thanks, I dunno about the sativa part, the plant was given to me.

what's attitude? sounds like something I might want to invest some time into.

thanks ms. fox. we pulled a taster off of her, already and she is mighty tasty. and, she smells like champagne. very nice. I love to my hand over it and just smell it for the rest of the day.

Attitude is a seed company (and a sponsor here), but they don't have any Champagne at the moment. I did find another strain guide which had this to say about it:

Champagne marijuana is mid green with orange hairs. It's like tasting indoor skunk weed. Resinous buds are the order of the day. Yield will be high when grown, even if the pot plant is small. Great to hide in the bush outdoors. Probably an exclusive to Canadian growers.
10 seeds = 50.00

Indoor or Outdoor
Type : Indica
Yield : up to 300 gram / square meter
Height : 40-55 cm
Climate : indoor/outdoor/mountainous
Flowering period of 8/9 weeks

hm, what's 'mid-green' mean?

I definitely see some purple on the edges, perhaps it means that it won't go full purple?

the rest sounds exactly like my girl. she's so resinous that I'm devising a plan to keep the small flies away from her, cause it's going to take hours to pick all of em off the buds...

what does 300g/sq. meter mean? thing only gets about 18 inches tall, apparently, per the breed, so does that mean it takes 2 plants to get 300g?

great find, thanks man.

S!

hm, what's 'mid-green' mean?

I definitely see some purple on the edges, perhaps it means that it won't go full purple?

the rest sounds exactly like my girl. she's so resinous that I'm devising a plan to keep the small flies away from her, cause it's going to take hours to pick all of em off the buds...

what does 300g/sq. meter mean? thing only gets about 18 inches tall, apparently, per the breed, so does that mean it takes 2 plants to get 300g?

great find, thanks man.

S!

No idea what "mid-green" is. You can get some of those hang-up sticky insect traps to hang around your buds. I use them in the tent and I've been amazed at how many little bugs sneak in there. They all seem to end up on the trap, though.

300g/sq m means optimal yield. I've been ignoring that metric, since it apparently is made up by salespeople... I imagine you could get 300g from one large plant outdoors inside a sq meter, even more, but I'm pretty ignorant about outdoor yields. Someone with that experience will probably give you a better answer.

No idea what "mid-green" is. You can get some of those hang-up sticky insect traps to hang around your buds. I use them in the tent and I've been amazed at how many little bugs sneak in there. They all seem to end up on the trap, though.

300g/sq m means optimal yield. I've been ignoring that metric, since it apparently is made up by salespeople... I imagine you could get 300g from one large plant outdoors inside a sq meter, even more, but I'm pretty ignorant about outdoor yields. Someone with that experience will probably give you a better answer.

I'm trying fly paper, right now, but it isn't as effective as I thought it would be. you got a product name or something?

I'm trying fly paper, right now, but it isn't as effective as I thought it would be. you got a product name or something?

The ones I have are made by Seabright Laboratories in Emeryville. I get them at the hydro store here. I have the yellow ones (I think they have several models) that supposedly attracts insects. They have a website, but you can probably pick them up at a garden store.

Back
Top Bottom