Midn8Toker

420 Member
New to the scene. Working on my first grow. I have four seedlings, sprouted about seven days ago. I have them on an 18/6 cycle, 6am-12am.

I've read that running lights during "off peak" times is cheaper and will save a few bucks in the long run.

If there's any truth to that, I want to go from running 6am-12am to 8pm-2pm "day time"

Will changing my lights on time to "off peak" hours put too much stress on the young seedlings?

Should I transition from 6am-12am to 8pm-2pm in small increments or is it safer to just leave it be?

Any insight would be much appreciated

Are they Auto's? I haven't grown them but have read folks saying they like that schedule better, if Photo's you would save money running them less also. When I first started in Veg (again I'm running Photo's though) I was doing the unnatural 24/0 (they need to sleep), evolved to an 18/6, and after a year or so I was closer to a 14/10 (varies on time of year as out in my shed, so sometimes I want the heat and other times I don't as much). 14 closer to what plants get outdoors in most parts of the world in the summer. In Flower I"m 11/13 or 10/14 (again varies on my temps) and haven't noticed any difference in my grows (or that I can tell anyway, kind of hard to compare grows to each other as so many variables) so only thing I notice is a smaller power bill.

If your utility company charges you different rates for their heavy load hours it could help reduce your energy bill yes. With the plants in veg changing the on time won't bother them much. Avoid a long dark period to keep the transition smooth. So at 8pm when your lights are on already reset the timer so 8pm is your new on time.

Back
Top Bottom