Change to cfl

scotslad

lookin for a wee bit of advice plz i am a first time grower i have got a grow tent 60cm 60cm by 140cm am useing a 250w hps i am thinking of getting 6 24w cfl for my veg and keeping my hps for flowering is this enough cfl for the size of grow tent...(4 plants)

Re: change to cfl...

I use one of these in a 60cm by 60cm tent for veg, trying to locate small domestic CFL's in the correct spectrum of light for veg is tricky but can be found on ebay tho... but quality is questionable.

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

All of these where a result of 125w 6400k CFL as above.

002855.JPG

001789.JPG

day_28_from_seed_001.JPG

Re: change to cfl...

walmart, home depot, rona, lowes, canadian tire, hell, even drug stores carry cfl's you can use.

walmart carries a 26watt bulb, in the 6500k spectrum that will work well, as many as you can fit, or follow the 100 watts per plant rule if you want to veg a long time.

home depot carries 23watt philips cfls, at 6500k, which are good too, but a bit more pricey.

drug stores and grocery stores normally care a few in the "supplies" section, but are way overpriced..

walmart, you can get packs of 4, for 12$
the philips at home depot are about $18 for 4..
and drug/grocery stores are tyically $5-7 a bulb.

just look for 6500k and your good to grow.

Safeway carries a 200watt day light which is a 42watt cfl. I got 8 of those and 8 of the 100watt which is 23watts I beleave. They are all day light cfl's because they are in veg. They work awesome.
Yeah nibec you can get cfl's just about any where except the dollar store (damn it!).
Also that works great are the security lights at wal-mart 6500k they got the 200 and the 300 the cfl that takes a bigger fixture.
In flower you want to use soft white I can't remember the kelvins.
I will show you a pic of my lil veg room.
1_200_watt_CFL_s.JPG
03474.JPG

flowering would be 2700k. they look yellow when on.

and... you CAN get them at the dollar store... but... i highly reccomend not to... they are only 9w ... so, good for nothing :p

Back
Top Bottom