Changing Light cycle from 12/12 to 18/6

Lowryder2hydr

I have 2 auto-flowering plants under 12 hrs. of light and they are now flowering. I want to add to the same grow chamber some Strawberry cough seedlings. I want to change the light cycle to 18/6 for the seedlings.
Does anyone know if the light cycle change would stress the plants currently in flower?
Thanks for any advice.
:peace:

I have 2 auto-flowering plants under 12 hrs. of light and they are now flowering. I want to add to the same grow chamber some Strawberry cough seedlings. I want to change the light cycle to 18/6 for the seedlings.
Does anyone know if the light cycle change would stress the plants currently in flower?
Thanks for any advice.
:peace:

Autos can flower under 24 light and don't need 12/12 tho a sudden 6 hour increase might induce some shock so maybe add an hr/day for 6 days unless you need to get the new girls in there ASAP.

You'll get faster growth out of the autos at 18/6 than 12/12.

I say go for it and let us know if you see anything weird with the autos. I've never tried it so take this advice with a grain of salt.

LabRat,
Thanks for the reply. I did end up changing the light cycle back to 18/6 about 6 days ago. I did it in one shot because I needed to move the Strawberry Cough seedlings in. I started out with my LR2 feminized auto-flower in an 18/6 cycle but after 7 weeks they were showing no signs of flowering and they were all over 3 feet in height. I went to 12/12 and within a week they were flowering (except 3 went Hermie).
As far as I can tell the 2 LR2 plants weren't shocked by the change back to 18/6. I planted these suckers on April 23 and they're still not finished!

I've been thinking of getting some autos but after hearing this and reading other similar accounts I believe I'll get busy and add on that veg room. I figured I might be able to do it all in one room but it won't be that big a deal to frame up a couple of walls and run another couple of lines in there for power. It's my house so I can do what I freakin' want right. :0)

We're thinking of selling in a year or two and moving back to civilization. I'll have to find a buyer that wants to grow tomatoes in his basement or do some reno work down there. Who knows, I might get an extra few bucks for the set-up.

Autos is far easier than photos. Autos do better when you grow them under 18/6 with a top dressing. Extremely low maintenance which is good for those lazy days. Try your hand with the autos dont be afraid of other people mistakes. I ran a test 2 and 2 12/12-18/6. They all started flowering automated of course around 4 weeks in. So I switched 2 to 12 12. The buds were half the size of the others and required more attention. If you can grow photos, autos should be a breeze.

I grow a lot of autoflowering, rarely you might have to run 12/12 for a week to trigger. Like once in 5 years for me.

Autoflowering is easy, germinate in rapid rooter, straight to 5 or 7 gal smart pot. 20/4 light, Mega Crop 2gm gallon after the first week, go up a gram a week but watch for burnt tips. Stop at 5gm/gal until flower then go 6-6.5gm. Add Cal/mag as needed.

Watch out and don't flip lighting a lot, keep it 18/6 or 20/4. If you need to trigger flowering reduce light 1 hour a day, once triggered increase 2 hours a day. So far that's prevented hermies.

Top at 5th node or LST.

I grow a lot of autoflowering, rarely you might have to run 12/12 for a week to trigger. Like once in 5 years for me.

Autoflowering is easy, germinate in rapid rooter, straight to 5 or 7 gal smart pot. 20/4 light, Mega Crop 2gm gallon after the first week, go up a gram a week but watch for burnt tips. Stop at 5gm/gal until flower then go 6-6.5gm. Add Cal/mag as needed.

Watch out and don't flip lighting a lot, keep it 18/6 or 20/4. If you need to trigger flowering reduce light 1 hour a day, once triggered increase 2 hours a day. So far that's prevented hermies.

Top at 5th node or LST.
Most autos dont grow big at all so the highest pot I use is 5g. I often use 3g so I can better fill the space. I got 3 different rooms two for autos and one for photos. Nutrients I use is gaia green top dress which you feed once a month water with ph water every time you have to water. And the others get npk industries raw nutrients. Both great for different reasons. But raw everything comes separate so it's easy to adjust and dial in the perfect mix. Feeding chart included with raw.

I tried 3, 5 and 7 gal smarts and every auto in 7s far outproduced the 3 gal and 5 gal. Avg 3+ Z's per plant.

Mega Crop, cheap easy and good production. Maybe a little Cal/Mag. Total for nutes maybe $30 yearly.

Back
Top Bottom