Changing nutrients mid-grow

d42zero

I've just started a grow and am halfway through seedling week... I've just gone to order a top up of nutes and it turns out the GH line is pretty much impossible to get here at the moment. I have almost a full bottle of Gro and Micro, but only 1/4 bottle of Bloom... I went through nearly two bottles of bloom last grow, so that's definitely not going to last.

Would it be a smarter move to change nutrient lines now while the girls are still seedlings, or can I just change nutes part-way through veg or flower? I feel like changing now is the better idea (so they spend most of their life under the new nutes), but I'd like to try and use up as much of what I have left if I can..

What would you do, and why?

Order a free sample of mega crop, it will get you threw your grow:thumb:

Doesn't look easy to get here, and I'm not too keen on shipping it internationally :(

There's plenty of other lines available here, so if switching nutes mid-grow isn't a big deal then that's good news

Nutrient lines generally contain pretty much the same ingredients in more or less the same proportions. Look at the ‘guaranteed analysis’ numbers on the bottles - ie the NPK ratio. That’s about all you need to know.

Generally speaking - no it’s not a problem at all to switch. If you want to dissect it further, let us know what nutrients you are looking at and we can see how they compare.

Nutrient lines generally contain pretty much the same ingredients in more or less the same proportions. Look at the ‘guaranteed analysis’ numbers on the bottles - ie the NPK ratio. That’s about all you need to know.

Generally speaking - no it’s not a problem at all to switch. If you want to dissect it further, let us know what nutrients you are looking at and we can see how they compare.

I went to the local hydro shop yesterday to investigate a new nutrient line, and when I mentioned I was running short on FloraBloom but had heaps of Gro and Micro left, the guy suggested I just sub in another bloom part from a different 3-part line. I hadn't thought of that, but he suggested I just compare the makeup of the two and if they're very close to equal then I should be fine.

FloraBloom's analysis:
20200315_145449.jpg

GP3's analysis:
20200314_141322.jpg

The only difference is twice as much sulphur in the GP3... "twice as much" sounds like a lot but "1% vs. 2%" sounds like sweet FA.

Should I be fine to sub in the GP3 bloom nute and mix it with FloraGro and FloraMicro?

IMO, yes totally. And from what I hear sulphur is very hard to overdose on.

Awesome! That'll save me a few bucks, got plenty of M and G for the rest of this grow so if I can just sub in the Bloom that'll work perfectly

Back
Top Bottom