Changing spectrum

Hrenklin

Well I've got my perpetual working, and things are looking great. I have 3 tents, 1 blue spec (2x mars sp250) for veg, and 1 rex spec (budget led 500 red spec III) for flowering.

I'm curious as when the best time to change spectrums. Should I do it right at flip, or should I go 2 weeks of mars hydro during stretch before placing into red spec and stat flowering nutrients?

20210117_114756.jpg

Here is my set up, I still have 4 weeks ish of flowering on the left, but I figure I can keep efficiency efficiency to a maximum by overlapping 2 weeks of stretch during the final 2 weeks of flowering before flipping into the flowering tent

Well I've got my perpetual working, and things are looking great. I have 3 tents, 1 blue spec (2x mars sp250) for veg, and 1 rex spec (budget led 500 red spec III) for flowering.

I'm curious as when the best time to change spectrums. Should I do it right at flip, or should I go 2 weeks of mars hydro during stretch before placing into red spec and stat flowering nutrients?

20210117_114756.jpg

Here is my set up, I still have 4 weeks ish of flowering on the left, but I figure I can keep efficiency efficiency to a maximum by overlapping 2 weeks of stretch during the final 2 weeks of flowering before flipping into the flowering tent
Hi @Hrenklin

I dont know much about the other light, but the Mars SP 250 has a complete spectrum making it perfectly suitable for flowering. I use it myself.

Usually the plants require more red light as they progress into flowering. They still require blue light, especially during the first couple of weeks. Does your other light have any blue? Have you flowered with it before?

Hi @Hrenklin

I dont know much about the other light, but the Mars SP 250 has a complete spectrum making it perfectly suitable for flowering. I use it myself.

Usually the plants require more red light as they progress into flowering. They still require blue light, especially during the first couple of weeks. Does your other light have any blue? Have you flowered with it before?

They are both full spectrum, but the flowering tent is more guuldlined for flowering with a much higher red spectrum, and more wattage and UB. Its the 2 week overlap if I'd likely lose yeild or not.

They are both full spectrum, but the flowering tent is more guuldlined for flowering with a much higher red spectrum, and more wattage and UB. Its the 2 week overlap if I'd likely lose yeild or not.
If the SP250 has more blue than the other one, i'd use that for the first few weeks to provide adequate light for the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom