Chapster's Adventure Into RDWC! Indoor 600W LED GC Scrog

Chop, It definitely sounds like you had your hands full. That really sucks that it seemed to turn into more work than enjoyment for you, I don't wanna be in that boat. Have to tell myself to focus on doing this grow right and then take it from there. Yes, I've learned a lot already and its only the beginning! Stoked to see how its going to turn out and how much more I can take away from this.

Did you do a journal for your purple kush grow?

update:

Ph-6.2
PPM-550
Water temp-68 F

Just been checking up on them and letting them grow until I can top again. I have never topped more than once and am curious at what node do you top the second time? So far after being topped they have grown to the first node, I was thinking the 2nd?
I haven't done a full changeout yet because there weren't that many roots in the water yet and I was constantly doing partial changeouts when I kept messing with the ppm lol.

but I added 30ml of watermax to the system, usually once every 6-8 days

and some pictures. 1st, the smaller girl, 2nd and 3rd, the bigger one, 4th and 5th are roots for the smaller then larger one.
20180923_141157.jpg 20180923_141203.jpg 20180923_071258.jpg 20180923_071140.jpg 20180923_071037.jpg

and here are the numbers for the last few days.
20180922_203959.jpg

Your roots are looking super sweet. Nice and white! Your numbers look good too.

With topping, usually when the plant make the second node, then I willl top that. Now you have two offshoots that will grow from the topping. those two I will top when they make their first node. Usually 3 to 5 days from the last topping. Now you will have four offshots developing. Same thing, top those 4 after the fist node develops 3 to 5 days later. Top those two also and now you have 8. You can do this as long as you want. My last grow I stopped at 16 offshoots. when the all made their first node I flipped the plant into flowering.

You should have a strategy on how you want your plant to grow. You can grow her like a christmas tree and topping a couple times is fine with this method. You can grow her as a bush where you rely on the scrog net to keep her even and level. Good results from this method. Then whats turning out to be my favorite method, you can grow her flat where you either tie down each offshooot or use weights to keep her growing flat. My last grow when I flipped her to flowering I had 16 offshoots and nowhere was she over 10 inches above the pot.

Screenshot_1.png

This is my Crown Royale grow that I harvested last week. See how flat I grew her with a ton of buds. I didnt need the scrog screen at all with growing her flat. Using this method, despite a few screw ups I still harvested 167 grams of dried buds from her. Thats my best grow to date.

Chop, It definitely sounds like you had your hands full. That really sucks that it seemed to turn into more work than enjoyment for you, I don't wanna be in that boat. Have to tell myself to focus on doing this grow right and then take it from there. Yes, I've learned a lot already and its only the beginning! Stoked to see how its going to turn out and how much more I can take away from this.

Did you do a journal for your purple kush grow?

I have grow diaries from most of my grows during the last year on another site. My next grow I will do a diary here because I like this site better. Far more helpful people here. My journals are on another site and I feel its disrepectful to 420mag to link it here but if you google growdiaries and then search my name, you will see all my trials, tribulations, successes and failures from the last year. I learned a ton during this time and most of it I documented there :p

Update:

ph-6.1
ppm-480

Yesterday the larger one got topped for a second time! the smaller one wasn't quite ready so she got topped for a second time today. They sure are bushy ladies, I kind of wish they would start growing taller haha.

I've noticed some of the leaves kind of look wrinkled, or sort of dried out. not sure how to best explain it, maybe I'm just overthinking it. Also I've noticed some leaves have some holes in them and some chunks missing from the sides. I've looked pretty good and couldn't find any pests in there so I'm not really sure what's causing it.
With that aside, It seems like since a few days ago they started growing a little bit faster, or I'm just seeing things. hah.

And here's some pictures.
The first two are the larger one and the second two are the smaller one.

20180926_075551.jpg 20180926_075558.jpg 20180926_075606.jpg 20180926_075623.jpg

I have grow diaries from most of my grows during the last year on another site. My next grow I will do a diary here because I like this site better. Far more helpful people here. My journals are on another site and I feel its disrepectful to 420mag to link it here but if you google growdiaries and then search my name, you will see all my trials, tribulations, successes and failures from the last year. I learned a ton during this time and most of it I documented there :p

Chop, I've been looking a some of your grow diaries and I like the training that you do. Your crown royal looks really nice and dense! I can definitely see how that training pays off in the end.

I’m an exclusive dwc grower I’ll be looking in on this grow. And nice setup.
I didn't realise it was your forte Iceland. Should have picked your brains about my screwed up attempt. Still alive (just) but have same slow growth/no growth going on. Lol think is sorting itself now ( hopefully)

Update:

ph-6.1
ppm-480

Yesterday the larger one got topped for a second time! the smaller one wasn't quite ready so she got topped for a second time today. They sure are bushy ladies, I kind of wish they would start growing taller haha.

I've noticed some of the leaves kind of look wrinkled, or sort of dried out. not sure how to best explain it, maybe I'm just overthinking it. Also I've noticed some leaves have some holes in them and some chunks missing from the sides. I've looked pretty good and couldn't find any pests in there so I'm not really sure what's causing it.
With that aside, It seems like since a few days ago they started growing a little bit faster, or I'm just seeing things. hah.

And here's some pictures.
The first two are the larger one and the second two are the smaller one.

20180926_075551.jpg20180926_075558.jpg20180926_075606.jpg20180926_075623.jpg
All looking good to me chappie. when I've had wrinkled leaves on young plants like that I've always put it down to rapid growth and within a day or so the leaves have just opened up like normal ones. Keep an eye on it just in case but from what I see nice healthy plants. I see you've caught the training bug... how many colas we going for?

Chop, I've been looking a some of your grow diaries and I like the training that you do. Your crown royal looks really nice and dense! I can definitely see how that training pays off in the end.

Hey chop, I see you've also grown a ww auto from cks. I've done a run with 5 of them in soil a while back. You got way more than I did per plant, but I'd have to say that the taste and effect were about the same as yours.
I was impressed how fast they grew.

Thanks Chappie, glad you liked my grows. White Widow is my favorite strain and my next grow will have a WW fem grow. I liked the autos because they grow real fast. 3 weeks she puts herself into flowering. Yet the more grow experience I get, the more I am understanding that to get the most out of a plant means keeping them in veg longer and training really pays off. Thats why I ordered White Widow fem seeds, to see how she does with a longer veg state and training to grow flat.

Your girls are looking great. Nice and healthy and watching your grow, they do seem to be growing faster. I see what you mean about your leaves. The ones that kinda curl a bit, I seen that when the lights turn on and the plant is waking up and usually they recover from that within an hour. With chunks missing from your leaves, that could be a problem. Something ate that chunk and you need to find out what. Check the bottom of your leaves as much as the top. I would pinch off the damage leaves, check the whole plant and watch her for new damage.

I have used Raid in a grow tent before. I know people gonna scream dont do that and a plant in flowering I totally agree. Thats not real smart. But a plant in veg has no buds developing yet so nothing for the Raid to effect that can be harmful plus in a couple months when its harvested, anything left from the Raid spray will be inert. What I did was a quick short couple sprays in the area above the plant, then close up the tent and turn the fans off for three or 4 hours. It killed the pest I had.

All looking good to me chappie. when I've had wrinkled leaves on young plants like that I've always put it down to rapid growth and within a day or so the leaves have just opened up like normal ones. Keep an eye on it just in case but from what I see nice healthy plants. I see you've caught the training bug... how many colas we going for?
That makes sense now Lewy, Some of the leaves I was worried about are starting to look okay. I can't believe how fast they grow in hydro. Every time I go look at them, it seems like they are just thicker and thicker!
Well, so far they both have been topped twice. I think I'm gonna roll with that for now. I think with the 4 main branches I can send one each way under the screen and fill it up somewhat nice. This will be mostly a learning experience for me, so I will be going more for quality rather than quantity.

I ordered White Widow fem seeds, to see how she does with a longer veg state and training to grow flat.
I'd be interested to see what kind of monster you could grow those into!
With chunks missing from your leaves, that could be a problem. Something ate that chunk and you need to find out what. Check the bottom of your leaves as much as the top. I would pinch off the damage leaves, check the whole plant and watch her for new damage.
I'm going to be investing in some sort of magnifying device so I can get a better view. It seems like it is only on a few leaves, but I can't see anything right now. Hopefully it's nothing to serious and I can get a handle on it soon.
This was one of my better ww autos, but the buds were still light and airy.

I'd be interested to see what kind of monster you could grow those into!

I'm going to be investing in some sort of magnifying device so I can get a better view. It seems like it is only on a few leaves, but I can't see anything right now. Hopefully it's nothing to serious and I can get a handle on it soon.
This was one of my better ww autos, but the buds were still light and airy.

Now that looks beautiful. Lots and lots of pretty buds. Outstanding kudo's on growing this girl :) Looking at it, it looks like you was able to get well over 120 grams of dried buds off her.

Gonna follow along if that's ok.

Now that looks beautiful. Lots and lots of pretty buds. Outstanding kudo's on growing this girl :) Looking at it, it looks like you was able to get well over 120 grams of dried buds off her.
Thanks, and one would think but near the end of flower one day the buds were really dense and then overnight the buds got really soft and light. I started to panic and ended up harvesting a little early I think. Between my little mishap and the buds drying, I'm pretty sure I ended up with just over a couple ounces. I still never understood why that happened, all I can hope is it doesn't happen again.

Update:

Quick update today. Ph was starting to fluctuate up and down lately so I decided to do a full change out.

15 gallons r.o water with 20ml bloom aqua. That brought the ppm up to 460. I also added 30ml of watermax and ph down to 5.6.

They still seem like they are doing okay. The smaller one is a little shrub, can't even get in there to start to spread things out. I threw the net on top of them to try and help open things up.

And some pictures along with the numbers from last week.

20180930_081552.jpg 20180930_081254.jpg
20180930_081246.jpg 20180929_081245.jpg

So the plants started to burn a little and I didn't catch it right away. More so on the larger one than the small one. It looks like only some of the lower leaves were affected and not much up top. I lowered the ppm down by 100. Current stats are, ph 5.8, ppm 370, res temp, 68. I hope they start to take off again because it seems to me that they slowed down a little bit.

The first picture is the smaller one and the second 2 are from the larger one.

20181001_080835.jpg20181001_080917.jpg20181001_080852.jpg

Honestly they look fine to me. In the last picture you have something going on with the one leaf you need to research. Every time I had nute burn the very tip of the leave will become dead. I dont see any of that going on here.

Attachments

• nute burn.jpeg
    nute burn.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 167
Back
Top Bottom