2 x 6 oz ostrich or kangaroo fillet steaks
4 oz Cannabutter
1/2 can Smoked oysters
1 x Lemon, zest of
1 sprg fresh thyme, chopped

GARNISH
Fresh herbs and flowers

Method :

* First take the cannabutter and soften it in a bowl with a spoon. Add the oysters, lemon zest and thyme. Season with a little black pepper. Now pop the cannabutter on top of some cling film. Spread it lengthways and then roll it like a cigar. Seal at both ends by twisting the cling film and then place in the freezer until firm. (Not too long as you don't want it frozen.)
* Season both the fillets with black pepper and heat a chargrill pan
* (or you can use the BBQ) until very hot. Rub the steak with some oil and then put into the pan. Turn the heat down slightly so you don't cremate the steak! Once seared on one side turn over and repeat on the other. Then turn once more on each side until the steak is medium. Kangaroo is much better medium rare, otherwise it can be stringy. Medium is firm, yet still springy to the touch.
* Once cooked, place on a serving dish, then take out the cannabutter from the fridge. Unwrap the clingfilm and slice the cannabutter evenly. Place as many of the discs as you want on top of the steak to melt in.
* Garnish with fresh herbs and flowers. Have plenty of crusty bread to soak up the sauces left on the plate. Sourdough or damper works best.

um... that looks tasty..
Only problem is I asked for some roo filets and they called the ASPCA...
I have however tried Ostrich in the past, very interesting taste and texture.

Now, if you come over with the Kangaroo... I got a fast heating grill outside, bud to cook with and I'm a culinary arts major :) Bring on the feast!

WCT we have a place up north here that I can get anything exotic and the Kangaroo sounds good. I had some when I was in Perth and it was delicious. Also Emu is pretty damn good on the barbie.:grinjoint:

Kangaroo meat is yummy. Very lean and full of flavour without being too gamey. Gosh, we have roo meat in all grocery stores and supermarkets these days. Roo fillet is my favourite. I also am partial to crocodile meat, and I have eaten camel steaks, buffalo steaks, and emu meat.

Umm fried crocodile/ aligator with honey mustard sauce......[stomach growling out of control now] is pure white meat in those tails.:ganjamon:

I have never eaten my bud, I would like to try someday. Now when I smoke my bud my number one rule is to stay the hell away from the kitchen as not to ruin my buzz. I guess doing it this way would prevent the munchies? Maybe someone could describe the expierience for me? Peace

I have never tried Kangaroo or Ostrich. I betcha kangaroo is real good. Does Ostrich taste like chicken? What's kangaroo taste like?

Umm fried crocodile/ aligator with honey mustard sauce......[stomach growling out of control now] is pure white meat in those tails.:ganjamon:

Oh yesss! I order my tail from Louisiana. Believe it or not, but it's real good grilled on a charcoal grill. I grilled some the other day and it was sooooo tender. Of course it helps not to overcook it for sure. That's where that stereotype comes in where people say gator tail is chewy.

Hey, next time you get some gator tail, try thousand dressing with some of your favorite hot sauce mixed in or pooled on the top. YUM

Speaking of hot sauce. How bout' a home made Hot Cannasauce? I put butter in my sauce, so it would be easy to just add cannabutter...

Back
Top Bottom