Charlie's Canna Terra Professional Candy Cane Auto 2018 First Time Grower

CharlieG

What strain is it? Candy cane auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60% Indica 30% sativa 10% ruderalis
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 27 days
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? It contains a blend of upgraded black peat, granulated peat moss and perlite
If soil... What size pot? Started on half a litre pot, moved to 1.5 litre now in 3 gallon pots looking for advice on whether to shift again
Size of light? 300w led just purchased a second 600w led for the switch over.
Is it aircooled? Small fan
Temp of Room/cab? Average 20-25 degrees
RH of Room/cab? Sits around 60%
PH of media or res? Haven't checked (rookie I know!)
Any Pests ? Did have a few aphids munching and what I think was a soil larvae the chewed on my stalk/roots. Neem oil worked wonders for it
How often are you watering? Every 4-5 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Nitrosol n.p.k 8.3.6

Did have four plants on the go but one got munched so bad we had to send her to the graveyard. So now three healthy plants thanks for watching!
Very New to this so any help is lovely.
Didn't keep track of the grow too well just a couple pictures so I'll do my best to piece this together.

So this is days 1-7 pretty sure the pots I started in were way too small because the when I transferred the roots were everywhere.
Then moved into 1.5 litre lots and they shot up!
Also noticed I've messed up naming the pictures so may give up on that too (go easy on me I'm New haha)

This was a very sad time for me as one of my girls was being munched pretty good by an unknown pest. By the time I recognised the issue it was too late and she was beyond repair. Noticed the stalk of another was being chewed in the same fashion so I bought neem oil and mild soap to apply to the roots and leaves which has really worked. No more chew holes! The one that has been chewed I also taped (I hope this is good practise?) And she has grown at the same rate as the others. So,
this is pretty much where I'm at now I'll take one more photo when I'm done talking about these ones this is kinda week 3/4 with a bit of week 2 mixed in.
Tomorrow will be my one month mile stone so hit me with criticism and advice please!

What strain is it? Candy cane auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60% Indica 30% sativa 10% ruderalis
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 27 days
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? It contains a blend of upgraded black peat, granulated peat moss and perlite
If soil... What size pot? Started on half a litre pot, moved to 1.5 litre now in 3 gallon pots looking for advice on whether to shift again
Size of light? 300w led just purchased a second 600w led for the switch over.
Is it aircooled? Small fan
Temp of Room/cab? Average 20-25 degrees
RH of Room/cab? Sits around 60%
PH of media or res? Haven't checked (rookie I know!)
Any Pests ? Did have a few aphids munching and what I think was a soil larvae the chewed on my stalk/roots. Neem oil worked wonders for it
How often are you watering? Every 4-5 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Nitrosol n.p.k 8.3.6

Did have four plants on the go but one got munched so bad we had to send her to the graveyard. So now three healthy plants thanks for watching!
Very New to this so any help is lovely.
Didn't keep track of the grow too well just a couple pictures so I'll do my best to piece this together.
Hey so you can also use h202 or hydrogen peroxide bud at 1/4 ratio dose to water it will kill them as well and is A safe alternative . Also kills any bacteria build up algae etc. Does not prevent though.

Sorry I missed your size of space ?
600 and your 300 probably can go in there if you can control your temps heat Rh

So isn’t that like coco essentially ?

Also your going to need to get more p onc emid flower hits to end . And k too prob but it should work good nonetheless . Remember under led lights cannabis plants require a bit of extra calcium magnesium.

Welcome to 420 mind if I pull in a chair ?

Oh also look at getting a ppm meter parts per million helps measure how much food essentially is in your water as different cycles of your plants growth requires different scales numbers of ppm sorry not sure if aware or not . Also check out light Addict for tip spreading hey those node nice and tight

Hey so you can also use h202 or hydrogen peroxide bud at 1/4 ratio dose to water it will kill them as well and is A safe alternative . Also kills any bacteria build up algae etc. Does not prevent though.

Sorry I missed your size of space ?
600 and your 300 probably can go in there if you can control your temps heat Rh

So isn’t that like coco essentially ?

Also your going to need to get more p onc emid flower hits to end . And k too prob but it should work good nonetheless . Remember under led lights cannabis plants require a bit of extra calcium magnesium.

Welcome to 420 mind if I pull in a chair ?
Pull up a pew mate and all help is appreciated! My space is 20sq ft so 1mx1mx2m temperature will be an issue as we are moving into winter now gets as low 0 here in a month so I'll probably get a little heater to keep the girls warm hope that'll keep them going.
I'm not entirely sure if it's coco like I said I'm going in pretty blind got recommended by my local shop to buy canna terra professional.
Also bought some new neuts today which are canna flora Flores recommended for when I flower my plants in a couple weeks they apparently fit the same soil im using perfectly. But obviously your advice is better than someone trying to sell me stuff from a shop.
How would I get my plants more calcium magnesium? I could get a couple of 'grills' to vents my plants a bit more they seem to take at least 4-5days at least before I need to water them is that too long?
Thanks for joining the ride bro!

Pull up a pew mate and all help is appreciated! My space is 20sq ft so 1mx1mx2m temperature will be an issue as we are moving into winter now gets as low 0 here in a month so I'll probably get a little heater to keep the girls warm hope that'll keep them going.
I'm not entirely sure if it's coco like I said I'm going in pretty blind got recommended by my local shop to buy canna terra professional.
Also bought some new neuts today which are canna flora Flores recommended for when I flower my plants in a couple weeks they apparently fit the same soil im using perfectly. But obviously your advice is better than someone trying to sell me stuff from a shop.
How would I get my plants more calcium magnesium? I could get a couple of 'grills' to vents my plants a bit more they seem to take at least 4-5days at least before I need to water them is that too long?
Thanks for joining the ride bro!

Okay that sounds like coco to me if that is the case you need to feed it daily. I would recommend backing off on how much your watering it . Speaking of that how much do you give ?

Coco needs to be treated like hydroponics.
You need to maintain ph as well if your ph is off your plant will be stunted and have serious issues .

Like he said cal mag by general hydroponics is what I use cal mag is an important role to growing cannabis .

Coco your essentially charging your medium pushing old out and giving fresh nutes.

Things I would consider looking into that will save you time

1. Z7, mammoth p of you have the money .expensive . Or hydrogaurd by general hydroponics I believe .

What are these I’m suggesting to you ?

Enzyme cleaner ? What that heck is that ?

Think of it as shampoo and conditioner which helps out a live anti bacteria eating agent . This helps allow with allow a smoother uptake for your nutrients . Protects your roots from harsh mistakes to dry too long gnats issues algae build up bud rot , many other perks it’s not mandatory but I highly recommend having it my personal favourite minus I’ve yet used hydrogaurd is z7 by flying skull their two part series . Little goes a long way in coco o bought an 8 0z Bottle a and b liek I said two part I take a mill.25 per gal ish once every three or four days mix in first then add cal mag then trace elements then base nutes . The. Ph down always in that order . Ph should be around 5.5-6.5 in hydroponics having the right ph range is critical. We’re looking for quality over quantity right .

Personally when I get my coco either pre mix like canna line if it’s coco I always flush with straight tap water that has been sitting out de cholorine water . Then once I see my ppm is 0 or what ever my tap water is going in is coming out same. Then I’ll mix a 1/4 ratio of nutes so take your nues what ever they say to put do a quarter dose from seed make sure you add about two to three mil of cal mag through it as well or cal mag issues may become present later .

I seems overwhelming but once you understand the basics it gets easier

Okay that sounds like coco to me if that is the case you need to feed it daily. I would recommend backing off on how much your watering it . Speaking of that how much do you give ?

You need to maintain ph as well if your ph is off your plant will be stunted and have serious issues .

Like he said cal mag by general hydroponics is what I use cal mag is an important role to growing cannabis .

Coco your essentially charging your medium pushing old out and giving fresh nutes.

1. Z7, mammoth p of you have the money .expensive . Or hydrogaurd by general hydroponics I believe .

Think of it as shampoo and conditioner which helps out a live anti bacteria eating agent . This helps allow with allow a smoother uptake for your nutrients . Protects your roots from harsh mistakes to dry too long gnats issues algae build up bud rot , many other perks it’s not mandatory but I highly recommend having it my personal favourite minus I’ve yet used hydrogaurd is z7 by flying skull their two part series . Little goes a long way in coco o bought an 8 0z Bottle a and b liek I said two part I take a mill.25 per gal ish once every three or four days mix in first then add cal mag then trace elements then base nutes . The. Ph down always in that order . Ph should be around 5.5-6.5 in hydroponics having the right ph range is critical. We’re looking for quality over quantity right .

Personally when I get my coco either pre mix like canna line if it’s coco I always flush with straight tap water that has been sitting out de cholorine water . Then once I see my ppm is 0 or what ever my tap water is going in is coming out same. Then I’ll mix a 1/4 ratio of nutes so take your nues what ever they say to put do a quarter dose from seed make sure you add about two to three mil of cal mag through it as well or cal mag issues may become present later .

I'm giving them about a litre - 1.5 litre every time they need it. Have noticed this stuff really holds the water even when I do the knuckle test it's still pretty damn moist underneath. Maybe I'll move to every 7 days or do you think more frequently with less water?
I'll look into a soil ph reader i shouldve prepared myself for this a bit better haha.
I'll have to have a good look into all the neuts and root protection you've provided me, food for thought! I assumed this soil would come pre neuted as it was more expensive. Is coco good then?
I'm going to repot these girls and pot some more that I've terminated due to one dying. So I'll have 5 on the go soon
I'll have to have another trip down to the ole grow shop and have a look around. Thanks for your help brother! Been really incitful love your work too man had a good look around your grows.
Peace!

Also do you think 3 gal pots is big enough to take me all the way through flowering? They're about 10 inches now

So today is my girls one month birthday! They sit at 10 inches tall (Is that a bit short?) What kind of reasons for shortness is there? But they are nice and bushy. As you can see we have two new comers as well I germinated another two seeds to replace the one that died :rip:.
Thanks for watching!

I'm giving them about a litre - 1.5 litre every time they need it. Have noticed this stuff really holds the water even when I do the knuckle test it's still pretty damn moist underneath. Maybe I'll move to every 7 days or do you think more frequently with less water?
I'll look into a soil ph reader i shouldve prepared myself for this a bit better haha.
I'll have to have a good look into all the neuts and root protection you've provided me, food for thought! I assumed this soil would come pre neuted as it was more expensive. Is coco good then?
I'm going to repot these girls and pot some more that I've terminated due to one dying. So I'll have 5 on the go soon
I'll have to have another trip down to the ole grow shop and have a look around. Thanks for your help brother! Been really incitful love your work too man had a good look around your grows.
Peace!
If you can go 7 days without a feeding that’s insane. It must be a soil then as coco couldn’t go that long no way .

So if so then sure. I’m prett sure coco is plain peat moss . Only

You have a mix of stuff correct so it not eliek a promix mix maybe ? Which i can see holds moisture way longer. .i think RH and temperature play a role as to how fast it dries out along with ventilation.

Also do you think 3 gal pots is big enough to take me all the way through flowering? They're about 10 inches now
In inches how tall is solace and wide in inches buddy ? Let me get you a picture explaining how to determine when you should flip or how big you should let plants go also depends on strectch google your strains see if they are known to stretch liek champs or stay low and bushy . Brb with a chart pic for you guys be sec

If you can go 7 days without a feeding that’s insane. It must be a soil then as coco couldn’t go that long no way .

So if so then sure. I’m prett sure coco is plain peat moss . Only

You have a mix of stuff correct so it not eliek a promix mix maybe ? Which i can see holds moisture way longer. .i think RH and temperature play a role as to how fast it dries out along with ventilation.
I mean I usually go 4 days with out feeding
The Ultimate Potting Mix for the Professional Grower | CANNA Australia
This is the exact stuff I have may be more incitful than I am! This is moss etc in it so it holds water 1000x better than normal soil, hence it being so moist even after a few days I guess.
My room is actually pretty similar to that picture you sent which is really helpful haha so I'll have a read into that and let you know how I get on.
Once again thanks for the help!
Peace

Back
Top Bottom