Charlie's Canna Terra Professional Candy Cane Auto 2018 First Time Grower

I mean I usually go 4 days with out feeding
The Ultimate Potting Mix for the Professional Grower | CANNA Australia
This is the exact stuff I have may be more incitful than I am! This is moss etc in it so it holds water 1000x better than normal soil, hence it being so moist even after a few days I guess.
My room is actually pretty similar to that picture you sent which is really helpful haha so I'll have a read into that and let you know how I get on.
Once again thanks for the help!
Peace
Okay so your in soil then not coco so feed as you are bud

My bad

Seems like a day has made a world of difference gave the girls a fresh batch of neauts yesterday and they have loved me for it!
Also got two mice last night with my traps, starting to think that's what killed one of my girls. At least these 3 are looking healthier than ever.
New additions to the group one has sprouted still waiting on the second newy. Things are looking pretty good though, Surprised how quickly she has shot up.

Also noticed a good amount of white hairs starting to grow on the original three
Is this a good indication of when to switch to bloom?
Thanks for watching

Seems like a day has made a world of difference gave the girls a fresh batch of neauts yesterday and they have loved me for it!
Also got two mice last night with my traps, starting to think that's what killed one of my girls. At least these 3 are looking healthier than ever.
New additions to the group one has sprouted still waiting on the second newy. Things are looking pretty good though, Surprised how quickly she has shot up.

Also noticed a good amount of white hairs starting to grow on the original three
Is this a good indication of when to switch to bloom?
Thanks for watching
Those are just pre flowers. They are showing you that its a female. If it was a male, it would be showing the occasional ball or balls instead of the stray white pistils you see in pre flower.

Wait, these are autos aren't they? You could be getting ready to flower whether you are wanting it or not.

Sorry, was used to dealing with photos, not autos.
They are autos, I may just force them into flowering soon anyway I've got limited space and they're already getting bushy. One more week and I'll switch them over. Thanks for the info!

Dam Charlie had to come over to check things out and those autos are looking mint buddy. What did you need help with about your lighting?
Curious about whether my lights will get me through flowering but after doing a little look around 900w of led will be perfect I should think. Although neither of the lights have a bloom or veg setting will this make a difference?
Thanks bro! They're doing me proud that's for sure did not expect them to be getting a long so well :roorrip:.
Happy growing brother!

Is this your first grow? If so you are doing tremendously well. You just running full spectrum leds? I’ve grown budd with half the amount of led when I first started and got great results and it was a full spectrum. Density wasn’t exactly there but over time I got another light with both veg and bloom switches and learned the right way use it also the right way to feed these hungry pigs lol. What kind of light or lights do you have Charlie

They are autos, I may just force them into flowering soon anyway I've got limited space and they're already getting bushy. One more week and I'll switch them over. Thanks for the info!
I don't think you will be able to "switch" over autos. Its my understanding that they kind of do what they want, when they want. Everything I have read on autos says to keep the lights cranking on them.....either 20-4 or 18-6. Thats supposedly one of the selling points of autos, you can run them that same 20-4, or 18-6 the whole way.

Is this your first grow? If so you are doing tremendously well. You just running full spectrum leds? I’ve grown budd with half the amount of led when I first started and got great results and it was a full spectrum. Density wasn’t exactly there but over time I got another light with both veg and bloom switches and learned the right way use it also the right way to feed these hungry pigs lol. What kind of light or lights do you have Charlie
It is my first grow! Thanks for saying so, it's not been an easy ride but I feel like I'm getting somewhere now haha.
What sort of wattage did you start with then?
300w led
And the other is an epistar 600w led.
They were both cheap trying my hardest not to spend too much as it's my first grow I know something can give wrong at anytime haha.
As if you can't just switch autos, I have to move out in a couple months so here's to hoping for a speedy flowering!

This is day 2/3 for these little ones smaller ones root wasn't quite as long as the bigger one's was but i figured id smash her in anyway! Seems to have worked might help that smally is in a smaller pot so she should get off to a quicker start. Interested to see if these will be finished in time as I have to be out of this house at the start of June o_O.
But these girls are starting to stretch now lots of hairs, I'm thinking I may have put them back a week or so because of repotting so I'm not expecting to see any forming of buds for a couple weeks yet.
Not sure i mentioned this but picked up some Canna terra flores which I'll be feeding to the girl possibly once a week to speed things a long a bit!
Is once a week too much? And will it speed up the process?
Thanks for watching guys!

Sorry Charlie I meant to ask you if those are autos you are worried about. Maybe I’m too buzzed up and high lol
Haha ma maaan!
Yeah supposed to be 7 weeks flowering time so they should be all good.
Reckon the two new ones won't be done but I'll just have to chop down what i have or gift to a friend.
Reckon I may be over thinking a couple things haha
In other news got my second light pretty excited to see what'll happen now!
Wanna see crazy yields!
Woop woop

Day 31!
Sorted out the room a bit taped back the shiny sheets I got as they were poking out a bit and tightening my space. So here's the new space
Girls are continuing to do me proud fattening up now. Exciting times!
One of the newuns is doing pretty good day four getting good growth on her.
Second one is a bit of a mong still reckon I may have put her in a bit early seems to be struggling to get out of the seed.
Other than that second light is smashing down the rays!
Having a couple beers to celebrate
Lastly any advice on big ole fan leaves? Leave them or trim on or two to give lower leaves a chance?
Happy Wednesday people!

Back
Top Bottom