Charlotte's Web - Organically Grown

I've only used Seedsman, one of the sponsors, with great results..I have actually posted sort of a review of them some where lol...They are a great company and I was very impressed with their service. But alas seedsman doesn't carry "everything" I would like to try so...I unfortunately I have to find some things elsewhere...Does anyone looking at this thread KNow a reputable company distributing Valentine X , ACDC and/or Harlequinn?

Notes: All six plants are dried and jarred up. These again are number 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, and 10. And again to repeat myself (sorry), #1 and #2 hermied, #8 died in the pot, and the other 3 were the ones I was going to test. If it's not too time consuming (if I can do all of them at the same time) I think I'm going to test all 6. All of my attempts at keeping a piece of any of these alive have failed, so I might as well test them all to see if any of them have high enough numbers to consider ordering again. Hell, one on the low end of what the ad says would make it worth buying again :)
The smell of all of them is similar, kind of Ruderalis with a light mint or pine maybe? I'll do pics of each before I do the samples and the tests. I hope I get one that gets me a buzz on too ;) Depending on what happens with a few things, I may do this Rafael/ACDC grow soon. And the test may be as soon as tomorrow if I don't have too many things going on.

I usually don't do weights, and in this case as bad as the outcome was I shouldn't, but I'll do a quick weight of each of the 6 jarred plants and post it for everybody, altainta. I run 4 or 5 grows at the same and one I just did bombed out with all males so I got some unpredicted work put on me (to get the other units redone and other grows going). As soon as I'm done changing things out and transferring plants from one unit to another I'll be doing my tests. I've got the timers and bulbs switched over on two of the units, but I've got to wait to switch the plants out in the third to change the bulb and timer. On one hand I hope the tests don't reflect badly on the breeder; the soil amendment mix harmed them a lot. On the other hand even though the counts won't be as high as they should be, if I don't get a number that looks good (regardless of the poor health of the plants) there's no sense in reordering this strain. I'll watch the how-to vid again and get the results up soon. :)

Charlotte's Web - Phenotype weights

#1 - 1.05 oz.
#2 - 1.45 oz.
#3 - 0.90 oz.
#4 - 0.60 oz.
#8 - 0.55 oz.
#10 - 0.90 oz.

Total - 5.45 oz.

I'll do a setup in my garage as soon as I get a chance and go ahead with the cannabinoid fingerprint tests. It takes a few hours, some prep, and an orderly setup; I've got quite a few things going on in my personal life right now but it should be done in a few days. I'll rewatch the vid and read the download instructions a few more times to make sure I have the method down while I'm working on some free time.

You're welcome, altainta. As someone mentioned to me before it's hard to keep track of things when I run so many grows at once :) I can't say when, but I want to do Rafael and ACDC together, do these tests prior to picking a mother and father, and do a breeding project off of it. An end product with all phenos running a CBD count in the low twenties would be the goal.

Sorry to keep everybody waiting, but a few things came up. Two in my personal life that are things you can't be away from. And the third is I haven't gotten an answer back about a technical question from the company I have about the test. Here's what I do know:
They give you five glass sheets they call TLC plates. On these sheets are four places that you apply a small drop of solution called a lane. You can run four separate strains on each plate by using one lane each to get what's called a chemotype of each strain (the dot sizes compared to each other would give a ratio of each cannabinoid to another), or you can run a full test of one strain on a single plate, which uses all 4 lanes. To do a THC percentage test, you have to heat the edge of the plate with a lighter prior to setting it in the jar of developing chemical. They give you two charts to compare the dot size on your plate to, one clear sheet with colored dots (looks like a wire gage chart, the bigger the # the larger the dot), and one colored sheet with clear spots (same as far as # and size). The dots are the same size on both sheets, and I'm assuming that you only can use them for the hot plate tests. I think I already know the answer, but I asked if you could do some kind of size ratio comparison to use one plate and 4 strains on 4 separate lanes to determine %s and not have to do separate tests.
What I'm going to do is use two sheets (which will give me 8 lanes) and test all six Charlotte's Web plants, some Chemdawg D BX3, and a 818 Headband x GDP plant I grew all for their chemotype. The 2 extra plants are so I don't waste the lanes on the plates, damn these are so pricey it's insane which is part of the reason for the delay. I don't want to mess them up. What the 6 CW tests will give me is a ratio of dot sizes to each other so I can know a few things. If the THC spot is small and the one above it is big, I know it must be the high CBD low THC strain. And all 6 will give me which one has the biggest CBD dot. I'll have 2 normal strains to compare them to in order to see if there are big variations. I think the answer I'll get from the company (if I get one) is what I am thinking. If I see one of the lanes that has the largest CBD dot and smallest THC dot, I'll have to take that pheno out of the jar again and run a full one strain hot plate test on it to get the exact #s. One twenty something to get five more of these plates I better think out what I'm going after before I use them. :)
I've got some of the samples labeled and put in the tubes, but I've got to do the 2 different strains and the last CW; doing precision measurements on my scale is rough and it has to be precisely 100 mg of product. I hope to post the results later today or tomorrow.

It did somewhat but not really, Gfcollective. I did all the above strains and phenos. I have to redo Charlotte's Web #s 1 ,2 ,3 , and 4 tomorrow. For some reason the plate developed weird; the whole thing almost went red. I put too big of a drop on the last lane of that plate, but I doubt that did it. I did the second four samples and set them aside (I can only do one plate at a time so I had to run two tests). Here's the 100 mg samples before I added the 1 microliter of test solution to each:

0011956.JPG

This second one turned out better, but is difficult to interpret. From left to right - CW #8, CW #10, Chemdawg D BX 3, and my 818 Headband x GDP cross:

0031863.JPG

The bottom lines are the acids that indicate freshness, which would make sense because the CW was a lot drier when I jarred it and the other 2 strains were still damp. I'm confused as to the larger dots. I'm just going to smoke a joint of #8 tomorrow morning and a joint of #10 the morning after and if they both get me high that dot must be THC. If they don't then all these strains must have a lot of CBD and the two lighter dots on the right side under the bigger ones on the top must be THC. Man both those pots get me a lot higher than those dots look big..... :)

I'll try to get a better fingerprint of the first four on the next plate.

Keep it up.... i too get failed many many times on new devices but the key is to keep it up....

I hope one day the MY DX device will become affordable it is the easiest i found for testing..

I redid the tests for #s 1 through 4 this morning. Here they are in the tubes before I took the samples:

0011962.JPG

Only on the last lane did I feel I did a decent job with the capillary tube to get 4 microliters out for the sample. Here's the plate sitting in the developing fluid:

0021947.JPG

I don't recommend this testing set. If you're a good spray painter you may do better, but this stuff is too hard to work with. The plates are touchy; there was a line that looked more dull at the top of the plate and it soaked up too much test fluid. The fluid ran back down and distorted the rest of the tests. I think the larger dots are the CBD and the few lighter ones just to the left of them are THC, but if the darker ones are THC, then what would have developed above isn't readable :(
I'll post a pic of the plate in a few minutes when it's dry.

On the left are the acid lines indicating freshness, which I don't question. The shorter lines were from samples that were more dry. On the right is where I have trouble determining what is what. And it developing runny like that doesn't help:

0031870.JPG

I'm going to use up the last few plates to check a few strains against each other, and one of these phenos will be in that test. I'll post a pic of the plate here if I remember to. I'm going to rely on the smoke test and burn one the first thing tomorrow morning. If I get a buzz at all, those must be THC dots. That Dx device is looking mighty good to me at this point :)
I'm going to close this journal and I'll be doing another high CBD grow within two months time. Thanks everybody for the interest and encouragement, and sorry I didn't do a better job.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

you did a great job! thanks for the showing of the test results, helped many here decide if they should get this or wait for the Dx, looking forward to your next journal! ill be in the first couple rows !! ;)

I&i

Back
Top Bottom