Cheap LEDs & Bag Seeds

Don't worry too much, we have to make mistakes in order to learn. Many of the soil company's do light mixes for seedling but I've never used any. I just put my seeds straight into whichever soil I'm using for that grow and off they go. I'm currently using Biobizz allmix but it's the same with FFOF and Canna professional. Like Bobby said, usually you won't need to feed for the first month but somtimes I like to start adding very small amounts after the first few weeks just to be ready for when the plants suddenly decide they are hungry :)

Its crap. lol! I meant to get plain potting soil for the seedlings but I screwed up and accidentally got potting soil with miracle grow in it. I added some perlite and a little compost which is why It is so hot. (Learning curve - garden veggies aren't so finicky at first) anyway, I have a nice soil mixed up for when I up pot. It's a FFOF based organic soil mix. Everything added is ready to use so it's a shortcut while I cook real soil. I got the recipe from the Cali-green you tube channel. Before I found this forum, it was his growing style that I was using as a template for my planned grow. I was gonna use FFOF straight for the seedlings but several people told me it was too hot. I bet it would have been better than the MG crap.
Yeah, FFOF regardless of the "parroting" you hear is usually fine for new seeds. Fresh rooted clones on the other hand wouldn't do so well. I don't think I would worry about Calmag yet, Your soil should be okay for now with Calcium and Magnesium in it yet as young as they are. I wouldn't add any myself unless they start to tell you otherwise. Now once they get bigger I may start giving a little even if they don't tell me they need it just because the last thing you want to do is go into flower with a problem like that, that will kill bud development. Middle veg is when I start making sure they dont get a calmag def. That's just me though.

I litterally just planted 2x pineapple express autos into FF 2 days ago (tap roots already out) . I pH my water, they popped up with no issues!

I also used FF with my clones, fresh roots. Again no issue.

The problem I had with FF is potential bugs. This can happen with any soils however. I got thrips mid winter, although I cannot say 100% it was the soil (as lots of bugs will be in egg or hibernation mode). There have been other people say this before however.

Other than that its good! :)

I litterally just planted 2x pineapple express autos into FF 2 days ago (tap roots already out) . I pH my water, they popped up with no issues!

I also used FF with my clones, fresh roots. Again no issue.

The problem I had with FF is potential bugs. This can happen with any soils however. I got thrips mid winter, although I cannot say 100% it was the soil (as lots of bugs will be in egg or hibernation mode). There have been other people say this before however.

Other than that its good! :)
All you have to do is sterilize your commercial soil as it comes in your door. 250° for 20 min in the oven will kill anything in there. Not doing this is putting your trust in too many people... the manufacturer, the warehouser, the distributor, the sales point... better safe than sorry.

Em, seeing as I have FFOF, do you recommend I cook it?
I swear, next time I'm just gonna go with roots organic.
I have a hydro / nute store down the road a ways, and I love the guy and what he is doing there, but I have seen his back warehouse area. Nothing against him, but its not laboratory clean, it has a large garage door that is open most of the time. Buying from a large distributor protects you a little bit just because of sheer volume in and out of their warehouse and distribution points, but at any point in the process contamination can occur, right down to the cleanliness of the semi-truck used to haul it. Unless I can trust the source, such as buying a designer soil directly from its creator, I would cook everything I shipped in. I can always add fungi and microlife back into a sterilized soil... minus the bugs and any anaerobic bacteria that might be tagging along

All you have to do is sterilize your commercial soil as it comes in your door. 250° for 20 min in the oven will kill anything in there. Not doing this is putting your trust in too many people... the manufacturer, the warehouser, the distributor, the sales point... better safe than sorry.

Oh I do, which is why i will probably be doing dwc next. But 28gal of soil is alot to put in the oven ;)

So my 420 friends, I have an update. I watered my plants Saturday night at lights off. Then we went down to Minneapolis and stayed overnight. We got back about 2:00PM today. After an hour, I had the chance to go downstairs and check on the ladies. They were pretty droopy. Except for the late popper, they were bone dry. I'm gonna water them before I go to bed tonight and monitor them closely the next day or so. It might be time to up pot. If not, then probably by this weekend.

Here's some pics. Look at those thirsty ladies!

Update to my grow journal. I will be adding 5 seeds as part of a sponsored pheno hunt/comparative grow by Seedsman seeds. The seeds are C-99 x blueberry. Photo period and "fast."I will just continue to veg my current girls and flip everybody together after the new comers veg for four to six weeks. Maybe I will do some supercropping if they get too big while waiting for their sisters to grow. I'm really looking forward to this grow, I hope I find a really dank pheno.

Back
Top Bottom