Cheap Optics

SparkNShred

Ebay and Amazon are awash in cheap poor-quality magnifiers, loupes, etc. The exact same loupe will be listed under several different brand names, different prices, different magnifications, etc. Reviewers who test these loupes find that the sellers are overstating the magnifications, and that most do not exceed 5X, even those advertised as 30X or 40X or even 60X. Many reviews report shoddy workmanship, distorted plastic lenses, etc, etc.

No serious optical tool costs $3.50. Buyer, beware. Price never lies.

Ebay and Amazon are awash in cheap poor-quality magnifiers, loupes, etc. The exact same loupe will be listed under several different brand names, different prices, different magnifications, etc. Reviewers who test these loupes find that the sellers are overstating the magnifications, and that most do not exceed 5X, even those advertised as 30X or 40X or even 60X. Many reviews report shoddy workmanship, distorted plastic lenses, etc, etc.

No serious optical tool costs $3.50. Buyer, beware. Price never lies.

Yeah - we all chase that crazy deal without this perspective. The question I ask myself these days is "Would YOU (ie. me) sell something quality for the price you are about to pay? No? Then don't do it.

Once and a while I will take a calculated risk on something. Like my LED light. It was pretty inexpensive but I took a chance.

This topic is the whole reason that reviews on products are essential on 420mag.

I guess I got lucky and got the good one

No, you got one that is adequate, but not nearly as good as if you had spent the money for even a mediocre $35 Bausch and Lomb. Try one of those, and you'll wish you had saved your $4 and put it toward a real one.

I must agree with SparkNShred when i spent the money($40) for my new magnifier it made a HUGE difference with the detail that i'm now able to see..... I just wish i would have done this sooner

I must agree with SparkNShred when i spent the money($40) for my new magnifier it made a HUGE difference with the detail that i'm now able to see..... I just wish i would have done this sooner

Fine optics are a treat to use, and are always worth the cost.

Try the 420 scope (100x's) or the 30x' -60x' combo by ace. The combo works great and really the 60x's works perfect, In relation to the 100x's were you really get on top of the "tic's)

Back
Top Bottom