Cheap Plastic Box Grow

Looking good, WS. The cuttings for the clones were presumably taken from a flowering plant. That's why the leaves look funny. Soon they'll start to shoot upwards, and produce multi-bladed leaves. They're in a sort of revegging process.
Sorry if I missed it - I know you don't know the strain, but do you know what the smoke from this plant is like?

Good morning my friend!! Yeah the cuttings were taken from the flowering mum. I've never done that before. That's awesome news. I wad worried I might have been doing something wrong as tomorrow is week 5 from taking root (plus the three and a bit weeks to root) and they're still so small haha. I'll just keep giving them love :)

No we didn't even get to smoke the mum, we got comprised and I took some cuttings and layer her to rest in the compost pile *tear*
I don't know if your following Steffs journal, but the mum kinda looked alot like her. Sorry i dont have any more info, I didn't really pick the grow... the grow picked me!! Next time I'll be properly prepared.

Thanks again my man, hope all is well down your end.
Happy days

Thanks for explaining that Weasel! That makes perfect sense.

Keep it up, Wrecked!

:nicethread:

Gosh you guys put alot of effort in, thank you

Oi was lost again in your journal last night, budwashing... never heard of it before. Thanks for your great worded explication with the vegetables ( I have a veggie garden to) and then your step by step. People like you guys make a world of difference to us. Thanks you

Ha love the woolies fan. I actually picked up one today. Hows it go?

YIEWWWWWWW Fellow Aussie. So good to see!! Thought I was the only one haha.

Well spotted my friend, got it half price, awwwww yeahhhh.
Yeah they go really good. Great air flow and cooling for the top of the canopy . But they do make a little noise. My set up is in the bedroom so just before I go to bed, like an hour or so before lights out I turn it to low, just for the sound factor.

There were some friggen sweet small desk fans at kmart I saw today for.. $10 bucks!!

Thanks for joining the ride my man. Keep posted on any cool stuff we can get here, they don't making growing easy here!

Happy days
WS

So to all the professional that are following this thread, may I ask some advice?

This whole PH thing blows my mind. Always grow out doors using tap water. No one ever explain why PH is important for the plants to take in nutrients. Seeing this chart blew my mind,

nutrient_chart_hydro.jpg

So my question is... is this a good PH tester for growing? I found it really hard to find a tester that wasn't for pool.. will this work for growing?
image1102.jpeg

And water wise is this what im after for watering? Or just for flushing?

20150924_181042.jpg

Thanks for any advice! Soz about the sideways pics.. blame my girl haha

WS

Those drops will work fine. You might have to work a little at matching the colors. They aren't all that accurate but I have a soft spot for them anyway. My digital ph pens became something that I hated after I went through a few of them and ruined a bunch of plants when they gave false readings. My ph drops never broke. I've got a more expensive ph meter now but keep the drops for backup

I'm on the same page as Weasel. With every tool we use, they have there limits. Can't count how many timers, pumps, gauges I've replaced because they SUCK!!!

However, you do get what you pay for. I've have more accurate equipment now. But I recommend getting them from online so you know what you're getting. But the drops will serve you well for now. It's better then nothing

:passitleft: :high-five:

Thata boy!

No rush in spending tons of money. Cause I'm sure I speak for both Weasel and myself when I say "growing cannabis isn't about how much money you have, it's about the passion and love you attribute to your garden. She will speak to you and if you're looking carefully, you can tell just what she needs without any fancy pieces of equipment"

Keep it up!

Thata boy!

No rush in spending tons of money. Cause I'm sure I speak for both Weasel and myself when I say "growing cannabis isn't about how much money you have, it's about the passion and love you attribute to your garden. She will speak to you and if you're looking carefully, you can tell just what she needs without any fancy pieces of equipment"

Keep it up!

Biggest smile right now :passitleft: thanks my friend.

20150925_075500.jpg
20150925_075510.jpg
20150925_075546.jpg
Well good morning (or goodnight to the majority) friends and followers. Today marks the start of week 5 from taking root. So time for an update. I'm still having a mildew problem on the stems, have never had this on a cannabis before, just in my veggie patch, and it was due to over crowding and humidity with the help of spours. So I'm guessing this maybe the problem in my indoor garden? At any rate there are alot of home remedies for this type of thing ranging from baking soda, to believe it or not diluted milk! I came across in my research though about organic apple cider vinegar, and I just so happen to have some lying around. So the mix is as follows 1 and a half tsp of ORGANIC Apple Cider Vinegar to 500ml of water. I took cotton buds and gently padded a tiny bit of the mixture on the infected area. I made sure it was at the start of lights on ( as much as I wanted to do it last night) to make sure they had the full 18 hours to dry out properly. So we will see how this little experiment works out.. fingers crossed. It's obviously something I have to keep an eye on cuz you can't see or get all the spours but it takes the right amount of humidity/environment / Temps for it to go crazy. So the next bit of equipment I shall be investing in will be some form of humidity gadget. And maybe I need to look at my air exchange in the box. Please jump in if you have any info, or need to correct anything. This is a learning blog for sure.

20150925_080009.jpg
20150925_080026.jpg
20150925_080032.jpg
As for an update on how fast they're growing up. Weaselcracker was on the money, starting to see the multi blade leaves now, made my smile from ear to ear. They are showing signs of a very slight over feeding so it's been just water (as needed) till they start asking for more food. I'm going to wait till these tops stick out enough then on to a bit of training. I'll only be flowering one plant and taking bulk clones from the other. Hope your all having a wonderful week. Happy days WS

Its really cool being able to reveg and clone these plants,even do both at the same time like you have.
About your stems I cant see so good in pictures but I have had cutting stems swell and change color and look weird from root hormone gel before roots pop and still look weird after further up the stem above the area coated. AN idea if possible with space is to take a bunch of clones from and to flip them both. I find it extra work and hard to maintain a mom and just take cuttings from clones before flowering:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom