Cheap Plastic Box Grow

Wreckedsummer

Hey all totally new here. Thought I'd start a journal to hopefully bounce around a few ideas as this is my first indoor mini grow. I had the mother outdoors but she got to....ah. . noticeable. So I as she started to flower I cloned her preflowers, after some research I built this box. It's nothing flash, I'm out of work at the moment and don't have any money so I worked with what I had. Here is the info of what I know about the girls as there mother was a mystery gift grown from seed:

What strain is it? Unknown.

Veg or flower? Cloned preflowers revegging.

In veg for how long? Rooted two weeks ago.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or hydro? Soil.

Soil mix? 1 part perlite 3 parts good soil.

Size of lights? 2x 24 watt warm cfl, 1x 24 watt cool cfl, 1x 20 watt led.

Is it air cooled? Yes, box has 1x computer fan intake, 2x computer fan outtake, 1x large fan cooling lights and helping air flow and 1x large colum fan over the top of the canopy.

Room temp? Between 24°C and 30°C

RH? Unknown but comfortable.

Ph of soil? Unknown

How often are you watering? Every second day.

Type of ferts and strength? Weekly weak feeding of nitrosol plan food.

Number of plants? 4

So that's all I know at the moment please let me know as the girls develop what you think they are or any ideas on the box creation, it seems to evolve everyday haha. This is just the veg box at the moment. Am in the process of making a flower box. The goal will be to time it right so my girlfriend and I can have a small constant supply. Plus I just love watching them grow and now I can in the privacy of my bedroom! Will keep this updated as much as I can. All feedback and help (especially with this website) is greatly appreciated!!

Time for a bowl and work out how to upload these pics.

Happy days
WS

1441971780129.jpg
1441971742606.jpg

Hey guys!!
Theclet: I have them under 18 and 6. Wanted them to have a bit of sleep to encourage root development when I was cloning, and because they have been doing so well (so much daily new growth) I left the light cycle, and it gives a few hours darkness in our bedroom as well.

Scousemouse: Thank you so much my friend, totally agree, we have been given this amazing plant. And it's ours to grpw, power to the people! Nar didn't get any of the outdoor mum cuz it was so sketchy in our backyard with neighbours and what not.

Lovin this garden <3

Bit of a small sad update... my two little girls had spidermites, so I have taken them outside so they don't effect my two larger girls. Have given the box a good clean and washed the two older girls, with a very weak eco-friendly dish soap mix. But I didn't see ANY signs on them, quite a bit devo but fingers crossed. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do with the 2 small ones with spidermite? They're so small not sure if I should grow them a little more then try and treat them.. or just cut my losses? I also managed to get another 6500k cfl and swapped it with one of the warmer 2700k cfls, also increased the big girls nutes to half strength. Will wait for lights on to see if they're photo worthy.

Happy days....... ?
WS

1442454920922.jpg
1442454838250.jpg
Good morning friends! Quick question.. does anyone know what this could be? I'm thinking it could possibly be the cloning powder I used but it's only on one of the girls, so my paranoidness thinks it could be something else.. any feed back would be so helpful!! Here are some pics, it's on the main stalk from the top of the soil about 2/3rds the way up, kinda wierd discolouration. Also my bottom leaves (the original leaves from the clone) are slightly yellowing.. normal? All new leaves look vibrant and healthy. Cheers peeps!!

Looks to me like the white mildew is because of over watering. Let her dry out nice and dry.

Are you using nutrients? Lower leaves will yellow and die first. It's common.

Hope all is well!

Looks to me like the white mildew is because of over watering. Let her dry out nice and dry.

Are you using nutrients? Lower leaves will yellow and die first. It's common.

Hope all is well!

Hey Pigeons. Thank you so much for stopping by. So wierd, I was lost in your journal all last night. You have such an awesome set up and a wealth of experience, so again thank you for your input! As soon as you said that, it clicked when I over watered her ( in the transplant process) this is also my 1st time using perlite, always a learning curve!

Umm I was giving them nutes in their last pot, but haven't watered or fed them since they went into their new pots (3 days ago) the new soil is pretty rich with no slow release ferts. But I've noticed the tips only ever so slightly start to curl (very very minutely) so I'd be right to back of the nutes for a bit hey?

Hope all is well to. Thanks again Pigeons

Subbed.
Kinda in a hurry atm so will check in later. Re. the mites- it's very likely that all plants have them- unless you got very lucky. Neem oil works well as a spray to get rid of them. Failing that being available right away- botanical soap, or (I think) a few drops of dish soap and water, or even plain cold water will wash off the existing mites. Do a little googling on mite treatment with neem, and the methods I mentioned, (and verify that dish soap comment first please :) ).
Your plants look a bit overwatered. Have you checked out this area of 420? How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know It's essential reading. Read the watering section and the 'lift the pot technique'.
Read about when to fertilize as well. Think of those pots as having quite a lot of food in them already. Almost guaranteed they do, and it's best to leave them - ok to go till the plant show slight signs of underfeeding. Overfeeding and overwatering are the number one mistakes. Next big issue is ph but hopefully your soil will be ok for that.

Edit- Pigeons is right- I don't see nute burn- but just going by my personal routine- I wouldn't be fertilizing beyond trace amounts at this stage, if at all. No expert either -just my 2 cents. Put it this way- I sure don't see many underfed plants on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words!

Please pay a visit to my journal. Everyone's welcome. Lots of great knowledge and tons of love pass through everyday.

You're girls aren't showing any signs of too much Nutes. So I would continue back at a regular feeding schedule. I like to water, water, feed. Throughout the week.

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom