Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

Yeah man, those plants are beautiful hidan...

I'm glad you guys like them!:Namaste: :thanks:
Been very busy this week, but I have a new update to share!

Plants look great ! Big Buds ! some of those lower leaves look a little yellow and could be removed ? or do you not want to stress out the plant during flowering stage ?

your gonna harvest some quality smoke from those ladys.

Hey CG, yeah I remove them off nearly every day! Now they're losing old leaves at a faster rate than a week ago.
I like to wait that the plant absorb as much as possible, all the nutrients from the leaves before removing them. I like to take them off when they start to go from yellow to brown.:Namaste:

We are at Start of Week 6! More trychomes and flowers developed, but I noticed that on one bud, what looks like a seed sack , formed! In the last photo,you can see that!
I hope that the buds continue to grow in thickness in these 3 last weeks...

DAY 36 - FLOWERING

Afghan Kush #1

2016-06-17.jpg

Afghan Kush #2

2016-06-17_1.jpg

Afghan Kush #3

2016-06-17_2.jpg

2016-06-17_3.jpg

2016-06-17_4.jpg

Great man... Idea also is to cut off the leaf when yellow but leave the stem,this still has something in it for the plants, unless it's falling off... It's something more relevant when defoliating but worth noting...

Yeah, man.. Lookin awesome!

Thanks again guys! I was thinking about what will be the genotype of the seeds....like, it will be Afghan Kush or maybe Maroc x Afghan Kush ?
Also I got some questions about harvest time...I'm planning to let them dry in this grow tent for 7 to 10 days ( until the stems snap ), but can I use fans to prevent mold and a too moist environment while they're drying? I'm really afraid of getting mold, do you have any tips?
Then I'm gonna jar them for 2-3 weeks. Is it good to open jars once a day? If yes, how much time they have to stay opened?
:Namaste:

I wash my buds. I then give em a good (careful) shake to get excess water off, then hang with a fan directly on them for about 4-6 hours, or until all obvious water is gone, turning them 180 degrees every 15-20 mins or whenever I remember... Then I take the fan off them, but leave it on in the room on low for circulation. I have a whole bathroom to do this in, so I am lucky.. You want good ventilation, but prolonged direct air will dry them out faster, so best to avoid that.
Open your jars at least once a day, for a few minutes; give em a gentle shake, lid back on, done. Do that for a month. You just wanna allow excess moisture to escape, and replace the air in the jar. Some do this for 10 minutes twice, 3 times a day for a week to 4 weeks..
That's it. Buds may be ready for the jar in as little as 3 days, if it's warm and dry... Judge by the stems. I like it just before the full on 'snap'.. I like the stems crunchy, but still with a bit of flex.. The outside of the buds should feel kinda crunchy without being crumbly, if you know what I mean, and the middle of the bud should feel firm but slightly spongey overall.
That's my 2c..

Hi Dan,

I couldn't make out and male flowers in the pic. If you think it's balls Just pinch it out of there. Usually male flowers will grow at the bottom of the plant in shaded areas. On top buds like that you're more likely to get female pollen sacks. Again, You can just pinch them off.

For drying I try to do like Sant does and I've found an 8-10 day cure to be ideal at around 68 degrees. I don't place the fan directly on them for the reason already stated. My stems never "snap", That's too dry IMO. For curing I basically open every 24 hours till I'm sure they're dry, then I leave them in the c-vault for a month before smoking. When I get it just right, I only have to open my vaults once or twice ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey guys, I'm alive! I'm sorry to have disappeared all of a sudden, but I got some troubles in the way...
I had to harvest at week 6 and a half,and dismantle all the stuff. Basicly, I'm in a place where people don't mind their own business :rollingeyes:. I've been called by someone, who made me realize that herself knows which are my common "window" lights on and off during night.
I think the correct word for this subject is "peeping tom", am I right?
So, I took a few days to think what to do and get to a choice: Be calm,act like nothing happened and go forward, hoping that no others surprises will pop out during the road.....or.....prepare to face the worst scenario, even if it will destroy all the efforts?

I thought "Better be safe than sorry" and switched off all the things.

But I said "f*ck it!" and gave a proper drying/curing to what I had in my hands at week 6, at least...
I'm gonna post some pics as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom