Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

re: Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

I think I will go with the first one,just because it cost less than the other....but thanks for these suggestions Major.
Another thing I'm not sure is, how to change active carbons of the filter when they will run out their smell properties? I know that they last around 2 years,and I know where to find them ( I used them with RooR:laughtwo: ). There are rivets to remove first? If yes how I remove them? I have to use a rivets "machine" or there are other easy methods? And when I have re-filled the can with new carbons,how I seal it again?
Sorry for many questions,but I want to make sure I will be prepared!:Namaste:
I never used one, but rivets are simple. All you have to do is drill them out and then get rivets (crazy cheap, and some type of rivet gun. I can imagine carbon being very expensive. Also, most people know nothing about LED's, and worse, standards are not out and even more worse, they are often over spec'd. Like a good 50w led (wattage are not all the same, 50 TRUE watts of led is like 200 watts or so of cfl)
Before you say anything yes or no or whatever, take a look at these 2 links and you mill gain a LOT more knowledge usually 1 watt of led = 2 wats of hid, can cost under $15 for a decent size grow in electricity, be cooler, and yeah no heat issues... but be VERY careful where you get them. Go get cheap crap 54w or whatever output IF the leds are good quality and you know how to get and install a better driver tk allow all the leds to be brighter and output the right amount of wattage, but read how hid wattage doesn't matter as much as this.... (problem is where to fine these specs)

This is why people get such varying results, this may be somewhat confusing but worth the read PAR, PPF, PPFD, and DLI uncovered The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

With your heat problems, I don't think you mentioned what the CFM rating on your exhaust fan was. I'm guessing you're growing in a 4x4 tent?

I'm growing in a 5x5 tent with 460 m3/h (270 CFM I think) exhaust fan. I was worried about heat during summer (from late June to September), but I already thought how to deal with it (as best as I can). However, thanks for your interest 415!

Been busy guys,also my pc is dying, but I'll post a pic in a few days!

Looking forward to that update mate...

Looking forward to that update mate...

So here is your update Grizz:laughtwo: ! As you can see they keep growing, I stopped vegging after 5 weeks (3 weeks with 260w CFL + 2 weeks 750w HPS......my plan was 6 weeks) in order to gain that week on harvest time.
Second topping has been done 11 days ago, also today I gave them only water without any nutrients,and I'll start to use flowering ones from next watering on (BioBloom + TopMax). Smell starts to be very pungent and bud sites are producing their first pistils. Hope you enjoy!
DAY 7 - FLOWERING
2016-05-19.jpg

Today is Day 10 of flowering,and looking at them I was wondering if another 2 pot like this will fit (for next grow to have a total of 6 plants) ,they will be a little crowded and space for maintenance would be less, but I think it's possible to do it, what do you guys think?

Now, I'm looking at the height of my plants,because they are exploding with this flowering stretch and I'm considering to LST all again....I think they will continue to stretch for around another week...
Also this leads me to think about how other guys manage to veg their plants for 8 weeks,with a 5x5x6.5 tent like mine? I mean, I vegged for 5 weeks and only last 2 weeks of veg with 750w...and now my plants (with pots) are already 3+ feet, so if I vegged with 750w for 8 weeks and still have 8-9 weeks of flower, it seems impossible to me to maintain a good canopy level even with all the LST in this world....
The only thing I can think that makes this possible is doing a SCRoG.
What do you guys think?

I have a vertically challenged setup; my grow is in an area that is only 5' high, but I didn't see good reasons for not scrog'ing at the start, but I have discovered some of the downsides...

It makes watering a pain
It makes your plants harder to move around
It require more attention to tuck your plants into the screen then just leaving them
Getting to the undergrowth is harder if your screen is too low

Having said that I really like the screen and until I can develop some better LST techniques I will continue to scrog

I have a vertically challenged setup; my grow is in an area that is only 5' high, but I didn't see good reasons for not scrog'ing at the start, but I have discovered some of the downsides...

It makes watering a pain
It makes your plants harder to move around
It require more attention to tuck your plants into the screen then just leaving them
Getting to the undergrowth is harder if your screen is too low

Having said that I really like the screen and until I can develop some better LST techniques I will continue to scrog

Yeah , I wanted to do Scrog, but I didn't had the right net size and I considered that with a screen on the plants it would have been difficult to do maintenance...but surely, it has a lot of pros!
The most important thing for me is to get a decent yield that will last until next cycle harvest and so on...I did some estimates and I found that I have to reach 7-8 oz dry at least, and I'm confident that with a set up like mine it is a reasonable goal. Anything more would be nice, of course! So if I can reach this goal, I think I will continue this way (doing topping,lst etc),otherwise I will try scrog!;)

I need your help guys. Maroc, nearly pure sativa, started to show this signs on her fan leaves in the last couple of days. These are some pics, but now a good side portion of her is like this!
My three Afghan Kush aren't even near as that!
I flushed the plants 5 days ago (also cause I noticed first spots appearing and I was afraid of a nitrogen toxicity from BioGrow)....light is at a good distance.
I never fed them more than 1/3 strenght of nutrients but once, more then 2 weeks ago with a 1/2 strenght dose, and I returned back to 1/3 strenght from that point on.
So I don't know what to think...maybe this sativa don't like nutrients too much and it is a nutrient burn.
If this is the case,then I don't know what will happen cause some hours ago I gave them first flowering nuts. Always at 1/3 strenght. Temps are good. Today is Day 12 of flowering.
What do you think guys? Please help me.:Namaste:
20160523_210741.jpg

20160523_210949.jpg

Today is Day 10 of flowering,and looking at them I was wondering if another 2 pot like this will fit (for next grow to have a total of 6 plants) ,they will be a little crowded and space for maintenance would be less, but I think it's possible to do it, what do you guys think?

The only thing I can think that makes this possible is doing a SCRoG.
What do you guys think?

Loving the evolving grow room!:thumb:

A couple of years ago someone had a journal with a screen on stilts attached to each pot, might this be possible? (next time)

Well, it's lower layer leaf issue's only at this point. Just feed normal PH'ED nutes at low doses till you know how hot they can get. You veg times are not making much sense in my book. My last pull of 688 grams in a 4x4 tent took 76 days from clone's, start to harvest. 14 to 21 days is more then enough time to prep your plant to flower. From seed will take a bit longer but no longer then 5 weeks. Moreover, yield is based on light wattage not number of plants. 2, 4, 6 will not matter. Only finite amount of energy to drive PAR reactions from any lamp. This is why it's important to keep lights as close as possible without causing heat stress.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I need your help guys. Maroc, nearly pure sativa, started to show this signs on her fan leaves in the last couple of days. These are some pics, but now a good side portion of her is like this!
My three Afghan Kush aren't even near as that!
I flushed the plants 5 days ago (also cause I noticed first spots appearing and I was afraid of a nitrogen toxicity from BioGrow)....light is at a good distance.
I never fed them more than 1/3 strenght of nutrients but once, more then 2 weeks ago with a 1/2 strenght dose, and I returned back to 1/3 strenght from that point on.
So I don't know what to think...maybe this sativa don't like nutrients too much and it is a nutrient burn.
If this is the case,then I don't know what will happen cause some hours ago I gave them first flowering nuts. Always at 1/3 strenght. Temps are good. Today is Day 12 of flowering.
What do you think guys? Please help me.:Namaste:
20160523_210741.jpg

20160523_210949.jpg

Have you checked out the 'problem' page?

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Could be a deficiency due to lock out?

:goodluck:

Well, it's lower layer leaf issue's only at this point. Just feed normal PH'ED nutes at low doses till you know how hot they can get. You veg times are not making much sense in my book. My last pull of 688 grams in a 4x4 tent took 76 days from clone's, start to harvest. 14 to 21 days is more then enough time to prep your plant to flower. From seed will take a bit longer but no longer then 5 weeks. Moreover, yield is based on light wattage not number of plants. 2, 4, 6 will not matter. Only finite amount of energy to drive PAR reactions from any lamp. This is why it's important to keep lights as close as possible without causing heat stress.

Cheers
So you're saying that I don't have to worry too much (for leaves issue) ?
About veg times, I read a guide on this forum once and it was like "How to grow a 1 pound monster":laughtwo: ...don't remember the name of the guy, but he was recommending a 6 to 8 weeks veg time... Now that I saw what 750 / 1000 w can do in only 2 weeks, speaking about the growth rate, it seemed impossible to me to limit a plant in a 5x5 with so much veg. If I can veg between 4 to 5 weeks from seed, great to hear that!:laughtwo: I think when I will see how much yield this grow can get me with a setup like this, I will start to understand better how much veg time I need to do on my next grows...
Thanks for the answers

Could be a deficiency dueto lock out?

:goodluck:
Hey ajagunle! Thanks for entering my journal! I don't know what to think... You guys tell me!:rofl:

Normal tents can pull every 74 to 80 days from clone's. 4 pulls a year. How much depends on your light. Yes, I've seen a 8 month grow to get a pound or more. I'll get ~700 to ~800 grams every 78 days. Who wins in a year? I'd watch your leafs still. If you do not know what happened that's bad. PH lockout would hit old and new leafs. New leafs bad old leafs good Mobil def, new good, old bad immobile def. (Micro, Macro). Both have same solution, feed correctly PH'ED good grow nute. Cal Mag is a good plant tonic but will push up PH and could cause lockout if not used correctly. Which is why I'd said what I did on the earlier post. Just go forward correct and all should be well, if not we will cross that bridge when/if needed.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I put a request on my journal for help diagnosing those leaf issues for you, Hidan420. Hopefully someone will pop in who recognizes and understands it. I am no help with diagnosing issues with leaves. It looks like a phosphorous issue to me, but I could be waaay off. LOL

The link to problem plants can be very helpful in the meantime. I believe AJ posted that?

Also, millertm touched on this and it may have been covered already, but do you have a good PH tester to test the run off on the water?
These are an absolute must when you start having plant issues.
I'll read back through, in case I missed that.

I'm sitting here with nothing to do for a while, so reading grow journals is always a good thing. LOL

:thumb:

Are you able to check PH? (haven't read whole thread sorry) There's a nute lock out IMO. Pure sativa won't require much. Not even too much water. Probably a little root damage too. Can you up pot? It's still early.

and howdy btw lol. I followed Cannafan's link here.

:Namaste:

Hey Canna! Thanks for helping and stopping in my journal! Can you give me full link where you post it cause I didn't find it ahah!
Also welcome to you Gypsy!
I tested some time ago and it was around 7.0 . I let it decant for 12 hours to evaporate some chlorine.
I don't know if it is a bit of root damage when I tried metal wire (set in soil) for LST before doing holes and using strings.
It's suspicious cause the other 3 (indicas) are good and I can only think of a nut burn. I think I will try to give them only water for the next 1-2 feeding to see if it gets better or not...
What do you mean by up pot? Like lifting them? (sorry I don't speak english so good ahah)
Thanks again for stopping by guys! Appreciate it!:Namaste:

Hey Canna! Thanks for helping and stopping in my journal! Can you give me full link where you post it cause I didn't find it ahah!
Also welcome to you Gypsy!
I tested some time ago and it was around 7.0 . I let it decant for 12 hours to evaporate some chlorine.
I don't know if it is a bit of root damage when I tried metal wire (set in soil) for LST before doing holes and using strings.
It's suspicious cause the other 3 (indicas) are good and I can only think of a nut burn. I think I will try to give them only water for the next 1-2 feeding to see if it gets better or not...
What do you mean by up pot? Like lifting them? (sorry I don't speak english so good ahah)
Thanks again for stopping by guys! Appreciate it!:Namaste:

No problem :) I meant transplant to a larger pot. Although I do recommend lifting them and getting used to the weight for watering purposes. 7.0 ph is pretty high. Indicas can usually handle it, but sativas are less forgiving. 6.0 ph would be better if you can adjust it. You may also want to skip nutrients for the sativas more often. Especially in early flower. They will be able to handle more as they mature. I doubt your LST wire did much, but it might be partially to blame. More likely root damage caused from fertilizer or over watering. Or a combination of those three. It will probably continue for a while even if corrected. If you are not having pest problems I would let those leaves fall off naturally more or less. She will draw from them while things correct in the soil and root zone.

Back
Top Bottom