Cheapest Lights?

Re: Cheapest Lights??

well you can use JUST cfls if you'd like, but your yeild won't be that much.

or you can use a hid lamp for flowering / vegging, such as an hps for flowering and mh for vegging, which would be ideal, but would cost more.

the cfl's can be used throughout, but the HPS produces an orange-red spectrum of light that plants thrive on in flowering, and the cfl's / mh lamp provide the blue-er spectrum that plants thrive on in the vegging stage.

but.. if you do not require a big yeild.. you can buy a shitload of cfls !

well .. average for a new grower is probably going to be like.. .5 - .75 grams per watt, (hopefully), and for a good grower.. 1 - 1.5 grams per watt of light.

err, i forgot to mention, when i posted i was talking about with an hps for flowering.

i'm not sure with cfls though, although i know it won't be as much.

and stoner4life is right.

well i am a newbie grower first time going to be in soil. what would be the best strain to grow for a newbie. will probaly use fox farms. do u think they have those light at like wal-mart, or lowes, or menards??? how much does a cheap hps light run for.

well i am a newbie grower first time going to be in soil. what would be the best strain to grow for a newbie. will probaly use fox farms. do u think they have those light at like wal-mart, or lowes, or menards??? how much does a cheap hps light run for.

foxfarms is an amazing organic soil, and northern lights is a very good strain to start with.

I just ran out to lowes and picked up a four pack of 2700k cfl's, but they are only like.. 37 watts or something, and it was just 5 bucks, so S4L's idea is much better, but i'm only stating this to prove they are cheap.

and as S4L said, you want to get a conversion bulb so later on if you want you can run an MH for vegging instead of all these cfl's.

and a ballast can be anywhere from 100$ - 500$, and the bulbs are like.. 80 $ i think..

(but you might want to listen to someone else who knows more)

Hi-Tech Garden Supply has a 400w HPS for like $150 ish shipped! I find that the price difference between the 150w, 250w, and the 400w HPS are only a few dollors apart. The one at HTG is a great deal and very cheap if thats what your looking for. I sent you a PM with the link.

Back
Top Bottom