Check-up on week 3: first grow ever, outdoor autoflowering Royal Haze

oudenos76

420 Member
Hi All,

I've been reading the forum since several weeks, going through all the valuable infos needed to start my frist grow and trying to absorb the most useful ones.

Here I am now, after exactly 21days from the sprout of the first two seeds I've planted, looking for a check-up/advice from who have more experience than me - that means basically anyone on this forum :)

Some basic facts about the situation:

- 2 plants ("A" and "B", very creative names).
- Both germinated directly into the soil, sprouted after approx 8 days after putting the seed in the ground
- The soil is one of the "universal soil for all plants-it-will-make-growing-anything-even-if-you're-dumb" type, available at the garden store, sold to be fit for anything from tomatoes to orchid, which i don't think is the case, but anyway, that is what i got
- The pots are fabric; "A" is in a 5 liter pot, "B" is in a 20 liter pot.
- they are outdoor on a terrace; i've only took them inside the house once, during heavy rain one night during the first week after sprouting. For the rest, they've always been exposed to enviroment, including light rain, and sustained moderate wind during the last two weeks
- the location is southern Europe
- I think they're a little bit small to be at the 3rd week of life. I think that is because of the low temperatures they went through during the first week and a half during the night - around 10-12C minimum temp.
- So far, i didn't give any nutrients. I oredered online a specific one for the vegetative state, but due to the logistic disruption of the covid, it does not arrived yet (not yet shipped to be precise!). I have in house one that just says "Nitrogen universal boost", without specifying NPK ratios, that i gave to tomatoes with good results, but i'm not confident in giving it to the plants. I think (hope) they can wait a little bit more.

Any feedback or comment will be very welcome!

Thanks

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 150
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 97
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 131
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Nice job @oudenos76 your plants look great! How long till the nutes arrive? I'm no pro but I think you are ok letting them go a while without, but you'll need something before too long...they are getting big! I'd guess starting off with that nitrogen boost would be just fine...maybe start 1/4 strength. CHeers mate, gl with your grow! :yahoo:

Nice job @oudenos76 your plants look great! How long till the nutes arrive? I'm no pro but I think you are ok letting them go a while without, but you'll need something before too long...they are getting big! I'd guess starting off with that nitrogen boost would be just fine...maybe start 1/4 strength. CHeers mate, gl with your grow! :yahoo:

Thanks a lot for your reply, reassuring...

Yesterday I already did exactly what you suggested... I've got the notification that nutes will come end of this week, so i went for that nitrogen boost at 1/3 of strenght while watering both, also because they were starting to show "tiredness" with leaves leaning downward... this evening I'll check the status.

Thanks for your feedback, good to know that you don't see any major issue in them :)

quick update from day 45 from sprouting.

The one in the bigger pot (20L) is remarkably taller and bigger, but it seems behind in terms of flowering. Some flowers appeared, but the small one (5L pot) have already "frozen" in the top (see the closeup).

Both seems more or less healty to me; i'm giving terra bloom nutrients twice per week on recommended dose now, watering when the pot is very light, following the weather - not much more than that.

Three pics attached:
- one from the big
- one from the small
- the top flower of the small, closeup

Any advice or comment welcome!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_194840__01.jpg
    IMG_20200526_194840__01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200526_195214.jpg
    IMG_20200526_195214.jpg