Checkout My Plant Not Sure What Is Happening! (pics)

nOOb iHACK

My buddy gave me this Healthy Bubba Kush Clone. I took pictures when I first got it and everyday after. It's been three days and it seems like it may being going into shock. What could it be? I had the Metal Halide about 5" from the top for day 1 and half of 2. I raised it 5" making it 10" off the top. Do you think it may be my lighting?

I'm using Fox Farm's Grow Big and Big Bloom as directed. I don't have a hosing system so I poor the top and around the stem area for about 2 minutes 4 times a day. It poors right out the bottom into the reservoir. I have a fan so the media seems to dry up quick. Do you think I may be under/over feeding?

I have a CO2 tank with CO2 being released during feedings. I also use club soda (Canada Dry) in a spray bottle. I spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves. Will this help?

These are the photos.

Day #1
BubbaKush-Day3001.jpg

Day #2
BubbaKush-Day3002.jpg

Day#3
BubbaKush-Day3003.jpg

BubbaKush-Day3004.jpg

Re: Checkout My Plant Not Sure What Is Happening!!! (pics)

Hey, whats up. Okay, the biggest problem is you are using the incorrect stuff. Bubba Kush is an awesome strain, so good luck.

Club soda on your leaves? No good. Club soda is technically carbonated water which is carbonic acid which means the pH is relatively low,and your plants will not like this. INSTEAD. Why not go out and buy some liquid seaweed or some fert booster (B-52 or other) and they work awesome as foliar spray, not to mention do wonders for your plants in the root zone.

#1 As for your nutes. Stick with the grow. Bloom is only necessary in the initial phase when you want more phosphorous and low nitrogen to enhance rooting, but it seems like at this stage you need more grow. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but just try to stick with what foxfarm says. I'm not too sure though. If they ask for some bloom, just add according to manufacturer instructions. If you plan to continue running hydro, get a pH pen and TDS meter. You can get em off ebay for like 50 total for both. pH should be about 5.6 and TDS run with the sched. I usually start from about 300-400 and go from there. Either way, what's important is the RATIO of nutes you put in. The strength you can vary.

See how your leaves droop? That might be due to overwatering. 2 minutes 4 times a day is a little too much. So basically you run a drain to waste system using inert media. To be honest, in my experience, its not how long you water your plants, but more the frequency. Try watering maybe 2-3 times a day.
The media SHOULD dry up quick. That's how hydro works. Usualy you get a pump with a drip system to water your plants automatically, but seems like you do the job manually.

Your metal halide is wayyyyyy high in lighting spectrum. That's great, it looks cool, but recent research says that HPS all the way from veg to flowr is the way to go. as much as MH has more blue spectrum, the fact is that HPS releases MUCH more lumens per watt and most of that light is usable. Instead, ED ROSENTHAL (good source) said that use HPS throughout and use MH last 2 weeks of veg for more UVB for potency and ripening. So if u could, get a HPS if its not too conspicuous either.
Also 5" from your plants is WAY too close? Didn't overheat? keep ur plants under 80 degrees to avoid root rot. young clones need less light. they could use about 1 feet and gradually go more.

There doesn't seem to be too much wrong with your plant. Just make sure u check ur pH and ppm and also check ur initial ppm for tap water. VERY IMPORTANT FOR HYDRO. if its about 200 u better start buying ur water or go soil. hydro isn't very forgiving for shitty starting water.

I gotta be honest, but with the way you are running your shit, I think a simple soil grow would be easier. Fuckin with nutes and shit when u dont know what ur doing could really cost you a lot, screw your product nd eventually waste your time. It is fun. Hydro is so much more work but so much more fun. Good luck! NO MORE CLUB SODA!

Oh and be careful with CO2. Unless you know how to use it, it could be bad. Reason being is because cannabis plants need a lot of oxygen in their roots. They "drown" easily. If you overload ur room with CO2, no matter how aerated ur roots are, you just wont get the proper amount of DO (dissolved oxygen) to your roots. that could also make ur plants droop.

OH and i just checked. club soda could have salts in it, including NaCl (which will easier cause a sodium/chlorine overdose) and potassium bicarbonate and other shit. STOP USING THIS. ur better off spraying a very weak (1/4 strength or so) of your foxfarm grow.

caligrown, thank you for replying with such useful information. I couldn't wait to get home and reply. Unfortunately, the plant didn't make it. She was completely drooping this morning. This was my first grow and I thought I was ready especially because I have a reef aquarium I kept strong for 2 years. Boy, was I wrong! This is like taking care of a new born... LOL!

I was reading about metal halides being used for the vegetative cycle and HPS for flowering. I also have a 400w HPS Sun System which I want to use for flowering. I'll consider using only one station for both stages with the HPS but I would like more insight on using a MH for veg. Any comments regarding this are welcome=]

I will take your advice into consideration. I'll definitely start a journal for my next grow. I'm glad I joined 420Magazine.com. I can't get feedback like caligrown's anywhere. Karma coming your way, Bro:goodjob::roorrip:

one thing I can add...there most likely wasn't enough of a root system for the co2 set up. co2 willl make the plant work harder (grow faster) and if the root system can't provide the solution uptake required to provide the enrgy needed, the plant will slowly dry up, wilt and die.

Back
Top Bottom