Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

Hey 420,
it’s time for a new journal! It’s been a dream of mine to do some seed making and I’m finally set up to do it. Today I finished putting together a little pollination closet, and all my clones are large enough to get this thing underway. So here we go!

The Donor
For the project, I’ll be reversing my Star Pupil. For those of you who have seen my perpetual journal, you know how special this cultivar is. She finishes with solid purple/pink buds that are denser than anything I’ve ever seen, homegrown or otherwise. Her smell is floral and earthy with hints of lemon. Here’s my last harvest off of her.

The Moms
i have four clones that I will be using to create feminized crosses. The clones are as follows;

Northern Lights - this NL is a very special, atypical NL. She’s a cross made from 2 inbred NL lines. Her parents are Sensi Seeds’ Northern Lights and Nirvana Northern Lights. She grows fast and yields heavy.

Sour Bubba - this is @katsubluebird ’s cross. It is East Coast Sour Diesel x Pre-98 Bubba Kush. I haven’t flowered or sampled this girl’s produce, but her parentage really leaves nothing to be desired. the mom this clone came off of is currently at day 16 in flower. Link to that journal in my sig
Grandpa Glue - This is an s1 of @Grandpa Tokin ’s Gorilla Glue #4. I have yet to flower her out, but if she turns out anything like her mom, she’ll be a frost factory.
Cookies n Chem - this is Exotic Genetix’s cookies n cream bred with a selected Stardawg stud. I’ve hunted up a Stardawg heavy pheno as my keeper. She’s outrageously frosty and smells of pepper and lemon. Her high is powerful, sometimes frightening.

Here’s the group. I topped the NL and the SB again, just to keep them small enough to be grown in the closet. The Grandpa Glue was potted recently, but she’s got good above ground growth going on.

Here they are today after a drink and in their new closet. Sorry for the blurple.

Monday I will flip the Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, and Grandpa Glue. I will move the Star Pupil and Northern Lights back to the veg tent for the first week. Monday I will also begin treating the Star Pupil with the Colloidal Silver.

any and all are welcome to join me on my first attempt at making seeds. This is gonna be a load of fun!
:bongrip: :bongrip: :bongrip:

i was hoping you’d check this out! I’m really excited about making these crosses. I don’t even know which one I’d want to grow first. They all sound like home runs!

First page Wo Who. I am interested in make seeds sometime in the future so I am along for the ride. Sitting up front with all the smart kids,. I will get sent to the back though I was never a smart kid

Well, not first here but definitely gonna grab a chair before they are all taken. Looking forward to the show mate :thumb:

welcome Celt! Should be a good one! All taken!? Come now, plenty of seats for all!

First page Wo Who. I am interested in make seeds sometime in the future so I am along for the ride. Sitting up front with all the smart kids,. I will get sent to the back though I was never a smart kid

Welcome PC. Well you can come along for my first attempt. we’ll both be learnin a little somethin’! Hopefully it’s not what not to do. There is no back of my class room! Its just one big chiefing circle!
:passitleft::passitleft:

I’m definitely watching this! :headbanger:
Thank you for coming, and being first in, Grandpa T! The SPxGG is one I’ll be itching to pop if I succeed! Those will also be the fewest in number because my GG clone is just barely growing in the soil now.
I will follow along. Where did you get the S1 seed of the Grandpa Glue? Glue is something I have wanted to run but have not had a chance to yet. I ran Annunakis Show and Tell which is GG4xHuck Soda and enjoyed it.
Welcome Yeti! I got the s1 from a member here at 420. Never heard of Huck Soda. How was the cross? The Grandpa Glue is special, you only need to look as far as nug of the year 2019!

Subbed up. Looking forward to your grandpa glue. Anunaki is definitely an underrated breeder, Huckleberry soda is a good one.
Welcome rich! I’m also looking forward to that cross! Hopefully that little tiny cutting gives me some decent viable seeds.

You know I don't hit the threads regularly but will try to pop in and see how things are going. I'm sure you did but need to ask if you have other cuttings/clones of those strains especially the Sour Bubba in case that plant/mom is a winner. Good luck with your seed making project. It is incredibly rewarding and just downright exciting to harvest your first homemade seeds. I remember when I reversed my Sensi Norther Lights plant. I made a ton of seeds from that plant and only pollinated a small portion of it. It is a strain I have always loved. Not flashy or fancy like some of the more "modern" strains but the Sensi and for that matter the Nirvana versions are extremely stable. I would almost be tempted to treat the Northern Light plant and use her pollen for your seeds. Maybe not this run but worth trying in the future.

You know I don't hit the threads regularly but will try to pop in and see how things are going. I'm sure you did but need to ask if you have other cuttings/clones of those strains especially the Sour Bubba in case that plant/mom is a winner. Good luck with your seed making project. It is incredibly rewarding and just downright exciting to harvest your first homemade seeds. I remember when I reversed my Sensi Norther Lights plant. I made a ton of seeds from that plant and only pollinated a small portion of it. It is a strain I have always loved. Not flashy or fancy like some of the more "modern" strains but the Sensi and for that matter the Nirvana versions are extremely stable. I would almost be tempted to treat the Northern Light plant and use her pollen for your seeds. Maybe not this run but worth trying in the future.
I do have clones of everything. I’ve already got a solo cup mom of the Sour Bubba made up in the case that she’s as good as we’re all hoping.

I’m still waiting for my NL to be all the way down at 62% to really get into her. I’m excited about that cross because of the general brilliance of the NL. She really stands out among everything in the tent just by how she grows.

as far as future breeding...Id like to grow out 10-15 cookies n chems for a nice male to pollinate a couple of my moms. I would like to eventually start a backcrossing project as my breeding work. The coolest thing ever would be to select a male made of the genetics from one of my favorite cultivars. Thats a project that would take me years.

Love the look of that Star Pupil Chef, looked into buying some until I saw the price, I got enough seed, no need to be spending nearly $130 for 6 seed lol
Thanks Celt! That was my second seed purchase. I just had to get some, Ive never seen buds that purple in my life. I’m glad I did. I knew that good genetics were going to cost me, so I just leaned into it.

Lettuce begin!

my plan is to treat the plant at lights on and at lights off. today was the first day of treatment for the clone that will be the pollen donor. The colloidal silver I purchased is a 200ppm solution. I know that Beez has good success with his 50ppm solution, so I decided to dilute mine. I’m going to be experimenting with a 100ppm solution. I added 20ml of distilled water to 20ml of 200ppm colloidal silver.

today at noon I did my first application of CS. I’ve selected and marked 4 branches for reversing. The rest of the plant will bud as normal for S1 seeds. Here’s the dad:

and so it begins!
:bongrip: :bongrip: :bongrip:

I just snapped a photo of my IHG Garlic Sherbert plant which has been in the flowering tent now for 20 days. Her little button buds are starting to grow and looking I am hopeful that she will fill in and produce a few nice colas. I flipped this girl a little earlier then I would have liked. But I am trying to get back to some semblance of order after the Hemp Russet Mites invaded my garden and I ended up burning most of my plants. This Garlic Sherbert was the third plant in line to be flipped. Unfortunately I lost the two that were to have gone before her. So I up-potted her about 3 weeks earlier then I normally would have and flipped her early. I hate paying to light up the floor of my tent with nothing green shading it. My next two plants with both be progressively larger when they are flowered.

Yeah that was a real shame about the mite infestation you had to deal with.. I’m glad you’re getting back to business as usual slowly but surely. Your Garlic Sherbert is looking really nice! Seems like a lot of the strains you run have that long internode look to them.

As far as the reversal project goes, I’ve been keeping up on applications 3 times per day. The girls that are in the pollination station are starting to give some stretch, the dad should be set to join sometime next week. I’d like to see some good pistils happening before I flip the reversed plant.

Back
Top Bottom