Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

Oh yeah thanks, those thrips are persistent. The other tents got a bleach clean and just waiting for the big tent to finish and they will get a deep clean.

The garlic Sherb was squat but super frosty.
20200224_142649.jpg

It's been a killer for sure, keeping us sane during this time of insanity.

Have you reversed before? It's a lot of fun, it's best to do it the other way around though. The plant your reversing will take weeks to reverse so you flip that one first and once you see balls developing then you flower the ones to be seeded otherwise your seeds may not reach full maturity. also check out STS for next time, you'll like it a lot more. Lots of fun making fem seeds, maybe my favorite part of growing.

Nice! That is some crazy frost on that girl.

yes this is my first reversal. Beez instructed me to flip the moms first, unless they’re shorter flowering strains. all of my plants go 9+ weeks in flower... well except for the Grandpa Glue, I’m not sure how long she’s supposed to go. I figure if pollen comes out in week 4 they’ll have 6-8 weeks for the seeds to mature. That should be enough time right? Do you think I should flip the reversed plant now, even though she’s only been treated for 4 days?

As you'll find with many things cannabis growing related there will be many ways to skin the same cat. My recommendation to you was based on the fact that you're growing strictly for seed not weed. So a plant that runs 9 weeks till harvest of buds can run 15 weeks if needed to harvest mature seeds.

To maximize your seed run (make the most seeds) you would want to let the buds grow big with the maximum amount of pistils the plant will produce and at that point pollinate the plant. In my head I do my math like this.

Starting 7 days prior to flipping the dad I start treating it with the CS.
The same day I start treating the "dad" I flip the moms.

As I've told you my average amount of time having to apply the CS is about 3 weeks till I start to see boy parts. So around the end of the first week of treating the "dad" in flower (end of 2nd week altogether) the moms should be starting to flower as they were flipped 2 weeks ago.

Anticipate seeing boy parts around the end of the next week and seeing pollen sacks ready to reward you will pollen about 7-10 days later. If the buds on the females are not at their largest size with their max number of pistils be patient. You have as long as you need to let the seeds mature. Again, you said you wanted max seed production. When I first started making seeds as soon as I saw pistils I was gung-ho and sprinkling pollen on them.

You can try it this way this time and you can always try it a different way another time.

Now, when I'm doing a seed run and not looking to make but a couple hundred seeds per plant I do as @Rich Farmer mentioned above and I will flip the girls about 10 days after I flip the "dad" which would be on day 17 of treatment with the colloidal silver. This way I nearly always have to harvest and store pollen and wait for the girls to get ready to be pollinated. In this scenario I also wait until the buds are full sized with the max amount of pistils on them and then I pollinate all the buds on one full branch and if it's a small branch I might dust the lower half of an adjoining branch. That will give me a big bunch of seeds. Plenty for my personal collection and plenty left over for sharing with friends and trading. In this scenario I usually end up harvesting the non-seed branches as the buds are mature and then come back a couple weeks later and check on the seeds which are still maturing on the plant. You'll figure it out and have fun doing it.

Thank you @beez0404 for clearing the situation up for me.

I’m not sure if I had mentioned this in my opening post, but these plants are strictly seed production. Whatever material is produced will go into edibles, but that is not at all the focus. That’s why i want some decent bud growth before pollen is introduced. And I don’t care if they go a month passed their due date, so long as the seeds come out viable.

I really hope this CS does the trick and I get plenty of pollen.

Thanks Rich. It’s going well so far. I hope that everything runs smoothly and I produce a nice big batch of each cross.

When the lights come on tomorrow the moms will get a drink; 5g/gal of MC. I’ll probably top off all of their pots with fresh soil as well. It’s been 5 days of treatments for the Star Pupil clone, she’s almost ready to join the others in the pollen room. She’ll have 7 full days of veg with CS treatment then I’ll flip her day 8. Friday to Saturday will be her first 12 hr dark period. Then the fun begins as we wait for pollen sacs.

A quick update on the Candida CD-1 plant I have been treating with the colloidal silver. I was looking yesterday and I believe I see just the start of some pollen sacks forming. Now being honest it could be wishful thinking as much as anything. After 26 straight days of 2 a day applications I have to admit I get really bored with it and it's a tedious task every day. And I always say this will be the last plant I reverse for seeds for a good while and a month later find myself reversing another one. I may be addicted to making seeds.

Nice! I hope you’re right and the pollen sacks are coming out. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Candida. I’m sure it is tedious considering how many seeds you’ve made! For me it’s intriguing cause I’ve never done it before. I’m sure that if I were still working, getting the applications in every day would be a real pain in the ass. Fortunately, I’m at home sitting on my butt everyday so it’s kind of perfect. You just can’t help it! When you get something nice that you don’t have in seed form... you know you have the knowledge and materials to acquire that seed. You’re trapped applying your skills to everything you see, as boring as it is.

That is exactly what drives me. My goal is to never buy seeds again. I have two GSC Thin Mint seedlings I just started from seeds gifted to me by a childhood friend about 7 years ago. I scarified the heck out of them and planted them in hempy solo cups and up they came. I was originally given 7 of those seeds and grew one a couple years ago and the buds were extremely potent to the point of being too potent for me. Well I'm down to just 3 of those seeds left so I decided to attempt to make some more for my collection. I also have that SP seedling which is struggling a bit still but I'm still going to keep nursing her along. So if all goes well I'll most likely be brushing on CS here in another couple months and whining about how tedious it is again. :laugh:

Well you don’t have to worry about brushing any on the SP, I’m doing that for you now. Too potent for me sounds right up my alley. Is your star pupil any bigger today? Is she at least still green?

@beez0404 yeah the SP looks good! She’ll grow out of this slow growing stuff. I should warn you now that the SP is going to want less water than most of your other plants. She’s simply not as thirsty/more moisture efficient. The breeder’s page even makes it a point to mention that SP drinks less than usual.

here’s my hempy solo cup I tried to germ a CG in. She popped with a helmet on and I mangled one of her cotyledons as I removed her membrane. It’s fine though, she was just a tester seed. If I did want to grow her out she’d survive. Maybe I will just for the hell of it.

Nah, pop another CG seed and put it a little deeper and be sure to put the umbilical end facing up when you plant the seed. Then grow it out for the hell of it. Maybe go straight to flower in a 1 gallon pot. Have some fun, experiment a little.

Nah, pop another CG seed and put it a little deeper and be sure to put the umbilical end facing up when you plant the seed. Then grow it out for the hell of it. Maybe go straight to flower in a 1 gallon pot. Have some fun, experiment a little.
I put it in the perlite pretty deep. I think the problem is that there’s a lot of large pieces on top and they don’t provide much in the way of resistance cause there’s plenty of space around em. I gotta scrape that layer off and plant the seed like 1/2” in the finer stuff. I like the technique though. It’s sort of like soil meets paper towel. I probably will test another CG. I just wanna be sure I have it down before I put the IIP in there.

Hey everyone,

today is day 1 of daddy pupil in the pollination station. There’s not too much to show really, except that the 3 big moms are giving some decent stretch. The GG mom isn’t much taller, but she’s got about 8 nodes now. I thinks partially because I had her up on a box instead of down on the floor. She went for nodes instead of internode length. I brought her down a bit, we’ll see if she gives more stretch in the coming weeks. I snapped a picture at lights on when I was treating the SP.

Sour Bubbabackleft Cookies n Chembackright Northern Lightsfrontleft Grandpa Gluefrontleft Star pupilmiddle

So far so good.. like I said, not much to show yet. Hopefully there will be some good pollen sac shots in my future.

Back
Top Bottom