Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

@beez0404, I use Azos from Xtreme when transplanting, and like you tried it for rooting and found it to be no better or worse than anything else. The best luck I have seen is with a rooting compound like Roots Gel or willow water.

I just recently watched a video of Dr Bruce Bugbee, professor at Utah State University and founder of Apogee Instruments. It was a lecture on lighting and cannabis (USU has license to study cannabis) and one of the things they found was that cuttings actually root better under higher light intensity contrary to what “common” knowledge has been for decades.

Something I will be trying next time I take cuttings.

he’s got some good videos, I’ve checked them out before. You know it’s interesting you say that... I feel like ever since I moved my cloning box out of the tent and into the bathroom my success rate has gone way down. Maybe I need to figure out getting the clone box back into the veg tent.:oops:

@beez0404, I use Azos from Xtreme when transplanting, and like you tried it for rooting and found it to be no better or worse than anything else. The best luck I have seen is with a rooting compound like Roots Gel or willow water.

I just recently watched a video of Dr Bruce Bugbee, professor at Utah State University and founder of Apogee Instruments. It was a lecture on lighting and cannabis (USU has license to study cannabis) and one of the things they found was that cuttings actually root better under higher light intensity contrary to what “common” knowledge has been for decades.

Something I will be trying next time I take cuttings.
Do you know the frequency spectrum? I use a misting cloner that basically sprays the clone until it roots. I have found some difference in LEDs compared to fluorescent lighting, but I haven’t put much energy into really doing any scientific experiments. I played with the nutrient side, but not the lighting much. I went back to small (2 ft fluorescent t-5/8) because they’re cheap and continues to work...for my cloner anyway.

Until I start another thread at some point I am homeless with nowhere to post my goings on. Thankfully ChefGreen has graciously offered to let me post here. I currently am grooming four strains for a future grow. They are Jellium and Garlic Sherbert from IHG, Thin Mints from an unknown but trusted breeder, and Star Pupil from Mass Medical. The Jellium is being grown from one of my S1 seeds and so far is showing mutant tendencies. If you look closely you can see that her second node is comprised of three sets of 3 fingered leaves. She is pictured front left in the photo. Behind her on the left is a Garlic Sherbert clone from a mom I currently have flowering and she's a gorgeous plant. The two plants to the right (2nd row from the left) are the Thin Mint seedlings. The one in the back is a little more vigorous so far and noticeably bigger. I just up-potted both of the Thin Mint plants this morning. Both are in some of my once used organic soil. The difference being that mixed in with the used soil for the small plant in front I added about 1/2 cup of Vulx and mixed it in thoroughly. I watered both with the same exact amount of water. I'm wanting to see if the Vulx can jumpstart the smaller, slower growing Thin Mint. All the way to the right is the Star Pupil seedling. She has had a rough start but is very slowly starting to grow. She came from my last seed so I'm not going to give up on her just yet. She still has not pushed any roots out to the side of the clear solo cup so she stays in her solo cup home till she has enough roots to hold together her medium. As per ChefGreen I have not watered her in nearly 2 weeks and as her cup gets light I am expecting to see her start to take off. I won't water her again till she wilts from lack of water. Here is a photo I took a bit ago.

Nice lookin babies there Beez. Should be interesting to see if the Vulx can catch the smaller girl up to the bigger one. If that Jellium continues to be whorled you gotta keep her around. She could be your Jellium cultivar that produces better than any other.... assuming her quality is on par, don’t know why it wouldn’t be. Yeah the Star Pupil is looking noticeably better now that she’s got some dry spots in her soil. I bet once she wilts and you water her, she’ll take right off.

Back again with new photos of the youngsters. It might be coincidence but the smaller Thin Mint plant appears to be catching up to the larger one in size. The Star Pupil on the right is making strides. Still no roots visible in the clear solo cup but she must be getting close. The Garlic Sherbert (back left) and the Jellium triploid (front left) both continue to grow at a comfortable rate.

Here is a photo of the Colorado Cookies auto I've got growing. She sprouted on 3/5 making her 31 days post sprout today. Never grown this particular strain before so not sure how long she'll veg before starting to flower. I generally use 30-40 days as an average for autos. She started out with tight node spacing but in the last 5-7 days has started to get taller with wider node spacing which I like. She'll have a good number of side branches. This one I am letting grow naturally and if she goes 40 days before starting to flower I'll top the next one.

Yeah that garlic sherb is looking much bigger than a couple days ago. The Star Pupil is alive! Thank god that second set of true leaves has gotten big as fast as it has. It should get to growin normally now. The smaller TM has definitely caught the larger one. We’ll see if they stay neck and neck now, or if the smaller one overtakes the larger one cause of the Vulx. Your Colorado cookies looks like it might be in transition now. It’s definitely extending the length of its internodes, I bet you see pistils in less than 7 days.

I pulled all the moms out for some water today. I think they’ve about reached the height they’ll finish at, except for the GG, she may go on stretching. She’s definitely in flower now though, she’s got pistils coming in.

left to right: NL, SB, GG, CnC

They’ll be ready for pollen in another week.

I am going LOS this grow and I am considering getting Vulx and Real growers Recharge. I will be using a slightly modified Super Cool Super Soil and Coots Mix. I am wondering how the Vulx does.

I am going LOS this grow and I am considering getting Vulx and Real growers Recharge. I will be using a slightly modified Super Cool Super Soil and Coots Mix. I am wondering how the Vulx does.
Slightly modified in what way? From what I’ve seen Vulx does incredible things in any method it’s used.

Slightly modified in what way? From what I’ve seen Vulx does incredible things in any method it’s used.
I also added a little of Gro Kashi , Bio-char , Ground Barley , Grow stones and a couple other things but only in very small amounts

Get him to pass you some photos to put up on your journal!
I have offered but he hasn't done it yet. I will go over to his place in a few days and get some shots and post them. I some times get ideas half way through typing. ie. Taking pictures when I am over at his place and posting them
:idea:

Wow that gal looks really special. She looks absolutely beautiful. Hopefully her flowers look as good as her structure and leaves. Is this the first one you’ve seen grown?

Back
Top Bottom