Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

Did you know that some of the microbes eat each other? Did you know that amoebas are particularly aggressive? Did you know that some of our most beneficial microbes and fungi are very tiny and fragile and cannot survive in an aggressive mixed culture? Did you know that compost brings in both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and applying to many of the bad bacteria can "sour" a soil?
Did you know that the average weight of a human brain is 3 pounds? (courtesy of the little kid in Jerry McGuire)

Yeah I was just catching up on your Journal and seen you were talking about Coots mix and Recharge and Vulx and I was thinking the same thing. I will be watching your grow too. This is going to be fun. I am also using my mix of Super cools Super Soil so this coming grow will be a new challenge. I am hoping all I will need is the Recharge and Vulx. I have stuff to top dress with if I need to. I have half of everything I bought to build the Super soil so I have plenty of that stuff and I just ordered the Vulx and Recharge so we will see.

I used some perlite and I bought Rice hauls when I ordered to Coots mix that I added as well. On build a soil I read what they recommended to use for building the soil, Compost, EWC , Mineral mix of the coots mix, Rice Hauls. The soil I used to build it with was a mix of, FF Happy Frog, FF Ocean mix , Coast of Main and some of my buddies Compost he makes up. I gave my buddie my Boogie Brew compost mix and I ordered all the extras that come with it.

My final mix will be; Howe DH-1 (which is just promix), perlite, compost, and EWC. Mix and amend all of that with the clack mix and the ground malted barley. When I go to fill final pots, at that point I will add in the Vulx.

Vulx is recommended to be used start to finish. You know that plant in the small 1/3 gallon pot that I mixed Vulx in. Next up-pot to a 2 gallon pot and that soil also will have the appropriate amount of Vulx in it. Here is what I was told by the Vulx rep on 420 in his own words.

"Mix into all soil in every pot throughout the cycle.

The only exception is if you root them in rockwool cubes, don't use it there (only because there's no way to mix it in).

If you're using a cloning tray with soil: sprinkle a little into each hole and mix in. 5 grams or so, which is probably half a teaspoon or less. If you want to be exact, you can weigh the amount of dirt you'd use in one of the holes and use 5% of that.

Bottom line, whenever your plant is in anything except rockwool, Vulx should be mixed in. "

Vulx is recommended to be used start to finish. You know that plant in the small 1/3 gallon pot that I mixed Vulx in. Next up-pot to a 2 gallon pot and that soil also will have the appropriate amount of Vulx in it. Here is what I was told by the Vulx rep on 420 in his own words.

"Mix into all soil in every pot throughout the cycle.

The only exception is if you root them in rockwool cubes, don't use it there (only because there's no way to mix it in).

If you're using a cloning tray with soil: sprinkle a little into each hole and mix in. 5 grams or so, which is probably half a teaspoon or less. If you want to be exact, you can weigh the amount of dirt you'd use in one of the holes and use 5% of that.

Bottom line, whenever your plant is in anything except rockwool, Vulx should be mixed in. "
Can I mix it with water or Top dress with it, My soil is already mixed

In that case @beez0404 , peat moss weighs 15lb/cuft, and I’ll be using a 15lb bag of EWC, 15lb of compost and the perlite probably only weighs an lb or 2. I’m looking at 47lb for my full batch give or take an lb or two. Or 21,338 grams. 5% of that would be 1,066g. That’s how much Vulx I need to add. I believe the buckets are 750g right? In that cause I’ll probably only Vulx half my mix and keep the other 250g to experiment with later.

No @PCaddict it has to be thoroughly mixed in to your soil for it to work. Can you add it to your soil and re-mix it real good?
Thank You ! I will mix it in before I plant into the 10gallon pots. The 1 gallon pot wont have any because I already have seed sprouts in them. I hope that's OK. I will have to have my buddie help me remix some of my Super Soil. I wonder if it would help in the Coots mix to add it in or would I be better off not using it in that mix

it should work well in the coots mix too
After following your journal where you use Vulx and Recharge, that's why I am going with those. You inspire me @Emilya:high-five:

In that case @beez0404 , peat moss weighs 15lb/cuft, and I’ll be using a 15lb bag of EWC, 15lb of compost and the perlite probably only weighs an lb or 2. I’m looking at 47lb for my full batch give or take an lb or two. Or 21,338 grams. 5% of that would be 1,066g. That’s how much Vulx I need to add. I believe the buckets are 750g right? In that cause I’ll probably only Vulx half my mix and keep the other 250g to experiment with later.
I thought you said you purchased enough Coots mix for 3.5 cubic feet of soil yes? 3.5 cf of soil works out to be 26.25 gallons of soil. So if the above is true you'll want to mix 8.5 gallons of peat moss, 4.5 gallons of compost, 4.5 gallons of EWC, and 8.5 gallons of perlite which will give you 26 gallons of soil into which you'll add your Coots nutrients and minerals.

The Vulx buckets are 750 grams yes.

I never tried to figure it out by weight but rather volume. It will weigh whatever it weighs.

I thought you said you purchased enough Coots mix for 3.5 cubic feet of soil yes? 3.5 cf of soil works out to be 26.25 gallons of soil. So if the above is true you'll want to mix 8.5 gallons of peat moss, 4.5 gallons of compost, 4.5 gallons of EWC, and 8.5 gallons of perlite which will give you 26 gallons of soil into which you'll add your Coots nutrients and minerals.

The Vulx buckets are 750 grams yes.

I never tried to figure it out by weight but rather volume. It will weigh whatever it weighs.
How do I go about measuring the dry gallons? 8.5 dry gallons of peatmoss is how much? A 5 gallon bucket and a half? I’ll have to find a conversion so I can use a 5 gallon bucket as my measuring tool.

I think the Vulx directions are to add 5% Vulx by weight. I remember him saying something like you can go up to 7%, but past that you’ll get diminishing returns. @Vulx can you help me out here?

Alright everyone, now I’m totally confused. The conversion chart I looked up shows that 1 dry gallon = 1.163648 wet gallons. That means a pot that holds 5 gallons of soil is bigger than a 5 gallon bucket?! That makes no freakin sense. Can anyone make sense of this?

Should I use one of my 5 gallon fabric pots as a 5 gallon measuring tool?

Thanks Em. I figure it’s just soil right? If I’m off by a cup or two either way of each thing, shouldn’t matter much. I mean it’s not rocket surgery.

Thank you Mr Vulx.

You know I’ve realized something just now. I just don’t think I can swing the Vulx. I won’t even be able to use it well on 2 5 gallon fabric pots with 1 bucket. 3 buckets would be enough for 5 pots, but that’s $100 worth of Vulx. I’m not sure if I can spend that on one amendment.

Back
Top Bottom