Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

I smoked cigarettes for what seems like all my life so I have very little ability to smell or taste. But I grow searching for what gets me high and agree totally with the terpene entourage effect. I too would love to be able to afford to have my herb tested to see if I could figure out what it is that lights me up beside THC percentage. The one thing I know is that the cannabis we grow beats the pants off of commercial products that I bought for so many years. :bongrip:

that’s interesting, you can’t match smell with effect too wellif you can’t smell. It’s so true, My last harvest was some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked... ever. It was like taking Xanax and then getting clocked in the head on the come down. I take a lot of weed naps. What kind of strains get you the high you’re looking for?

Actually none of the ones I grow make you paranoid except maybe white widow. That o e can hit pretty hard sometimes. Blue Dream what one growing this run.

what are some gas heavy strains? Would train wreck be an example?

man I was gettin paranoid off my own plants before they were cured enough. The high starts out super sharp and scary and dies quick. After a month or two it mellows out to a real spacey high; good sleeping meds.

Yes train wreck would be a great example,
gas heavy strains:
Anything chem
All Sour diesel
Gorilla glue
things that are true cuts of kush. kush has that deep chemical-y back. It’s not exactly gas smelling, but it smells like chemicals.

Oh hey everybody, check this out

I took my first cutting 11/7, today is 11/17.

I burned her up with nutrients, but she survived. Apart from that she’s had nothing but tap water.

Today I came home to this

She’s rooting! :woohoo: :yahoo:

I’m going to clone my gorilla glue mother soon. She has 6 tops. I’m going to wait till they are a bit longer then take 3 nodes off each top for clones. By then my Flowering girls should be done and I’ll just put them in the flower tent.

oh nice! I’ll come check out what you got goin on. I just got some rooting powder and some super thrive kelp extract. I think dusting the stem tips in rooting powder will work very well with my fog setup. The super thrive I’ll use for transplanting into soil... and just plant health in general really.

Speakin of, ill do an update now.

Update November 17, 2019
Things are growing on as usual around here. My star pupil is really exploding with growth now. I gave her like 10 drops/gal of super thrive in tap water and she’s really responded.

next up we have Northern Lights and QPxTDa. They’re looking about the same but just a tad bigger. I gave them water 2am Sunday morning, so if she’s dry enough to water by 2pm Monday afternoon, I’ll up pot her. If not, I’ll water her again in the solo cup.

that’s pretty much it for what’s new. Again, my first cutting put out a root. I’ll be keeping a close eye on how fast that root grows. You guys can all weigh in on how I should let it grow before I transplant it into soil.

I do the same thing. I use thrive alive b1 red for nutes which is sea kelp and I have thrive alive b1 green foliar. I use a cloning gel. I 45 slice the middle then shave off the outside of the stem.
How fast do your clones root?

also nice grow with the white widow, Bruce banner, GG and blue dream!

how big is your flower tent? Looks small like mine!

My tent is a 4x3. And my clones root quite quickly although I haven’t timed it. But about a week. Each of my strains has been very easy to clone. My gg and Bb from the run you were looking at were not that good. I switched to mega crop now and things are much better. All my new stuff is :thumb:

Ah nice! What kind of strains are you growing these days?

This run in the flower tent I have Blue Dream again, white widow, Bruce banner. Clones from the last run. Then in the veg area I have 4 Gorilla Glue all from seed. Then I have a bunch of stuff coming from Seedsman. Skunk 1 regs , amnesia regs , dr Seedsman, critical purple Kush and some free ones. I will do the Dr Seedsman and CPK as soon as they arrive.

What kind of strains get you the high you’re looking for?
Since my first Chemdawg (HSO) I was hooked. Most refer to the Chem 91 strains as gassy but I just don't smell anything out of the ordinary from harvested buds. There is a point about 4 weeks from the end of a grow that I begin burying my nose in the plant and what I want to smell is something like rotting meat or rotting fruit or maybe both but it's one of the worst smells one can imagine. I call it just stink.

In the jar after a cure most of my product is sweet and I've ocassinally come across a little perfumed scent or incense like but that's usually happens during the smoking of the product. I do have some sense of smell and taste but it's severely diminished.

@ChefDGreen you need to grow yourself a Black Cherry Punch, Purple Punch, or It's It Punch plant. The common denominator with these three is the Purple Punch. Of the three I'd have to say my favorite is the Black Cherry Punch while it's growing and after a 5 week cure. On the plant, later in flower the fragrance can only be described as heavenly sweetness. Like a hot cherry pie sitting in the windowsill and you walk by outside about 10 feet away and catch a whiff of it. Guaranteed it has a terpene profile you're going to want to add to your collection.

Since my first Chemdawg (HSO) I was hooked. Most refer to the Chem 91 strains as gassy but I just don't smell anything out of the ordinary from harvested buds. There is a point about 4 weeks from the end of a grow that I begin burying my nose in the plant and what I want to smell is something like rotting meat or rotting fruit or maybe both but it's one of the worst smells one can imagine. I call it just stink.

In the jar after a cure most of my product is sweet and I've ocassinally come across a little perfumed scent or incense like but that's usually happens during the smoking of the product. I do have some sense of smell and taste but it's severely diminished.

In my experience, the true smell of a flowering plant starts out big.. that is, when I enter my house I can smell how the cures nugs will smell.. but when I get closer to the grow room it changes to like a kind of nasty smell, like you said. It’s the truth when you harvest. It all smells similar and as it’s drying the house smells of what the bud will smell like when it’s cured... but the drying room smells like flowers and wet grass. As the plant cures the bubble of terpene smells gets smaller and smaller until the buds themselves smell how they should. That’s what I’ve experienced regarding smell.

so you’re like me, a fan of the aggressive, full 180 tone change high. You like to feel as different as cannabis can make you feel.. subtle buds need not apply.

Do you have a grinder Jim? If you bust up your nugs, do you ever smell them after they’re ground? That’s the moment when your herb is as full of smells as it will be. That’s when I get a true sense of the buds smell.

@ChefDGreen you need to grow yourself a Black Cherry Punch, Purple Punch, or It's It Punch plant. The common denominator with these three is the Purple Punch. Of the three I'd have to say my favorite is the Black Cherry Punch while it's growing and after a 5 week cure. On the plant, later in flower the fragrance can only be described as heavenly sweetness. Like a hot cherry pie sitting in the windowsill and you walk by outside about 10 feet away and catch a whiff of it. Guaranteed it has a terpene profile you're going to want to add to your collection.

I wish I had some of the BCP to grow out! I’ve been thinking about doing one of the punches though for sure, and soon. Have you done both the It’s It Punch and Purple Punch? What’s the It’s It like? I feel like I should start with Purple Punch just cause that’s the granddaddy of punches right?

Do you have a grinder Jim? If you bust up your nugs, do you ever smell them after they’re ground? That’s the moment when your herb is as full of smells as it will be. That’s when I get a true sense of the buds smell.

Yep....I have a grinder and use it often. I'll have as many as 10 four ounce jars of various strains sitting on my table for general consumption. Now if I want to just smell my herb I'll open one of those little jars and stir it with stick.

Well yeah, I've grown all three strains. The It's It Punch is the strain that @SweetSue says gives her sexual tremors when she smokes it. I think I too would start with the Purple Punch. Damn good strain.

Here's where I disagree a bit. I'd rank them It's It Punch, Black Cherry Punch and then Purple Punch.

With that said, Black Cherry Punch would be more likely to be my daily driver as she has a little pep in her step. PP just gets me really high but lasts a good while.

IIP is just damn good herb and I'd love to try just the gelato side of this one. At times she's dreamy and has legs.

@MagicJim do you ever smell the bud directly after grinding it? If you do, do you pick up on the gassy or anything else?

I still think I’m gonna start with the Purple Punch. Nice and high that lasts a good long while, sounds perfect for making gummies for eating at work.

@MagicJim do you ever smell the bud directly after grinding it? If you do, do you pick up on the gassy or anything else?
Yes. It's mostly after grinding that I can get some idea of what it smells like.

I grew and still have a jar somewhere of Amherst Sour Diesel which might be considered gassy but I'd call it fuel.

Here's the basic problem I have with something termed gassy. Most gasses are odorless at room temperature.

Yes. It's mostly after grinding that I can get some idea of what it smells like.

I grew and still have a jar somewhere of Amherst Sour Diesel which might be considered gassy but I'd call it fuel.

Here's the basic problem I have with something termed gassy. Most gasses are odorless at room temperature.

I think when we say gassy we mean gasoline-like... fuel, exactly. Not like natural gasses.

ive been thinking one of the original sour diesels might be my next procurement.

I did some trimming and training of my star pupil just now.

The top growth I’ll let grow out, take cuttings from all of it, then clip it off. The branches I pulled down will be the base when I flower her again.

Back
Top Bottom