Chef's Perpetual Spot Featuring Viparspectra

Thanks @cr8grow ,

I’ve taken on an executive position managing a hotel and it’s many food service outlets, so gardening has had to move from the back burner to off the fire completely. The last couple plants that I flipped were so badly neglected they ended up shucked into the edibles bin so I’ll spare you all the horrific photos.

I have, however, begun studying for a career in agriculture. I’m learning true biological farming and soil analysis via microscopy. Cannabis has led me on a path to wanting to understand just exactly how true organic, no til actually works. Once I’m fully learned and can quantitatively assess soil biology, I’ll be able to help farmers all over the world manage the many problems that come with operating a farm. I’d love to share with you all some of the materials that I’m using in my education, but I’m wary of stepping on any copywrite-toes. I’d never want to infringe on the rights of the scientists who’ve done this incredible work because I have the utmost respect for them. Perhaps someday in the future I’ll be able to use my knowledge inside of my own indoor garden and be able to present it to you all in that format. That’s certainly a goal of mine. Alas, I have a long road yet to get to that place though. I still poke around here every once in a while, I don’t think I’ll ever truly call it quits at 420. Ive actually been curious about a product we all have seen around here, geoflora. I’m wondering what the latest best practices are regarding that product, as well as what exactly the delivery mechanisms are … maybe @InTheShed could help me out?

Congratulations on your current employment and future plans Chef! I have no doubt you will kill it on both fronts. :thumb:

In terms of GeoFlora, the last I've heard is you mix it in two weeks before planting/transplanting with damp soil. Then you follow their feeding chart based on the size of the pot and top-dress every two weeks.

That said, they have told folks that any plant showing deficiencies should be fed more and/or more often.

And the delivery method is dissolving bits!

Interesting, I’m curious about their addition of bacteria then, if the bits dissolve. Highly bacterial systems are no good for cannabis as they tend to gas off massive amounts of carbon. I’ll have to reach out to @GeoFlora Nutrients and start a dialogue.

Thanks @cr8grow ,

I’ve taken on an executive position managing a hotel and it’s many food service outlets, so gardening has had to move from the back burner to off the fire completely. The last couple plants that I flipped were so badly neglected they ended up shucked into the edibles bin so I’ll spare you all the horrific photos.

I have, however, begun studying for a career in agriculture. I’m learning true biological farming and soil analysis via microscopy. Cannabis has led me on a path to wanting to understand just exactly how true organic, no til actually works. Once I’m fully learned and can quantitatively assess soil biology, I’ll be able to help farmers all over the world manage the many problems that come with operating a farm. I’d love to share with you all some of the materials that I’m using in my education, but I’m wary of stepping on any copywrite-toes. I’d never want to infringe on the rights of the scientists who’ve done this incredible work because I have the utmost respect for them. Perhaps someday in the future I’ll be able to use my knowledge inside of my own indoor garden and be able to present it to you all in that format. That’s certainly a goal of mine. Alas, I have a long road yet to get to that place though. I still poke around here every once in a while, I don’t think I’ll ever truly call it quits at 420. Ive actually been curious about a product we all have seen around here, geoflora. I’m wondering what the latest best practices are regarding that product, as well as what exactly the delivery mechanisms are … maybe @InTheShed could help me out?
Hey Chef so nice to hear you're career is moving in a positive direction! On the Geoflora note, I used it this summer outdoors with great luck I'd say. The grow is in here starting in June if you get a moment. Early and often as the plant got huge was my saying and it worked well!

Hey Chef so nice to hear you're career is moving in a positive direction! On the Geoflora note, I used it this summer outdoors with great luck I'd say. The grow is in here starting in June if you get a moment. Early and often as the plant got huge was my saying and it worked well!
Thanks Otter! It’s been a massive undertaking and things are slow moving, but it’s been all positive movement so I’m happy. I just keep telling myself that this is the hardest my job will be and the work we’ve done previously will make the coming days easier. It helps me stay positive. I’ll have to check out that outdoor when I get some time.
Chef, Congrats on your new career and best wishes on your next endeavors. Cheers
Thanks cr8! I’m hoping to finish my studies by next January so I can begin some regenerative work and start building my portfolio of data. I’m extremely excited about starting my own soil regeneration company. Spending my days outdoors and/or in the laboratory sounds like a dream.

Congrats on the new job, Chef! And, your new career sounds intriguing.
Thanks HG! It’s a little known secret, this approach to soil management. It can and will change the world when widespread adoption happens.

Thanks HG! It’s a little known secret, this approach to soil management. It can and will change the world when widespread adoption happens.

I actually read a really good article a couple of years ago about farming using regeneration practices in Eating Well magazine.

Okay so, @GeoFlora Nutrients i have some questions.

1) I see that your nutrients are made with a whole list of the “usual suspects” for soil amendments. Does this mean your top dress is a combination of bacterial and fungal foods meant to be made available by soil biology?

2) is the biological addition to your nutrients sufficient to supply soil with the minimum recommended biomass of 300ug/g of bacteria and fungi?

3) I notice also that your nutrient system supplies no predatory organisms (Protozoa, nematodes, micro arthopods), what is the mode of nutrient cycling that takes place with your nutrient system if no predators are present?

4) your listed organisms are only about 4-5 species of very similar bacteria and 4-5 species of very similar VAM fungi, do you have recommendations for driving biological diversity up?/do you make a product that provides bacterial diversity in the thousands or tens of thousands of species and a product that provides saprophytic fungi?

I’m just trying to understand how to better use your products, thanks!

All good questions Chef, but in case they don't respond to tags quickly (or at all), they are more like to see those if you post them here:

All good questions Chef, but in case they don't respond to tags quickly (or at all), they are more like to see those if you post them here:
Well I’ll copy em over there

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom