Chef's Return - Featuring Autos & ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro

Hey there 420magazine community! It has been quite a while.....

A number of years in fact, but I'm back for another grow journal! This time I'm bringing you all an autoflower run under the brand new XS1500 Pro by Viparspectra. The lights landed this afternoon and I unboxed them as soon as I got home. My first impression is that the build quality is top notch, as always. They feel very sturdy and well made, not at all cheap. I still have yet to hang them, as I just got home from a very long shift. Most likely a sunday project.

As you can see they've got the new lens technology Viparspectra has been developing. We'll see how well it adds to the canopy penetration! Of course as indoor growers, we're always fidgeting with the lights trying to find that perfect intensity for max penetration while also not burning your tops. Hopefully viparspectra has found the sweet spot for us.

On to the matter of this grow. This grow cycle will feature four autoflowers - all breeder packs. The strains are as follows:
The plant that I'm planning to reverse (you didnt think I was growing buds did you?!) will be the Colorado Cookies by Dutch Passion.
The three moms that will take a hefty load of pollen all over their buds will be Blueberry Slushy by RocBuds, White Chem by Mephisto, and the last strain will be Gelato from 420Fastbuds. This is going to be a lot of fun, I hope to get some nice big XL autos.

I soaked the beans on March 14th, I had 3 sprouts march 15th. Gelato joined the bunch on March 17th. Today is day 8 and 6 respectively. Ignore the clone, that's a mom I'm keeping around.

You may notice a 5th seedling. I popped a couple back ups cause I wasn't sure how viable some of the older beans would be. Lucky for me, only 1 failed, so my second back up is being fostered out. She'll be gone this weekend.

Thank you SO much to anyone who decided to stop in. I feel happy to be back at 420 although I've noticed quite a few new members, seems like the community has grown a lot. Hopefully I see some new faces as well as some old friends. :peacetwo:

That sounds awesome! I wish I could do an outdoor run like that. You ever try running any outdoor autos? Maybe line yourself up a first harvest beginning of august before the big girls come down in September/October..

Hi Chef! I'm excited to watch you grow and make seed under the XS 1500 Pro. I'm a newbie auto grower and my third grow starts end May, also under the XS 1500 Pro. I can't wait to see you create XXL autos!

Hi Chef! I'm excited to watch you grow and make seed under the XS 1500 Pro. I'm a newbie auto grower and my third grow starts end May, also under the XS 1500 Pro. I can't wait to see you create XXL autos!
Thanks for coming along Carmen! That’s awesome we both got the opportunity to test out these new panels. I’m a pretty newb auto grower myself. I’ve only ever grown one really really good auto. It was one of the Gelato 420fastbuds seeds. It turned out very large. Hopefully I can keep it interesting!

Hey Chef so nice to see you in a tent again! Those lights will blow your mind! I can't wait for the seed making to get going! Later on this summer I hope to give it a go! :popcorn:
Hey there SO, long time no see! I’m sure you’re right, I’ve been blown away by Viparspectra in the past, so no reason to expect anything different.

What’s your plan for the summer? Will you be making reg seed or doing a chemical reversal for fems?

:welcome: back, Chef. The strains you're growing sound interesting and I'm sure the pollen-making will be as well.

:welcome: back, Chef. The strains you're growing sound interesting and I'm sure the pollen-making will be as well.
Hey HashGirl! Thanks for coming along with me, it’s good to see you again. I’ll go into more about the strains a little later.

That sounds awesome! I wish I could do an outdoor run like that. You ever try running any outdoor autos? Maybe line yourself up a first harvest beginning of august before the big girls come down in September/October..

I don't don't grow outdoors per se, rather its... in a shed(with a big and small room) as well as a tent in another shed, that I used for reversal/crossing last year...it's not heated or cooled so can be trying at times(have had 50 cm's of snow at home in the last week)...I used to do a couple autos before I fired up the photo girlz, but really only once or twice found anything worth mentioning...with less than 2 weeks to go before we leave for home, I'm guardedly excited about getting back to it as well as getting veggies/annuals started...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🏝️

I don't don't grow outdoors per se, rather its... in a shed(with a big and small room) as well as a tent in another shed, that I used for reversal/crossing last year...it's not heated or cooled so can be trying at times(have had 50 cm's of snow at home in the last week)...I used to do a couple autos before I fired up the photo girlz, but really only once or twice found anything worth mentioning...with less than 2 weeks to go before we leave for home, I'm guardedly excited about getting back to it as well as getting veggies/annuals started...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🏝️
Back home? Where are you now hook?

I totally get the trying-ness of the uncontrolled temps. My brother is dealing with a similar situation in his basement. Will you journal this season? I’d like to follow that.

Welcome back, ChefD. Sounds Iike you've got some interesting plans for this grow so I'll grab a seat.
Thanks Azimuth. Yeah it should be an interesting run. I’m hoping I’ve chosen well and can get them all to a very nice, respectable size.

Back home? Where are you now hook?

I totally get the trying-ness of the uncontrolled temps. My brother is dealing with a similar situation in his basement. Will you journal this season? I’d like to follow that.

Thanks Azimuth. Yeah it should be an interesting run. I’m hoping I’ve chosen well and can get them all to a very nice, respectable size.

...in Mexico, been here since the beginning of January...not sure if I'll start journaling again, but if I do, I'll tag you...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...

...in Mexico, been here since the beginning of January...not sure if I'll start journaling again, but if I do, I'll tag you...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...
And if you don’t, you can always just drop a photo or two in my thread. That’s a nice long vacation, you migrate south for the winter?

yes, we've been coming to Mazatlan for 25 years or so, starting at 2 weeks, then 3, 4, 5, 6, and for the past seven years since retirement, it's a three month stay...lets us avoid the worst of the winter for the most part in NWO, Canada...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🏝️...

Back
Top Bottom