ChemDawg #4 Flowering - First Time Grower - Need Help!

When should I start flushing

• Total voters

LittleBoyBlue

IMG_164417.JPG
IMG_165617.JPG

I could use some help from some grow vets. This is my first time growing. I understand to look for 50-75% organe hairs when it\'s time for harvest. But here\'s my issue- the buds just look sooo... thin. I\'m a bit disapointed. I believe I\'ll start the flush process on one of the plants and see what another week gets me from the other.

I\'m really looking forward to your input/advice here.

Take it easy on me, please. It\'s my first time.

2 Plants.

ChemDawg #4

Females.

Mostly Indica.

Soil grow.

Outside.

Flowering stage.

Pistils aren't a good ripeness gauge, the tiny Trichomes are what you need to examine. You'll need a GOOD magnifying glass or better yet a jewelers loupe (online for $5 or so) to see the tiny bulbous heads on and near the budsites. They appear as tiny clear/white mushrooms. When 50% or so of the heads turn cloudy, you are getting close to harvest (most strains). If you see amber colored heads you know you are really close to peak value. Yield and quality are two very different things!

My mag-glass is a piece. But, if you can look past that, the picture quality, and the fact that I only had two hands- this is what my trichomes are looking like.

Thanks for the help, guys. You've saved another plant from an overly anxious newb.:Namaste:

IMG_166225.JPG
IMG_166122.JPG

Back
Top Bottom