Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow

OH HAPPY DAY,
OH HAPPY DAAAY!
WHEN SEEDS GET POPPED.
OH WHEN THEY POP!
🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hi grow folk! Welcome to the next thing! I'm wicked happy to be cleaning the tent and equipment up and putting it in ship shape for another grow! It's been months since I germinated a seed and I'm giddy with anticipation for what's to come!

I wet 3 of my crosses today in damp paper towels and into a ziplock on the cable box. I'm hoping for a good looking lady and a good male to spread the joy of home breeding. I'll use it to make a next generation of these seeds as well as for the 4 @Herbies Seeds fems I'm starting shortly in the 4 x4.

The cross is Chunky Cherry Thai by Kingdom of Seeds, whose pollen I used on a super Wedding Cake by Black Skull, a gift from @Dope-Seeds .

The cross name is "Cherries DubeLee".
Mother is
Father is (kind of. pollen from a male from the pack)
1668458171824.png

Things have been falling into place pretty well. Here's proof of soak. Should be good to go soon enough.
The tent got a touch up and re configured with a table and a seedling mat and my anti tip system 😉 .
The SIP is an Earth Box Veg
It's 15 inches square on top, and 12 inches square at the bottom internal dimensions.
Looking down into it, the internal bottom is a raised platform 3 inches from the bottom of the pot.
It also has 2 "feet" that aren't raised. They get filled with soil and are wet. Confined, yet able to wick water and not fall into the reservoir so much. That and a tube to fill the rez. and a plastic cover to top it all off like mulch. A most important thing is the air gap between the soil and the water rez. It's one inch. So that leaves a 2 inch water rez x 12 x 12.
It's been a while since a new grow method for me. I hope you all come on board and kabbitz and help make this fun and fruitful! Welcome to a slow start followed by aggressive veg growth that rivals a coco grow. I have to get them sexed before one goes into the SIP so relax and put your feet up. Light something fun and enjoy yourself!
Let the growing begin! 💥

Here's your first "tip":

When you fill the bottom of the container, keep the soil a bit wet for that first layer. It will hold together somewhat better and less will fall through the small holes. Although, even if some does it's not a big deal.

And, be sure to pack the soil in those two wick sections down pretty well to help with the wicking effect.

:love:

Looking forward to the LOS SIP LED action here! :ciao:
New things intimidate me a little. I'm glad for all the support!
Ok, thanks. Is the mayo 'enhanced'?

My mayo's are. One with an Italian leaning hot sauce and another with pineapple mango hot sauce. Another is a commercial one called Truff, a truffle with heat infused mayo. Nothing thc yet.
Here's your first "tip":

When you fill the bottom of the container, keep the soil a bit wet for that first layer. It will hold together somewhat better and less will fall through the small holes. Although, even if some does it's not a big deal.

And, be sure to pack the soil in those two wick sections down pretty well to help with the wicking effect.

Goog ones! I found a video that shows someone pushing their fist into the voids to compact it.

What do you figure it is, about 7 gal?
As soon as I saw it I checked their website, and it said 2 cubic feet.
That's 56 litres, or 14 gallons.

I’m in, can’t wait to watch the SIP on Revs stuff, I’ve finally been convinced to just watch.

I don’t understand why it works when we’re striving for a wet dry cycle so this will be helpful. Especially moving forward attempting to maintain the same soil food web over time.

I didn't know they made smaller models of earthbox!
It'll be good to see how it does.
Yeah the ones I see most are the big rectangular ones. These, of which I have one, hold quite a bit of soil and will fit easily in the 4 x 4. I have to break out the pencil and paper and figure the area of it. My guess is between 7 and 10 gallons.
Great start Otter, looking forward to your SIPS venture!
Onward to the sipsventure!
What do you figure it is, about 7 gal?
At least Azi.
As soon as I saw it I checked their website, and it said 2 cubic feet.
That's 56 litres, or 14 gallons.
Wow! Interesting! 14 gallons is a lot! I'm curious to measure and see if they considered the shelf space below. Also they say to mound soil 2 inches. That adds up too. My guess is no more than 10 by eye of actual soil space.
I'm Glad!
Hi Stone. Count me in!
Staying stoneder.
It wouldn't be right otherwise Fred! Nice to see you! The stonder the better!
I’m in, can’t wait to watch the SIP on Revs stuff, I’ve finally been convinced to just watch.

I don’t understand why it works when we’re striving for a wet dry cycle so this will be helpful. Especially moving forward attempting to maintain the same soil food web over time.
I'm not sure either. I'm a devotee to Emilya's watering methods though I still fail it from time to time. This SIP thing will be fun. Win or fail. With all these folks around I'll have a hard time failing I'm thinking.
So you triggered a thought just then. A SIP may have a wet dry cycle but it's not a cycle as we historically see it. Look at it as wet/dry zones happening all the time.? There's an important air gap between the soil and water.
SIP and LOS! I'm in. This should be a good one! How did you like the Rev's Cherry Thai? I havent grown mine yet?
It's a smoke that's very different. I haven't had any for a few weeks so the taste isn't on the tip of my tongue. It's got what The Rev calls funk! A real solid stone that has a funky body odor to it. Oddly enjoyable if you ask me. I was surprised when I layed out my seeds for my wife to help with the choosing and she picked this one. Most things just stink to her that aren't normally appealing to everyone's taste. I'm hearing that's the Thai in it.
Here we go! Im so in there! 😁👍
And I'm so ready too Sparks!
I'm here! Thanks for the invite friend! So excited I could wet my plants!
Let's keep it that way huh?!:rofl::laugh:
I'm in. Still page one?
Let's see what this can do. Others are killing with it!

Back
Top Bottom