Cherry Pie Under Martian Sky

Mars Hydro recently held a contest for Fathers Day and I was lucky enough to win a SP3000 and a grow tent.
I'd like to thank @Mars Hydro for being a sponsor here and for the awesome gear.
I'll be journaling a Cherry Pie that I started from seed a few months ago.

Genetics: 1x Cherry Pie (Granddaddy Purple x Durban Poison)
Lighting: Mars Hydro SP3000
Area: Mars Hydro 4x1.65x6.2' (120x50x190cm)
Medium: Promix HP
Nutrients: MC and CalMag

Unboxing:
The items were packaged well and delivered discretely, there's no risk of anyone knowing what's inside the boxes and there's no way you could possibly damage anything during the unboxing. The tent is sturdy, well made and it was easy to assemble. The light is insanely bright! I'd encourage anyone growing to wear proper eyewear and never stare directly at the sun.
20210705_190256.jpg

sp3000-ppfd_led_grow_light_mars_hydro_1.jpg
Originally, I'd planned to journal two ladies but I wasn't able to fit them both inside the tent.
After getting over my claustrophobia I was pleased to find out the Cherry Pie would do alright alone.
Here's some backstory on the lucky lady before she basks under the artificial sun.

Germination:
She was submerged April 9th in 10 parts water to 1 part peroxide, she popped by April 11th and sprouted on April 15th.
It all started indoors under the Mars Hydro FC3000, never going over 60% with the dimmer.
About 2 weeks in she got her first dosage of the M.C. nutrients at the recommended 0.5g/L.
cherrypie - may 3rd.png
cherrypie - may 11th.png

Vegetative Phase:
By May 20th, she had been topped however I managed to stunt one of her primary nodes.
She started some training shortly after and began her acclimation to the outdoors;
It wasn't until June that the weather was warm enough for her to stay out there over night.
cherrypie - may 23.jpg

cherrypie - june 4th.jpg

cherrypie - june 19th.jpg

"Nature is relentless".
She had a bit of a run in with pests (leaf hoppers, slugs...) near the end June and was sprayed down with insecticidal soap.
I'm just pointing it out incase there's some unexpected guests. C'est la vie.
20210701_152348.jpg

Preparation:
Today is her first day under the new light and here she is in her new digs.
cherrypie - July 6th.jpg

There was only 18" between the light and the canopy but nothing a little bit of bondage (LST) can't solve.
This will give a bit of room for the stretch and keeps the branches out of the way of the door while also encouraging some lower bud sites to become colas. It's a tight fit. I'll give her a few days to get acclimated and slowly crank the dial to the max before flipping her to 12/12.
bondage_01.jpg

That's it for now. Hopefully you'll stick around and offer some advice and support along the way. :ciao:

Mars Hydro recently held a contest for Fathers Day and I was lucky enough to win a SP3000 and a grow tent.
I'd like to thank @Mars Hydro for being a sponsor here and for the awesome gear.
I'll be journaling a Cherry Pie that I started from seed a few months ago.

Unboxing:
The items were packaged well and delivered discretely, there's no risk of anyone knowing what's inside the boxes and there's no way you could possibly damage anything during the unboxing. The tent is sturdy, well made and it was easy to assemble. The light is insanely bright! I'd encourage anyone growing to wear proper eyewear and never stare directly at the sun.
20210705_190256.jpg

sp3000-ppfd_led_grow_light_mars_hydro_1.jpg
Originally, I'd planned to journal two ladies but I wasn't able to fit them both inside the tent.
After getting over my claustrophobia I was pleased to find out the Cherry Pie would do alright alone.
Here's some backstory on the lucky lady before she basks under the artificial sun.

Germination:
She was submerged April 9th in 10 parts water to 1 part peroxide, she popped by April 11th and sprouted on April 15th.
It all started indoors under the Mars Hydro FC3000, never going over 60% with the dimmer.
About 2 weeks in she got her first dosage of the M.C. nutrients at the recommended 0.5g/L.
cherrypie - may 3rd.png
cherrypie - may 11th.png

Vegetative Phase:
By May 20th, she had been topped however I managed to stunt one of her primary nodes.
She started some training shortly after and began her acclimation to the outdoors;
It wasn't until June that the weather was warm enough for her to stay out there over night.
cherrypie - may 23.jpg

cherrypie - june 4th.jpg

cherrypie - june 19th.jpg

"Nature is relentless".
She had a bit of a run in with pests (leaf hoppers, slugs...) near the end June and was sprayed down with insecticidal soap.
I'm just pointing it out incase there's some unexpected guests. C'est la vie.
20210701_152348.jpg

Preparation:
Today is her first day under the new light and here she is in her new digs.
cherrypie - July 6th.jpg

There was only 18" between the light and the canopy but nothing a little bit of bondage (LST) can't solve.
This will give a bit of room for the stretch and keeps the branches out of the way of the door while also encouraging some lower bud sites to become colas. It's a tight fit. I'll give her a few days to get acclimated and slowly crank the dial to the max before flipping her to 12/12.
bondage_01.jpg

That's it for now. Hopefully you'll stick around and offer some advice and support along the way. :ciao:
Hello @Regrowth great start to your journal. :bravo:
I will be displaying the Mars 300 soon myself.
I'll hang out and see how its done.
Great work so far my friend.
Bill

Nice win mate ,light looks awesome an something I'm looking at ,,so I'll no doubt pick your brains on your thoughts about it ,, :thumb:

That’s a great opener, Reg.
Cherry Pie sounds like a star. She looks right at home in there.
Congratulations on all your fantastic new gear! @Mars Hydro will be very happy to see the kit so well represented.

I was thinking of flipping the tent to 12/12, she seems to have acclimated well and she's ready to go.
I'm hoping she doesn't stretch much more. She's a leggy lady.

Congrats on the new gear! The lady is looking extra happy in her new home. I have a few cherry pie going as well with one in flower. Its been a favorite strain of mine since I used to get it a lot back in my buying days. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm definitely in for the grow!

Congrats on the new gear! The lady is looking extra happy in her new home. I have a few cherry pie going as well with one in flower. Its been a favorite strain of mine since I used to get it a lot back in my buying days. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm definitely in for the grow!
Welcome @Modest Grower. I'm definitely looking forward to trying her out. I don't think I've had Cherry Pie before.
I'd love to see your lady in flower.

Welcome @Modest Grower. I'm definitely looking forward to trying her out. I don't think I've had Cherry Pie before.
I'd love to see your lady in flower.
She's not much of a looker but I threw her and a few different strains in a tent to flower to build up some variety in inventory. I took a few clones to really grow out in hydro once my other tent is free. Cherry pie on the far left. CBDutch Treat in the middle and CBDiesel on the right.

The cherry pie gives off a strong smell so I am hoping it has some flavor and strength. It has been fantastic for cloning as well.

20210710_101647.jpg

I broke up an orgy of caterpillars the other day and removed a few more just now. It's kind of sad to see the damage they've done but I expected this kind of thing to happen. Either way I'm sorry guys, it's not a good look. @DonkeyDick recommended I try a BT spray which I'll be ordering if I keep spotting them. Apart from that I'm just waiting for the transition still and praying that things turn around.

20210715_183637.jpg

20210715_185003.jpg

20210715_183848.jpg

20210715_184311.jpg

Wow you are going to get some monster colas! My plant is tiny compared to yours and the tops are still getting pretty nice. Hope you don't mind me posting these. If you do I can delete no problem. Just started to see some trichomes. Once our heat wave passes, I am going to put our ac unit in the room and get them chilly overnight. I'm hoping to bring out some purple in the buds.

wow, cannot get over how massive your lady is. Tempted to go big with my clones now
20210715_173740.jpg

20210715_173835.jpg

Wow you are going to get some monster colas! My plant is tiny compared to yours and the tops are still getting pretty nice. Hope you don't mind me posting these. If you do I can delete no problem. Just started to see some trichomes. Once our heat wave passes, I am going to put our ac unit in the room and get them chilly overnight. I'm hoping to bring out some purple in the buds.

wow, cannot get over how massive your lady is. Tempted to go big with my clones now
20210715_173740.jpg

20210715_173835.jpg

Monster colas would be nice, I hope so. I'd have never grown her so big had I know she'd be finishing indoors. She'd be enormous had I not topped her early on and if she was in something larger than the 5G container - for sure taller than me anyway. Yours is beautiful, I'd never say no to pictures. I'm sure we're both hoping she'll live up to the Cherry Pie flavor. Yours looks like she may have a bit of a purple hue to her starting already.

Back
Top Bottom