Chewing on your clones in place of rooting hormone?

RCCtools

420 Member
Has anyone else had experience doing this? My previous roommate told me about a story about a time when he messed up his friend's plant and in desperation ended up cutting a bunch of clones and chewing on them before planting. I guess he didn't have enough rooting hormone available. I thought I'd give it a try and it actually worked, which was surprising since I've never had any luck in the past cloning with rooting hormone.

I did a little research on it and wrote an article. The evidence seems quite inconclusive except for my (and my roommate's) positive anecdotal experiences.

Oh, it is not disgusting. It is not like the people are sticking the stem into the soil and then pulling it out and chewing on it with the loose sail still attached.:D

People have been chewing on stems of wheat or oats so why not a stem of Cannabis? Then there are even a few who post a message about their use of chopped up leaves and stem in their salads.

I wonder if the success for those who try this is something related to the success when using pieces of a willow tree branch in the water when trying to root cuttings.

Willow is full of natural root medicine,, many recipies for making rooting solution from willow bark

And as for the spit,, well, as stated, they grow in spite of us,,ha

Ihhave rooted maybe a hundred clones, and i actually just had my first ever clone that rooted simply by placing the cutting in a glass of plain water. I have tried many times, for fun, and this was the first to take

Willow is full of natural root medicine,, many recipies for making rooting solution from willow bark

And as for the spit,, well, as stated, they grow in spite of us,,ha
What I was thing was that there could be other enzymes in the spit. Our mouths & the spit contain some of the same acids, bacteria and what not that are found in our stomachs. Part of a way to begin the digestion before the food actually gets to the stomach and intestines.

I read long time ago about something in the spit and mouth juices that helped heal wounds quicker. Something along the lines of a clotting agent.

What I was thing was that there could be other enzymes in the spit. Our mouths & the spit contain some of the same acids, bacteria and what not that are found in our stomachs. Part of a way to begin the digestion before the food actually gets to the stomach and intestines.

I read long time ago about something in the spit and mouth juices that helped heal wounds quicker. Something along the lines of a clotting agent.
I have no doubt that spittle might contain beneficial ingredients for clone propogation,, none at all, just so hard to nail down what is exactly benefiting and what is not,,

Things always work, till they don't

Back
Top Bottom