Chi-Chi's Story: A Gelato Auto Grow Featuring 4 Of Our Fantasic Sponsors

Another day another sunrise friends. And here's to another journal. Little side project as I am re-running a Gelato auto. Anyone who remembers back in December, I had a Big Jack Widow hermie and hermie my 2 Gelatos. I saved some of their mains even seeded and the smoke was intense and so flavorful. In addition, I am running a Gelato-K photoperiod and would like to have a little something something of each going with this grow! A little sister sister from another Mister kinda thing..

Anyways let's get down to it!!

Screenshot_20220515-151105_Chrome.jpg

THE FLOWAH: (INSERT BOSTON ACCENT)

C/O @Weed Seeds Express

GELATO AKA Larry Bird or Gelato #42

GENETICS

Sunset Sherbert X Thin Mint Cookies X Ruderalis
40% Indica 40% Sativa 20%Ruderalis
California native strain

THC

21%

YIELD

400-500 g p meter squared

HEIGHT

35-47 inches

FLOWER TIME

56-70 days

MEDICINAL USES

Eating Disorders, Pain, Fatigue, Insomnia

EFFECTS

Hungry, Creative, Euphoric, Happy

SMELL AND TASTE

Tropical, Sweet, Cookies, Fruity, Kush, Ice cream

NOTEABLES:

Sensitive to nutrients!

High fungal resistance

Super sticky, heavy trichome buds-great for making oils, hash, and extracts

One of the most potent autoflower strains

20220514_113928.jpg

NUTRIENTS:

@Prescription Blend is a complete 6 part nutrient kit optimized in medical gardens for use with both hydroponic, coco and soil and brewed to exacting standards. It's 6 components are:

BIO-SI-Liquid innoculent with nitrogen and potassium. A broad and diverse spectrum of naturally occurring, beneficial soil derived microbes.

CORE A-Primary macro-nutrients(Phosphorus, Postassium, Sulfur, Magnesium and fully chelated micronutrients with an amino acid-complex)

CORE B-Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium

BIG DATA (FLOWER ONLY) Changes NPK ratio

KELPFUL- Combination of several varieties from the N. Atlantic and Tasmanian Islands, loaded with organic fulvic acids

PRECURSOR 1-Metabolic Booster

Prescription Blend is the "result of understanding plant physiology and biochemistry, good old fashioned testing, and responsible gardening practices for a TRUE prescription grade harvest".

Their main mission is to "provide your garden with the highest quality nutrients in a way that preserves our planet"-they even ship in plain brown boxes to reduce footprints!

**Encourages cell division and rapid growth

**Improved nutrient uptake through chelation to organic fulvic acids

**A highly absorbable nitrogen profile that allows plants to orient to capture light as well as build plant tissues

**Their variety of components naturally supports the plants biological signaling, flower growth and development of trichomes

**Drives enzyme function to store and transport energy

**Creates building blocks for oils and terpens while promoting root growth and flower set

**Uses only "organic, non GMO plant extracts, minerals from biological sources and traditional ingredients".

20211027_214046.jpg

FLOWER TENT AND LIGHTING:

4×4 Zazzy with 6 in @Mars Hydro temp and humidity control inline duct system. It houses a standing oscillating fan and a box fan for circulation

The Mars Hydro FC4800 features a reflective cup design that makes lighting on each bar more concentrated, increasing the opportunity for light penetration. High Times magazine had a post on January 29 2021 promoting Mars and their keen ability to deliver an LED line of products that increases harvest while decreasing costs.

The aluminum heat sink on the FC4800 creates better heat dissipation and eliminates the need for noisy cooling fans. It is easily scalable with multilight and dimmable connections to support up to 30 lights.

It utilizes Osram 660nm diodes for stunningly high output and low heat that is cost effective for the grower and the unit has an independent, detachable power supply.
Osram, if you were unaware, is known to be the pioneer of lighting technology.

The FC4800 boasts a MOSO driver-MOSO is the leading supplier of LED in the world. This light enhances bloom yields and crop quantities-expect up to a 50% higher yield and quantity compared to traditional burples.

2070 pc Samsung LM301 Osram 660nm diodes

PPE
2.8 mol

PAR
1372 umols

Spectrum
380-410nm
650-665nm
730-740nm
2800-3000k
4800-5000k

Wattage

Weight
19.4 #

Dimensions
32.7"
2 x 32.7 (W) 4" (H)

20211230_143247.jpg

Veg Tent Dynamics:
3×3 Vivosun with 4 in Vivosun inline duct system outfitted with the @Maxsisun MG3000

Features:

Dimmable 300W +/-3% @ 120V
1392 SAMSUNG LED pieces
Mean Well Driver
Frequency
@ 50-60Hz
Input @ AC100-240V 2.84A
Dimensions 24 X 24 x 2.7
Weight 11.6 #
Lifespan up to or equal to 100,000 hours

Vegetative Coverage @ 24"
Flowering Coverage @ 18"

Package comes with:

1 x MG3000
2 X Hanging Kits
2 X Rope Hangers
1 X 6 ft Power Cord

• Uses top components with Samsung diodes and MeanWell driver with a bar light design. It is their most professional LED grow light that fits perfectly into a 3x3 ft space from seeds to harvest.
  • HIGH EFFICIENCY. Empowering plants with plentiful and evenly PAR distribution without hot spot, the MG3000 consumes only 300 watts, offers a truly high efficacy rating of PPF per Joule 2.4 μmol/J.

Raving Review Headlines

-Well built, high quality array at an affordable cost
-Powerful high quality light
-Bright strong light
-Maxisisun delivers
-I love this light!!
-Top Quality
-Awesome

20220514_113103.jpg

My veg tent currently has a 60W Blue Spectrum bulb specifically for seed starting in the corner of the tent where they stay until sprout

20220515_125223.jpg

GROWING SPECS:

My grow room is an addition not attached to my central air system. It houses a standing AC unit and a standing dehumidifier outside of the tent. A LG capacity humidifier remains in the veg tent for seedling and vegetative purposes. Temps remain stable in the veg tent between 72-80 and between 72-84 in the flower tent. Humidity is kept around 65-70% for the first 2 weeks then maintenance in vegetative stage is around 50-55. Early flower, 45-50 and late flower 35-40.

SOIL ADDENDUMS:

I will be implementing organic Epsom salt foliar sprays, epsom salt and earthworm casting toppings and a soil addendum upon transplants that includes a 3:1 ratio of Epsom salt to organic cane sugar directly beneath root placement along with 2c of earthworm castings mixed directly into the soil. in addition, 1/8c of bat guano will also be added to this amendment.

20220512_095335.jpg

My SOIL of choice is:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

My SEEDLING GROW MEDIUM of choice is:

A Jiffy Seed Starting Mix of coconut coir, peat moss, and vermiculite and FFOF 1:3 ratio

Seedlings are soaked for 12-15 hours then paper-plated before moving into 5.5 in pots

Screenshot_20211028-215021_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Auto seedlings stay in their starter pots for 2 weeks before moving to their final 3 gl self feed water reserve pots. They are fed by misting only while in starter pots and then begin their Prescription Blend week 1 veg.

And so my friends, she was placed in her tiny home with a little sperm tail around 6 last night. I expect to see her come up tomorrow at some point maybe in the early morning!

Happy growing friends

16526426290742087506765408666461.jpg

16526426999478634909809942509363.jpg

Great start :party:
Thank you! I didn't tag anyone, literally, in my new journals. I have you guys in the main title of my Spanish Sister grow going on now, that's the one I had told you about a couple months ago! This is just a side project but glad you found it! Stella is in the other journal ;)
Wooooohooooo big start... Good luck with the Hermie beans. I'm def following along for the ride.
Big start but not hermie beans lol just straight up Gelato autos. I have those hermied beans set aside. Buuuut, should still be fun nonetheless! I hope lol

Another day another sunrise friends. And here's to another journal. Little side project as I am re-running a Gelato auto. Anyone who remembers back in December, I had a Big Jack Widow hermie and hermie my 2 Gelatos. I saved some of their mains even seeded and the smoke was intense and so flavorful. In addition, I am running a Gelato-K photoperiod and would like to have a little something something of each going with this grow! A little sister sister from another Mister kinda thing..

Anyways let's get down to it!!

Screenshot_20220515-151105_Chrome.jpg

THE FLOWAH: (INSERT BOSTON ACCENT)

C/O @Weed Seeds Express

GELATO AKA Larry Bird or Gelato #42

GENETICS

Sunset Sherbert X Thin Mint Cookies X Ruderalis
40% Indica 40% Sativa 20%Ruderalis
California native strain

THC

21%

YIELD

400-500 g p meter squared

HEIGHT

35-47 inches

FLOWER TIME

56-70 days

MEDICINAL USES

Eating Disorders, Pain, Fatigue, Insomnia

EFFECTS

Hungry, Creative, Euphoric, Happy

SMELL AND TASTE

Tropical, Sweet, Cookies, Fruity, Kush, Ice cream

NOTEABLES:

Sensitive to nutrients!

High fungal resistance

Super sticky, heavy trichome buds-great for making oils, hash, and extracts

One of the most potent autoflower strains

20220514_113928.jpg

NUTRIENTS:

@Prescription Blend is a complete 6 part nutrient kit optimized in medical gardens for use with both hydroponic, coco and soil and brewed to exacting standards. It's 6 components are:

BIO-SI-Liquid innoculent with nitrogen and potassium. A broad and diverse spectrum of naturally occurring, beneficial soil derived microbes.

CORE A-Primary macro-nutrients(Phosphorus, Postassium, Sulfur, Magnesium and fully chelated micronutrients with an amino acid-complex)

CORE B-Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium

BIG DATA (FLOWER ONLY) Changes NPK ratio

KELPFUL- Combination of several varieties from the N. Atlantic and Tasmanian Islands, loaded with organic fulvic acids

PRECURSOR 1-Metabolic Booster

Prescription Blend is the "result of understanding plant physiology and biochemistry, good old fashioned testing, and responsible gardening practices for a TRUE prescription grade harvest".

Their main mission is to "provide your garden with the highest quality nutrients in a way that preserves our planet"-they even ship in plain brown boxes to reduce footprints!

**Encourages cell division and rapid growth

**Improved nutrient uptake through chelation to organic fulvic acids

**A highly absorbable nitrogen profile that allows plants to orient to capture light as well as build plant tissues

**Their variety of components naturally supports the plants biological signaling, flower growth and development of trichomes

**Drives enzyme function to store and transport energy

**Creates building blocks for oils and terpens while promoting root growth and flower set

**Uses only "organic, non GMO plant extracts, minerals from biological sources and traditional ingredients".

20211027_214046.jpg

FLOWER TENT AND LIGHTING:

4×4 Zazzy with 6 in @Mars Hydro temp and humidity control inline duct system. It houses a standing oscillating fan and a box fan for circulation

The Mars Hydro FC4800 features a reflective cup design that makes lighting on each bar more concentrated, increasing the opportunity for light penetration. High Times magazine had a post on January 29 2021 promoting Mars and their keen ability to deliver an LED line of products that increases harvest while decreasing costs.

The aluminum heat sink on the FC4800 creates better heat dissipation and eliminates the need for noisy cooling fans. It is easily scalable with multilight and dimmable connections to support up to 30 lights.

It utilizes Osram 660nm diodes for stunningly high output and low heat that is cost effective for the grower and the unit has an independent, detachable power supply.
Osram, if you were unaware, is known to be the pioneer of lighting technology.

The FC4800 boasts a MOSO driver-MOSO is the leading supplier of LED in the world. This light enhances bloom yields and crop quantities-expect up to a 50% higher yield and quantity compared to traditional burples.

2070 pc Samsung LM301 Osram 660nm diodes

PPE
2.8 mol

PAR
1372 umols

Spectrum
380-410nm
650-665nm
730-740nm
2800-3000k
4800-5000k

Wattage

Weight
19.4 #

Dimensions
32.7"
2 x 32.7 (W) 4" (H)

20211230_143247.jpg

Veg Tent Dynamics:
3×3 Vivosun with 4 in Vivosun inline duct system outfitted with the @Maxsisun MG3000

Features:

Dimmable 300W +/-3% @ 120V
1392 SAMSUNG LED pieces
Mean Well Driver
Frequency
@ 50-60Hz
Input @ AC100-240V 2.84A
Dimensions 24 X 24 x 2.7
Weight 11.6 #
Lifespan up to or equal to 100,000 hours

Vegetative Coverage @ 24"
Flowering Coverage @ 18"

Package comes with:

1 x MG3000
2 X Hanging Kits
2 X Rope Hangers
1 X 6 ft Power Cord

• Uses top components with Samsung diodes and MeanWell driver with a bar light design. It is their most professional LED grow light that fits perfectly into a 3x3 ft space from seeds to harvest.
  • HIGH EFFICIENCY. Empowering plants with plentiful and evenly PAR distribution without hot spot, the MG3000 consumes only 300 watts, offers a truly high efficacy rating of PPF per Joule 2.4 μmol/J.

Raving Review Headlines

-Well built, high quality array at an affordable cost
-Powerful high quality light
-Bright strong light
-Maxisisun delivers
-I love this light!!
-Top Quality
-Awesome

20220514_113103.jpg

My veg tent currently has a 60W Blue Spectrum bulb specifically for seed starting in the corner of the tent where they stay until sprout

20220515_125223.jpg

GROWING SPECS:

My grow room is an addition not attached to my central air system. It houses a standing AC unit and a standing dehumidifier outside of the tent. A LG capacity humidifier remains in the veg tent for seedling and vegetative purposes. Temps remain stable in the veg tent between 72-80 and between 72-84 in the flower tent. Humidity is kept around 65-70% for the first 2 weeks then maintenance in vegetative stage is around 50-55. Early flower, 45-50 and late flower 35-40.

SOIL ADDENDUMS:

I will be implementing organic Epsom salt foliar sprays, epsom salt and earthworm casting toppings and a soil addendum upon transplants that includes a 3:1 ratio of Epsom salt to organic cane sugar directly beneath root placement along with 2c of earthworm castings mixed directly into the soil. in addition, 1/8c of bat guano will also be added to this amendment.

20220512_095335.jpg

My SOIL of choice is:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

My SEEDLING GROW MEDIUM of choice is:

A Jiffy Seed Starting Mix of coconut coir, peat moss, and vermiculite and FFOF 1:3 ratio

Seedlings are soaked for 12-15 hours then paper-plated before moving into 5.5 in pots

Screenshot_20211028-215021_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Auto seedlings stay in their starter pots for 2 weeks before moving to their final 3 gl self feed water reserve pots. They are fed by misting only while in starter pots and then begin their Prescription Blend week 1 veg.

And so my friends, she was placed in her tiny home with a little sperm tail around 6 last night. I expect to see her come up tomorrow at some point maybe in the early morning!

Happy growing friends

16526426290742087506765408666461.jpg

16526426999478634909809942509363.jpg
Another journal o_O:eek: where do you find the time & energy :thumb:
I got barely enough energy to water mine, this time of year
Had to mix up another 5 cu. yard of soil last night 3rd one
Edit that should be feet .. yards would be dump truck loads :oops:
I was climbing on mom roof today, fixed some shingles that got lose in the wind
Then set up her third green house

Another journal o_O:eek: where do you find the time & energy :thumb:
I got barely enough energy to water mine, this time of year
Had to mix up another 5 cu. yard of soil last night 3rd one
In a space somewhere between the two planes of life I live in :rofl: 3 journals is good for me, 4 now but that won't be for too much longer, couple weeks I think...I just said to TK today that I need more soil, could only get 1/2 of my lupines down in the backyard today. Wanted to run 4, 1 on each end of the patio

Holy cow :rofl: I'm going to need a log book to to keep up with you.:rofl:
I'm so happy to see you running around here again.
A breath of Sunshine :)
:ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Holy cow :rofl: I'm going to need a log book to to keep up with you.:rofl:
I'm so happy to see you running around here again.
A breath of Sunshine :)
:ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
What happened to the one you kept for me before? You burned it like an ex wifes picture in a fire pit in the backyard cause you just missed me so? :rofl::rofl: as if!!

If I didn't run around here like a looney tune again, I wouldn't be in my happy place and I make others happiest when I'm hanging out there

:love::love::circle-of-love:

Thank you! I didn't tag anyone, literally, in my new journals. I have you guys in the main title of my Spanish Sister grow going on now, that's the one I had told you about a couple months ago! This is just a side project but glad you found it! Stella is in the other journal ;)

Big start but not hermie beans lol just straight up Gelato autos. I have those hermied beans set aside. Buuuut, should still be fun nonetheless! I hope lol
Oops sorry high and reading don't mix well lol... But good I'll be watching this gelato auto grow cuz that's a strain that I can get locally and have been going over if I want to try a well known strain or keep it different and unheard of..... But yes it'll be fun no matter what.... hopefully

:ciao: Again. I'll try to keep track. Lol
Hi friend lol maybe @Bill284 Can get some extra log books for everyone. Sorry....I can't help it. Thank you Vet
How many journals you got going??? I'm in here as well... :thumb:
Just 3 plus I'm finishing the Banana Blaze journal. Only 5 plants total, half of what I've been doing so technically, it's a big break. Thanks bud

:ciao: I'm going to jump on this bus too ;)

Whoop whoop. Thanks for the tag. Going to pull up my bean bag for this
Come right along friend
I love birthdays!!!!
Hooooolllllaaaaa!!! :passitleft:
:dude-knocking::hmmmm::dude-knocking::ciao:
Hiiii there Baked, welcome again!
:ciao: I'm going to jump on this bus too ;)
Come right along my friend! Just in time!
I think you need something to keep you busy, you have too much free time ...:rofl:
I'm in.......
Hahaha free time no but wanting to keep busy for sure and what better way to?

Everyone meet Chi-Chi

:happy-birthday:

20220516_144159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom