ChicagoJoe asks, "When Should I Start My Flush" - soil - currently 8th wk of 12/12

ChicagoJoe

420 Member
Guys and gals,
I need your expert opinions.

I have an unknown indica dominant bagseed about to finish 8th week of 12/12 in soil.
It eats like a freak and only once did I ever burn the very tips of the top leaves.

The buds have a high leaf to calyx ratio.

The calyxes are swelling, new buds still forming.

The trics are almost 85% cloudy with barely any being amber.

Last feeding was last night and it was at about 1/2 strength.

When should I start the flush?

And by flush , do we mean to actually flush with 10-15 gals of water?
or just start water only (no nutes)?

And by no nutes, do we mean no nothing, or no n-p-k but CaMg+ OK ?

Re: ChicagoJoe asks, "When Should I Start My Flush" - soil - currently 8th wk of 12/1

My indica went closer to 10 weeks+ and if stuff is still forming, I'd keep up with the nutes for at least another week.:yummy:

I'm not big on flushing, especially in soil, but would just go with plain water after you stop the nutes.

I would water heavy though (leaching), to a 30% or more run off. A week or so of that will have the same result as a flush without stripping everything away all at once.

Water with a tsp-tbl of molasses/gallon and nothing else.

DD

Re: ChicagoJoe asks, "When Should I Start My Flush" - soil - currently 8th wk of 12/1

My indica went closer to 10 weeks+ and if stuff is still forming, I'd keep up with the nutes for at least another week.:yummy:

I'm not big on flushing, especially in soil, but would just go with plain water after you stop the nutes.

I would water heavy though (leaching), to a 30% or more run off. A week or so of that will have the same result as a flush without stripping everything away all at once.

Water with a tsp-tbl of molasses/gallon and nothing else.

DD

Hi Joe, I agree with Droopy about the water and molasses and no nutes. I think since you want like 20 - 50% amber (indica) maybe hold off on the flush until you start to see some amber trichomes. Remember though, some areas that you check may be behind others. If you start too soon to flush, like my last grow, I ended up having to restart with the nutes after a week of not seeing any change in the color. I believe I started before I saw any amber trichs. I'd wait a little more.

Yo Cj agreed with droopy and woodsy def don't start flush til the appearance of a percentage of amber trichs however, this is just my method i use the same method of mollasses or will be this time round and when i flush i use 2 gallons of water to every 5 1/2 gallons of soil in the containers every 2 days the week before harvest and it seems to take away any reminiscent flavor of nutes in the plant good luck buddy best wishes

hi there Joe!
Soil flush is recommended for 2 weeks, so consider the rate that your trich's are turning amber and try to guestimate how they'll look two weeks from start of flush. Did you know that honey or mollassas will actually act as somewhat of a salt leech? The surags help to break down built up nutrients in the soil. This might actually shorten your flush time some. I prefer to use clearex to jumpstart my flush, but thats in hydro. Clearex uses some sugars just like honey or mollassas. Personally I don't like to run alot of extra water into the roots because it can start extra problems in the soil, increase humidity, and possibly promote molding of the buds (Just my superstition), so I just water normally with pH adjusted water. But I believe its 5-7 days hydro, 7-14 days Soil.

Hope that helps!!

I was hoping for more input, but that's OK. It's all about learning.

I ran about 10 gallons thru the soil last week (at week 8). I'm starting to notice more translucent amber trics.

Things are looking like fall colors in there.

purple and violet on the buds,
dark purple (almost black) on the sugar leaves
violet hues showing on the fan leaves
trics everywhere

It's fucking beautiful.

Guys and gals,
I need your expert opinions.

I have an unknown indica dominant bagseed about to finish 8th week of 12/12 in soil.
It eats like a freak and only once did I ever burn the very tips of the top leaves.

The buds have a high leaf to calyx ratio.

The calyxes are swelling, new buds still forming.

The trics are almost 85% cloudy with barely any being amber.

Last feeding was last night and it was at about 1/2 strength.

When should I start the flush?

And by flush , do we mean to actually flush with 10-15 gals of water?
or just start water only (no nutes)?

And by no nutes, do we mean no nothing, or no n-p-k but CaMg+ OK ?

As far as I can remember cloudy trichs means cereberal bud so you are probably about a week -10 days from harvest. So just pure water is all they need

Rule of thumb (for me at least) 2 weeks in soil and 1 week in hydro. stright water and if you hav eit available use a fushing agent toward the end of the flushing to ensure all the salts and minerals are out of the plants system. :goodluck:

purple and violet on the buds,
dark purple (almost black) on the sugar leaves
violet hues showing on the fan leaves
trics everywhere

It's fucking beautiful.

Nice imagery

i currently am doing soilless. I try water only, in the third week before due date. then, when they need water, i run like 40 gallons thru four or five-four gallon pots. i take my ppm near the end of flush. its usually down to about 300. and my water ranges 130-160 ppm. mostly all ca. i just bought a bottle of a new to me product, im going to start using. called snowstorm ultra. i envy folks who get four or more oz off one plant. but, i use either four regs, or the new five smart pots, which seems to give me a half oz more per plant. odd. but, i like quality over quantity. i remember my first grow. i did not know about flushing. it was not exactly the best tasting smoke. lol. some nutes are low number. this helps. i am using one now. dyna gro. i was using fox farm, which is good stuff. but, needs very good flushing. So, for me, its really a two week flush, but, water only on the week prior to that. let the gals eat up whats left.

Back
Top Bottom