Chief's First Grow - Organic Kindsoil - Clementine x Gorilla Glu

DonChiefums20

Hey everyone this is going to my first try at growing anything. Did a ton of research for about a month now I think it's time to get started. I was trying to go for the most simple method because I know nothing about nutes. So that's why I bought the Kindsoil. From what I hear they grow big so I think I will only have space for one plant. But I got reg seeds not fem so I have to pop a few seed and hope I get at least one female. I want to just use one 5 gallon smart pot.

My setup:

Seedbank seeds:
The 5th Dimension = Clementine x Gorilla Glu

The clementine is my fav so once I saw that they had some Clem I had to get those.

2x2x5 tent
LED 300w light
5 Gallon Smart pot
Kindsoil
Roots Organic

Debating on the type of water to use I saw someone on here just using distilled water. And other ppl just use tap water left out and ph'd. Not sure what I'm going to do yet but I tested my tap water and it was around 7.5 ph and the TDM meter was around 143. From what I read below 150 is decent?

I already started germination like 2 days ago. I just sat them in a glass cup for 18 hours and 4/5 had the tap root barely sticking out. So I planted them in solo cups. I used a clear cup to see the moisture and a solo cup to block the light. Left the light off for first 6 hours and have kept it on ever since. I saw this method on here also.

420-magazine-mobile1954424925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile717997864.jpg

I woke up this morning and 3 of them had popped up a little I was super excited.

420-magazine-mobile1597297925.jpg

If you guys have any suggestions lmk
Not sure if I'm going to Scrog or LST yet. LST seems more hands on work. So I might be doing a scrog but my space is so small compared to others so I'm no sure yet.

The two cups are a great idea to check on moisture and roots!

About the ScrOG: I did one on my first indoor grow. It was a 2x2x4 tent with 3 plants in 2 gal pots, with the screen about 5 inches from the top of the pots. The tricky part is you have to kinda guess when to flip to 12/12 depending on the expected flowering stretch. I did it when the screen was 75% full and I kept scroging until day 14 of flowering, but the screen ended up being a bit too full. I should have flipped a bit sooner.

Anyway, subbed! :Namaste:

The two cups are a great idea to check on moisture and roots!

About the ScrOG: I did one on my first indoor grow. It was a 2x2x4 tent with 3 plants in 2 gal pots, with the screen about 5 inches from the top of the pots. The tricky part is you have to kinda guess when to flip to 12/12 depending on the expected flowering stretch. I did it when the screen was 75% full and I kept scroging until day 14 of flowering, but the screen ended up being a bit too full. I should have flipped a bit sooner.

Anyway, subbed! :Namaste:

Dinsdale:
Thanks for the info on the scrog. I'll definitely keep that in mind as my babies grow. It seems like it's gonna take forever lol I have no patience. This will def be worth it tho.

Day:14

They were a little dry last night so I watered them this morning. The other day I accidentally knocked one of them over I almost had a heart attack lol. It was all bent over but it bounced back it has a knot in the stem tho. I guess that's where it got stronger. I'm thinking about topping once the 6th node comes up we are already showing the 5th node on the bigger one.

420-magazine-mobile471781533.jpg

Day 18:

They were looking a little dry again last night so I feed them this morning. I was dying to do something to the plants so I "FIM" 2 of the biggest plant at the 5th node yesterday. I've been going in the and bending the branches down so I can get light in the inner nodes and ew have some inner growth on all of them.

420-magazine-mobile1659286098.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1140956405.jpg

The temps have been a little high day temp: 79-81 night temp 71-74. My inline fan and filter come in tomorrow so I hope that fixes everything. For my temps.

Also they are getting too big for solo cups will be transplanting them into 1 gallon fabric pots over the weekend.

Day 25:

Figured id give and update on the babies . I transplanted them on day 21. I put them all in one gallon smart pots. I want to keep them in there til I can sex them. I topped them all on day 23. And tied down a few fan leafs.

Old pics day 21:

After transplant
420-magazine-mobile1218187214.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1884205866.jpg

Can't wait til I can sex them and just focus on 2 plants instead of 5.

Day 30:

Today is a sad day. I think one of my girls is a dude lol :/ Lmk what u guys think but I seeing
2 little balls on each side so I'm going to chop it soon. I was going to get a jewelers loupe so I could see better but I'm waiting for my macro lenses for my phone so I can get rid of the male.

420-magazine-mobile377605140.jpg

But they look decent I can already tell I'll prob only have room for 2 plants.

420-magazine-mobile210026446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile304122751.jpg

Forget what day it is now but everything is going ok a little slow but growing. I built a pvc trellis it was pretty easy.

420-magazine-mobile1006415518.jpg

420-magazine-mobile260337846.jpg

I transplanted the girls into their final pots yesterday. I hope they are girls lol. I am going to let them veg for 2 more weeks and flip to flower.

420-magazine-mobile33524398.jpg

I also woke up this morning and got more seeds in. I have quite a bit now don't plan on getting more for a little. My next run will definitely e the autos tho.

420-magazine-mobile527071178.jpg

420-magazine-mobile682987802.jpg

They have pretty much filled the scrog up I'm really debating on flipping to flower or giving it another week.

Flip it now! For a good scrog, you have to keep the plants under the screen until they're about two to three weeks into flowering. That means you need to flip to flower when the screen is 60-75% full. The flowering stretch will fill the rest of it.

Flip it now! For a good scrog, you have to keep the plants under the screen until they're about two to three weeks into flowering. That means you need to flip to flower when the screen is 60-75% full. The flowering stretch will fill the rest of it.

Thanks man I've been wondering if I should wait but I'm glad I don't have to. Just looking at it now if they stretch a lot it's going to be a bit crowed

I got 2 cents lol you might need to build another tier I've seen 3 tier scrogs they look pretty cool the ones I've seen got bigger as they got higher but another tier would get support for stretch and later heavy buds

I got 2 cents lol you might need to build another tier I've seen 3 tier scrogs they look pretty cool the ones I've seen got bigger as they got higher but another tier would get support for stretch and later heavy buds

Thanks man. When I was looking around I saw a 2 tier scrog so I made an extra one wasn't sure if I should use it but looks like I need to finish it.

420-magazine-mobile668352806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom