Childrens Protective Services Took My Kids

keenakorn

I'm a 30 yr mom in Cali. Cps took my kids about a yr ago. I'm still trying to get them back. I can't find a lawyer to help my case. I have a prescription but the courts telling me to take pills instead.(Which I've done before and they didn't work) Anyone know of any lawyers that can help. Thanks

I called them and asked for assistance with my oldest son. He was acting out to the point of putting himself and others into danger. He made up lies (which is one of the issues with him) when they talked to him. They think my smoking affects them. I disagree, I smoke outside with all windows shut after they are tucked into bed. My oldest is now 10 he told them hes never seen me smoke anything but cigs, but they are still making it a big deal.

Hello keenakorn, I am a divorced father raising four children of my own , I was Busted and can tell you that you must find an Atty. Just the fact you have waited a year in the Courts eyes is against you. The Family Court looks at "the best interest of the child" and relies upon overworked, understaffed, overburdened, child welfare workers who are just doing a job. You must show that you can provide a safe, clean home and enviroment in which they can thrive. I realize your children are away from you and that hurts but you must get past that and get to the work of getting them home. Also you failed to say where they are, if you see them/how often, what charges were brought against you, and the disposition of the charges?

The direction you must head is upwards and these facts are very important to the restoration of your family. I am not finding fault with you, rather trying to point out to readers the tremendous task it is once the authorities pull the plug on your family.
I am familiar with Family Court and retain a Trial Attorney who retired his California Law license, among others, to handle just RI cases, we will check who he knows out there, what part of California are you in?
Please stay strong your children are depending on you!

+Rep Thanks for talking abiout a difficult problem

1. Santa Clara County. 2. One son is with dad the other at in a group home. 3. I was looking for a lawyer but could not find one that handles family court issues and medical marijuana. I'm doing everything they are asking. 4. The issues they are pulling up are ones of opinion based on my childhood and statics- which is wrong in itself . Lets just say I don't have a record.(a few speeding tics) I was a stay at home mom starting school. Everyone that knows me thinks this is wrong. And that CPS shouldn't be able to do what they are doing to me.

OK I see my Atty in the morning because I am headed to Trial in Superior Court for a legal MMJ garden with NO usable Marijuana (see Busted thread) I will ask him who can help you in Santa Clara County wherever that is.
Let me get this straight so I can inform the Atty of your situation.
1. You called Police or they were summoned to the home because of your eldest son who shall we say has "issues" correct?
2. He then made wild claims of abuse, neglect, and or drug use which prompted them to call CPS?
3. CPS then took into custody your kids and gave you a court date.
4. At court you admitted you needed help and agreed to placing the younger one with your ex and the older in State Care?
5. Now your husband or CPS or both are using this against you when you are attempting to get your children back in the home with you?
You must have a legit Dr who oversees your care to write your rec for MMJ. You also must provide a safe place for the kids and keep all MMJ secure and away from them. This includes second hand smoke as CPS across the country use this against Medical Marijuana Patients because second hand smoke is toxic.
If there is any part of this that is wrong please let me know either here or in PM. I will post here after my Atty appointment in the morning.
I have to ask why did they remove the children and what charges did CPS accuse you of? If there is anything you want to ask of me I will answer in kind, I know these are difficult conversations but keep the faith and stay strong. God and life only dish out to us what we can handle you will get through this. I am happy to help in any way I can.

I asked my therapist to call and ask for help. He has been working with my family for 4 yrs. they came out and talked to my son and he lied. There is no proof of abuse or neglect but they take the word of the child over the parent. My son told them hes never seen me smoke weed. ( I smoke it outside) Here in cali you only have to see a doc once give him paperwork and he gives it to you. No repeat visits. Santa Clara is where San Jose is by San Francisco.

Back
Top Bottom