Chinnubie's 2nd Shot at 2 Fem Purple Kush

Chinnubie

I'm getting a jump start on this journal to be able to document from beginning to end. I was no where near prepared enough to start the first one but thinking I had at the time, put up the tin foil, got a couple of 5 gallon pots some soil, 150 watt HPS and away we went. Not completely out of my head I did do a little research and read Rosenthal's guide to growing MJ or at least most of it. He can get really technical sometimes but was able to understand most of what I was reading, plus it gave me a reference to look back on. At the time I didn't know about 420Mag and all of the great info I could receive by just asking for it. Anyway, back to what I'm going to do with these 2 Feminized Purple Kush seeds from CropKing Seeds.
Medium: 50% ProMix, 25% Vermiculite, 25% Perlite one in a 7 Gallon Pot and one in a 5 Gallon Bucket
Space: 2'x3'x8' Closet lined in Mylar
Light: 2-150 Watt HPS. CFL's if needed for undergrowth??
Fans: 1) Tower fan for air flow and a 4" Inline Fan/filter for odor and heat control.
Nutrients: Growology Steps 1-3 as needed per instructions along with Cal/Mag.

More details to follow as the space becomes available. :thanks: :420: for allowing us to communicate with one another so easily. :thumb:

I want to take the time to thank KingJohnC for helping me out with the links in signatures. The people on this site continue to amaze me to no end, so Thanks to All involved that make this a Class-A website.

Wanted to add some details about the upcoming grow.

What strain is it? Purple Kush from CropKing Seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 75% Indica & 25% Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Will be seedling stage in roughly 4 weeks
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet 2'x3'x8' lined with Mylar improving over the tin foil currently covering the walls.
Soil or Hydro? Soiless ProMix BX 50% with Perlite 25% and Vermiculite 25%
If soil... what is in your mix? See above.
If soil... What size pot? 1 in 7 Gallon Pot & 1 in 5 Gallon Bucket
Size of light? 2-150 Watt HPS
Is it aircooled? One 4" Inline fan for odor and heat reduction along with a 3' tall Tower Fan for air movement.
Temp of Room/cab? Day Temps 86 degrees to Night Temps at 76 degrees.
RH of Room/cab? 45-55 RH
PH of media or res? Not measured yet but will be at 5.8 when the seeds are placed into the medium.
Any Pests ? None, Thank God.
How often are you watering? when the medium gets dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Will be following the Growology nutrient schedule.

I plan on topping and employing some LST to provide for a scrog net to try to achieve some large buds. I'll start putting up pics as I get closer to the planting. This will give a real step by step process of what I'm attempting and hopefully we'll produce a decent harvest. I do have the best growers in the country at my disposal, so it's mine to screw up.

Getting close now. Man, I'm really looking forward to vegetative stage and working with the plant. I'll have all the pics and complete update to get this 2nd attempt going. Monday after we evict the current residents the space will be ready for our next couple of girls. After the first grow I have learned some valuable lessons. CO Finest uses sand on top of his soil for the reasons he explains in his video and it got me thinking can you use sand on top of promix or is the sand only good with soil? Also, I've seen small stones or lava rocks on top of soil in other people's pots, is this recommended?

Thanks for coming over Denise. I hope you'll come back when the actual plant begins growing. Gonna post some preliminary pics of the added items I'm going to use for this grow.

2014-06-28_13_37_06.jpg

I'm gonna put about 1-2 inches of sand on top of the ProMix after the plant gets into first week of veg, allowing the medium to be kept cool and protect from bugs. If this is wrong-headed please let me know how to use properly. About 3 days away from starting new.

Hey Chin, I just want you to know how much you have helped me... Now I know more about ph, light leaks, etc... I have messed up two grows but still was able to still get some buds out of them. I know you will do great on this grow. .... this :420:is simply the best place to learn..
I'm getting my supplies together to do what Dennise is doing also, hers are beautiful. I noticed you have MG perlite. I am a newbie therefore don't know much. But not sure if MG perlite is ok to use if it has fertilizers and nutrients in it. I can't see in the picture what it has... not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong...just trying to help . I maybe wrong about the perlite just wanted you to make sure.
Also hope you don't mind if I sub.
Best of Luck & Good vibes!:peace: :Namaste:

I'll double check both perlite and vermiculite to make sure. Thanks for pointing that out before I mix. I don't like spending a lot of time in stores so I saw Perlite in big white letters and just grabbed it. 420's awezome!

Hey Chinnubie, subbed and looking forward to watching you in action from the start. This is going to be great, I can't wait to see the seedlings. Good luck.

GardenFarie said that 7 100th won't make a difference, so I just gone done chopping and my back is killing me, wish I had those dried already, ugh, I have some meds but they aren't as good as usual. Gonna begin covering with Mylar tomorrow unless I get a wild hair and get started later, have to wait and see. Either way seeds in the medium tomorrow, I just put them in the big pot to start because the previous tenants germinated in 48-72 hours and this way I have a better chance of NOT killing the seedling through transplanting. I don't have separate veg and flower rooms most people have to keep the cycle continuous, so it's just as easy to drop the seed in the pot for me. When I get the available space in the future, things will be different. hope that clears up any possible questions. All comments are welcome and I take criticism really well so don't be shy, fire away. :lot-o-toke:

Holy Cow, KingJohnC on my little 'ol journal, I feel very privileged. Your welcome anytime, just stop on by. Since, I've got you, I wanted to ask how to properly prepare the ProMix medium? :Namaste:

Here's what I got:
Mix the ProMix at 60%, Perlite at 20%, Vermiculite at 20%, and growology step one then stir, put in 5 gallon bucket. Should I then run water through the medium to test the run-off PH levels or just moisten the top area for germinating the seed, please let me know, so I can get this one started off correctly, plus I'd like to get them up and running tomorrow.

Holy Cow, KingJohnC on my little 'ol journal, I feel very privileged. Your welcome anytime, just stop on by. Since, I've got you, I wanted to ask how to properly prepare the ProMix medium? :Namaste:

Here's what I got:
Mix the ProMix at 60%, Perlite at 20%, Vermiculite at 20%, and growology step one then stir, put in 5 gallon bucket. Should I then run water through the medium to test the run-off PH levels or just moisten the top area for germinating the seed, please let me know, so I can get this one started off correctly, plus I'd like to get them up and running tomorrow.

You do not need to test the runoff waters pH of your Pro-Mix soiless mixture. There are many different ways to germinate seeds. This is my method

I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

Gonna get started on the new and improved grow closet today. I'll get some pics to show the process won't be too exciting but it might help someone else along the way and we all have to give back the best way we know how. See everyone later with the new grow.

Back
Top Bottom