Chloramine neutrilize?

Apoc

Chloramine and Chlorine can be neutrilized with Vitamin C/Ascorbic Acid. Only 1000mg needed for 40 gal or 10 mg for 4 gal. Our ppm on tap water is 150ppm.

Is it going to be ok to nuke the chloramine in our water with Vit C then PH it and use it for hydro and soil grow watering?

Chloramine kills beneficial Flora and fauna in your soil or Hydro roots. Show me a study that says it's beneficial to plants. Why do so many use RO water? Penny of Vit C nukes chloramine, what's a penny compared to better production?

Chloramine kills beneficial Flora and fauna in your soil or Hydro roots. Show me a study that says it's beneficial to plants. Why do so many use RO water? Penny of Vit C nukes chloramine, what's a penny compared to better production?

Then please tell me why running a sterile res in hydro works so well?

People use RO for things like lead, heavy metals, excessive calcium, and other contaminants. Makes it easier to get the pH adjusted with a better base, plus knowing exactly what and how much of something is in the water. RO isn't used to specifically target chlorine or chloramine, although its removal is a byproduct of the process.

Will it hurt to remove? No. Will it hurt to leave it alone? No.

Read for yourself, chloramine has been outlawed by many countries. It's your choice to ingest it or not. As for me I don't argue with rocks, they don't listen and it just gives you a sore jaw.

You seem to know everything else, use your Google powers.

Chloramine.org
"Chloramine can cause bleeding lips, dry mouth and dry throat. Chloramine can cause burning, red, and dry eyes. Skin exposure to ammonia "breaks down cell structural proteins, extracts water from the cells and initiates an inflammatory response, which further damages the surrounding tissues."Sep 11, 2006

Thank you, but I know the answer about running a sterile res.

Which is all I asked, to counter your point. If that were true and it was catastrophic to plants, gardens, houseplants, trees, shrubs, and anything else getting tap water would be dead with a quickness.

You came in with a question, but seem to be pushing an agenda. Have a lovely day.

Back
Top Bottom