Choosing for the greenhouse

I ordered a small inexpensive 180X180 cm (6’X6’) greenhouse for my patio. Yesterday it was delivered; so far I have only put together the rough frame. We had fresh snow overnight, it’s probably best to wait a few weeks before completing.

This season I am only growing 1 outdoors. I ordered some BF seeds and am deciding what will go in the house. I narrowed it down to three choices all BF – Trop/ban – Do si 33 or Gor/zk. Does anyone have any experience outside with these strains? If so I would appreciate any input. I live in a rather mild climate, last year I started in mid May and it was probably a bit cold to harden off. I grew 3 and all finished well and were completed before mid Oct. This year I setup a first tent and will be able to start inside.

Last season I came back to 420.mag after not participating for some years. When I did, I referred to a seed bank by name and mentioned strains. Following that, I was asked not to mention certain strains or seed banks and had a post edited. I don’t want to rock the boat. Are we allowed to refer to strains / breeders that are not 420 sponsors? If not, doesn’t that prohibit the exchange of useful info? If this post is inappropriate, please remove.

I am glad to be part of the 420 group. Wishing all a happy grow.

Enjoy!

DSC00168.JPG

I ordered a small inexpensive 180X180 cm (6’X6’) greenhouse for my patio. Yesterday it was delivered; so far I have only put together the rough frame. We had fresh snow overnight, it’s probably best to wait a few weeks before completing.

This season I am only growing 1 outdoors. I ordered some BF seeds and am deciding what will go in the house. I narrowed it down to three choices all BF – Trop/ban – Do si 33 or Gor/zk. Does anyone have any experience outside with these strains? If so I would appreciate any input. I live in a rather mild climate, last year I started in mid May and it was probably a bit cold to harden off. I grew 3 and all finished well and were completed before mid Oct. This year I setup a first tent and will be able to start inside.

Last season I came back to 420.mag after not participating for some years. When I did, I referred to a seed bank by name and mentioned strains. Following that, I was asked not to mention certain strains or seed banks and had a post edited. I don’t want to rock the boat. Are we allowed to refer to strains / breeders that are not 420 sponsors? If not, doesn’t that prohibit the exchange of useful info? If this post is inappropriate, please remove.

I am glad to be part of the 420 group. Wishing all a happy grow.

Enjoy!

DSC00168.JPG
Your a little early me thinks. Sounds good though. :thumb:

Hi Stinker, welcome back. I've seen people refer to non-vendors by their initials. I'm guessing it's the sponsors that negotiated that restriction. I've been growing outdoors in a climate like yours for a couple years and had great success with Indica Hybrids and real Jamaican Sativa. I made my own hoop greenhouse. It's great for keeping the plants dry if there's a rainy fall.

Something else you can try is pulling blackout plastic over the tent a couple weeks before outdoor natural flowering starts. I've been experimenting with this to get flowering going a couple weeks earlier in cooler outdoor growing areas. Cheers

I tried a couple clones of Gorilla Zkittlez a few years back when I first tried outdoor growing. They didn’t get big or grow much, but I think was because of me being a newb. I will say that the buds got super frosty and was a great high. Do-Si-Dos is also a great strain but haven’t done BF but I grew the Canuk seed version and loved it. So either of them would get my vote, GZ being the more social of the highs given

Hi Stinker, welcome back. I've seen people refer to non-vendors by their initials. I'm guessing it's the sponsors that negotiated that restriction. I've been growing outdoors in a climate like yours for a couple years and had great success with Indica Hybrids and real Jamaican Sativa. I made my own hoop greenhouse. It's great for keeping the plants dry if there's a rainy fall.

Something else you can try is pulling blackout plastic over the tent a couple weeks before outdoor natural flowering starts. I've been experimenting with this to get flowering going a couple weeks earlier in cooler outdoor growing areas. Cheers
Thank you PaleSun. I would be interested in following when you start.
I was going to cut some black plastic & velcro to block light intrusion. More so because the height of the greenhouse extends into the glare of some large lighted signage. Tschüss

That the snow pic is amazing, looks chilly at the moment. The strains all sound good, altho I recently was reading a post about a Runtz strain from BF which sounded good too. For me, I just want to find the really outstanding ones! Life's too short!

I would be interested in following when you start.
You bet, and thanks for the interest. It will be my first journal. I'm going to put 2 Sour Diesel photos trained in Manifold position, out a little late to keep them smaller, then the blackout plastic to force outdoor flowering earlier than would happen naturally. I'd like to see if I can get 8 fat colas, even if the plants are kept to about 1m instead of the usual 2m honkers.

Shining 'Far red' light 730nm wavelength at dusk helps too but they're hard to find.

That the snow pic is amazing, looks chilly at the moment. The strains all sound good, altho I recently was reading a post about a Runtz strain from BF which sounded good too. For me, I just want to find the really outstanding ones! Life's too short!
I agree, outstanding or bust... I was also looking at that Runtz strain. It looks interesting, I think I will add to my next order. Described like this "Runtz Muffin allows you to explore and feel in whole new ways, calming your thoughts into peaceful and philosophical dreams that subdue your mind into the state of a beautiful mountain stream, bubbling gently in the shimmering sunlight."
How could I not, even if only half true?

Back
Top Bottom