Chops’ First Grow In Soil Pineapple Kush, Blueberry Widow, Sour Punch Kiss

Those are happy plants with very efficient root systems. :thumb:

Thanks Emilya, I've been trying real hard to get it right, and it really means a lot for you to take your time to cheer me along and give me insight... especially when you are letting me know I'm doing well, the validation is much needed and appreciated! I'll try not to let it go to my head lol:thanks: Also I will appreciate it even more when you let me know I'm messing up.

Here is the recipe for the tea I used last night. I am obviously fairly new to providing for the needs of my ladies and so I have been trying to use recipes I’ve found but I don’t always have all of the ingredients. Currently I am using a Compost Tea Calculator by Humboldt Earth Technologies which is an app for my phone. The recipe calls for
2 cups Compost
.25 cups Humus
1 cup Worm Castings
.5 cups Fish Hydrolysate
1tsp Kelp Powder

upgrade ingredients
1tsp Humic Acid
7tsp Glacial Rock
7tsp Frass
1tsp Alfalfa Meal
7tsp Bokashi
2tsp Bacillus Subtilis

Ok, so I had everything on the first part of the list except I only used 1tsp of Roots Organics Surge and I don’t have kelp powder so I used 1tsp Maxicrop liquid seaweed. I also added 1tbsp roots nitro bat guano, and brewed for 36 hours. I then added 1tsp Stump Tea and 1tbsp blackstrap molasses and brewed another 18 hours.

I grow alfalfa around the yard and plan on experimenting with an alfalfa meal supplement and have the Bacillus Subtilis in the Stump Tea.
So I have a few questions for the AACT users out there.

1. The Surge has humic acid in it but should I add more?
  2. Are the Glacial rock, frass, and Bokashi worth using?
  3. .5 of a cup of fish Hydrolysate seems like a lot, is this different from the Surge or should I use more Surge?
  4. After adding the bacteria and mycorrhiza how long do I have before I begin breeding bad bacteria?
  5. Are there any ingredients I’m missing?
  6. Are there any ingredients that I should not be using?

With AACT most of the harmful bacteria, the anaerobic ones, can not thrive. As long as you keep aggressively bubbling, it is hard to get bad bacteria. I would keep the ratios of your ingredients to the levels that are advised so that the pH stays within normal ranges. The glacial rock will give you some water soluble benefits, but it wont break down during the grow. Many have claimed to use the bokashi, but I have never seen a side by side showing a benefit. I would advise a study to see what bacteria you are managing to breed and if the added subtilis is really adding anything that didnt already breed with the kelp and alfalfa since it is known as a grass bacteria. at any rate, it sounds like a powerful tea, but as far as what is missing, it depends on which stage of the grow you are trying to boost. A flowering tea, a finishing tea and a vegging tea have completely different needs and ingredients.

With AACT most of the harmful bacteria, the anaerobic ones, can not thrive. As long as you keep aggressively bubbling, it is hard to get bad bacteria. I would keep the ratios of your ingredients to the levels that are advised so that the pH stays within normal ranges. The glacial rock will give you some water soluble benefits, but it wont break down during the grow. Many have claimed to use the bokashi, but I have never seen a side by side showing a benefit. I would advise a study to see what bacteria you are managing to breed and if the added subtilis is really adding anything that didnt already breed with the kelp and alfalfa since it is known as a grass bacteria. at any rate, it sounds like a powerful tea, but as far as what is missing, it depends on which stage of the grow you are trying to boost. A flowering tea, a finishing tea and a vegging tea have completely different needs and ingredients.

Ok, awesome, I’ve been worried about breeding bad bacteria lol, worried about everything to be honest...Damn first time jitters. This is a grow tea right now, but I am interested in a bloom tea for later and am just now learning of a finishing tea :eek: there is always more to learn.

And what do you mean by a study? Are you talking about getting it tested? And if so, where do I go?

You might want to read through my current journal... I have carefully given all of the recipes for my teas, and I am about to make up a finishing tea that will be introduced in the next few days. I did think of a secret weapon that I use a lot... Fox Farm Big Bloom... the only organic nute that they produce, and is full of beneficial bacteria. I also use guano, both high P and high N.

You might want to read through my current journal... I have carefully given all of the recipes for my teas, and I am about to make up a finishing tea that will be introduced in the next few days. I did think of a secret weapon that I use a lot... Fox Farm Big Bloom... the only organic nute that they produce, and is full of beneficial bacteria. I also use guano, both high P and high N.

Ok...I’ll do that again. It seems that I recall seeing those and thinking to myself I need to remember to write those down:cheesygrinsmiley: and of course I forgot lol. I’ll certainly on the look out for this newest tea. I had noticed you using the Ff big bloom, I’ll have to pick some up soon, thanks for the tip, and I also have high p bird guano for my bloom tea. Once again thanks for all your help.

And what do you mean by a study? Are you talking about getting it tested? And if so, where do I go?
most of them are pretty recognizable under a good microscope, at least general species. I have an ag lab and a professor at the local university that allows me to drop in occasionally. It is fun realizing that all of those spirulina, protozoa, amoeba, nematodes, myco and other fungi, are being grown in your own pitcher and that some will out compete others if put into the mix at the wrong time or in the wrong proportions. Not being formerly trained in this area, I rely on well tested recipes for my teas.

most of them are pretty recognizable under a good microscope, at least general species. I have an ag lab and a professor at the local university that allows me to drop in occasionally. It is fun realizing that all of those spirulina, protozoa, amoeba, nematodes, myco and other fungi, are being grown in your own pitcher and that some will out compete others if put into the mix at the wrong time or in the wrong proportions. Not being formerly trained in this area, I rely on well tested recipes for my teas.

wow, I have been doing a lot of research in the past months, but never has something been explained so well. I am the kind of person that needs to know more than to do or not do something... I want the why and what the repercussions will be. So thank you once again, and I will now be following these recipes to avoid throwing my soil life out of whack.

I made some real progress on my ventilation this evening. It is not fully hooked up yet, but I did a test run and it seems to be working correctly. To keep the clutter down in the grow room, allow more height for growing, and hook multiple rooms up to one filter/fan combo I built an air chase in the attic to house my filter. Right now I am in the process of running ducts to the chase to provide more air to the temporary nursery/drying room and to the veg/flowering room. Once that is finished hopefully tomorrow evening, then I plan on moving the Sour Punch Kiss up to her new home and introduce her to my california lightworks 275 led and hopefully have her ready to flip by the end of the month. I will try to get pictures of my ventilation system up by the end of the week, just trying to get it together now.

Good evening everyone. I got the ventilation hooked up this evening. I’ll have pictures later this week. Now I just need to clean up and move the sour punch by the end of the week. Speaking of her, she seems a bit droopy already.

A4634187-AB2A-41F8-A23E-2A6EA7487C8E.jpeg

ADA8AC9D-78DF-454D-A1FB-94B4BAE6B786.jpeg50BF301B-30CB-41A5-9A10-B124CBA0E3F4.jpeg

Can she already need water? Wow
That’s pineapple kush peeking out over her older sister.

Good evening everyone, so I have some pictures of my flower room tonight. I managed to get my fan and controller installed and operational finally. It's not like it was a difficult job or anything, I just had to practically create time lol.
KIMG0243.JPGKIMG0244.JPGKIMG0245.JPG

I also had to do some watering this evening. The sour punch was droopy this morning so I knew that I would need to water her, but I didn't realize that the other girls would also be needing water soon. Since I will be out of town until late Saturday or early Sunday, I went ahead and watered early. Just hope not too early. Since we were out I figured we needed to take some photos.

KIMG0250.JPGKIMG0255.JPGKIMG0257.JPGKIMG0259.JPG
KIMG0247.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0257.JPG
    KIMG0257.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 46
So I am sitting here tonight hoping that all is well with my grow, as well as everyone else’s! I have been away from the house since 10 this morning and will not be home until probably around 10 tomorrow night:oops:. My only consolation is that I got my temperature/humidity controller hooked up and dialed in before I left. I was maintaining 50 percent humidity and high of 74 and low of 69 at night. I am unclear how long my humidifier reservoir will last, but I am using much less wth the controller. I also had to water the night before, so I shouldn’t need to worry about anyone drying out. It’s funny, most days they are alone fore 16 hours anyways, but I am usually able to check on them every 8 hours or so. So here’s to extra meds and making it through the day :lot-o-toke:

Wow, what a crazy day I've had! Started out by waking up to a migraine and feeling like I was getting the flu. So I called in to work and set around for a bit, but I am the kind of person that feels physically worse when doing nothing for too long and I know if I get up and get moving then I'll likely feel better. So I got busy building Emilya's bubble cloner.

IMGP2516.JPG

I didn't have the same kind of air stones, but these seem to work.

IMGP2517.JPG

Then I moved my sorry looking clipping into the cloner. One of the clippings show promise, but I think the other two are goners.

IMGP2518.JPG

So after the bubbler I was feeling a bit better, so I took Sour Punch Kiss out and decided to take some pictures, do a small trim, and work on the training.

IMGP2522.JPG

IMGP2523.JPG

But then I tragically discovered that I wasn't feeling as well as I thought, because as I was pulling branches down I discovered I had broken two branches. I apparently wasn't as coherent as I originally thought.

IMGP2533.JPG
IMGP2535.JPG

The break is right at the base of the branches and as you can see I have them supported properly and have the break closed up in hopes of a speedy recovery.

Here she is sporting her recent hair cut and being supported like the injured baby she is.

IMGP2528.JPG

Back
Top Bottom