Christianity 'Not A Real Religion'

Cozmo

According to LAPD as Cannabis Church Files Suit Against City of Angels

When Reverend Craig X Rubin was arrested at his house of worship he asked the lead LAPD officer for the special rights accorded to clergy under California Penal Codes 1524 and 1525, but was told by the officer that his Bible-based Judeo-Christian organization, that was recognized by the state of California, was "not practicing a real religion." Temple 420 is a registered religious organization with the State of California (CA Corporation #C2791851) and Reverend Rubin has been ordained by a church that has passed the State's organizational test in court. Members of the congregation use cannabis in their temple - a practice that has gotten them into trouble with the LAPD.

People know Reverend Craig X Rubin for the role he plays, as the owner of the medical marijuana club, on the hit show "Weeds" on Showtime; but what people don't know is that he is a messianic Jewish preacher on the weekends.

Temple 420 on Hollywood Blvd. (www.Temple420.org) has services every Saturday and Sunday at 4:20 p.m. The Old Testament is taught on Saturday and the New Testament on Sundays. The unusual thing about Temple 420 is their faith that cannabis is the "Tree of Life," spoken about in several places in the Bible; most notably the Book of Genesis and the Book of Revelation, where it describes the leaves of this plant as being, "for the healing of all nations" because cannabis, sometimes called hemp, is so versatile as a natural resource.

"Ending the prohibition on cannabis will get us out of the Middle East sooner," claims Reverend Rubin, "because we can use cannabis to make fuel, thus making us more energy independent. The President keeps talking 'switch grass' and I know which grass he should switch. Henry Ford built a hemp car that ran on hemp fuel back in the 1930s."

The congregation feels burning the Tree of Life reminds them to follow the Laws of God, the Ten Commandments, that emanated from a burning bush. Further, they use the smoke of the plant as an intercessory to carry their prayers to God. Both Jewish and Christian members of the sect agree that cannabis is the Biblical Tree of Life and wonder why they are treated differently than the Catholic Church who actually did recently commit crimes and allegedly covered them up.

"Could you imagine the type of paramilitary force that invaded our temple, kicking down the doors of the Catholic Church to get information on alleged pedophile priests -- yet that is exactly what they did in our house of worship." Officers kicked their way into the sanctuary with weapons pointed, without the slightest thought or care of putting their paramilitary boots on the Holy Cross and Star of David on the custom made temple doors. The Reverend continued, "I was taught in California public schools all the way through graduating from UCLA. I have seven children, have no criminal record, and yet without a conviction the LAPD has seized all of my personal assets, leaving my family penniless and about to be homeless."

February 13, 2007 the Reverend responded as the City of Los Angeles tried to permanently seize control of the Reverend's life savings. He had 30 days to respond or his worldly assets became their property. When filing his response and requesting a quick resolution he was told by Sharon Terry of the District Attorney's Office, "Not to expect a hearing anytime soon" as the City was busy. Meanwhile, the Reverend and his family are being evicted, as their assets are held for an indefinite period of time, and the Temple's only income comes from donations via the Internet.

According to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the authorities can only use "the least restrictive means necessary" if they feel a religious organization is violating rules of general applicability. That is why Reverend Rubin has filed a complaint with the LAPD (CF07-000151) and has given notice to the city of his intent to sue for religious discrimination and violations of his civil rights. The complaint alleges that Officer Trayce Fields knew on August 25, 2006 that Reverend Rubin was an ordained minister teaching the Bible at his Hollywood Temple and she did not give that information as required by law to the judge who issued the warrant.

"American churches should be concerned about religious freedoms at this time in our history. That is why I took this case. Temple 420 is reaching people other churches don't," says defense council La'Chelle Woodert, as she represents Reverend Rubin, who is facing seven years in prison for his religious beliefs.

Source: Send2Press
Author: Carly Zander
Copyright: 1983-2007 by Send2Press Newswire
Website: Press Release Services since 1983 from Send2Press Newswire

Fucked up shit.

:hmmmm: I'm a little confused...I thought there was hope we could see relaxation of prohibition here in California, but this article gives me pause to realize how viscious this war is against us...the Gov wants 1000% increase in the state fee for registering a MMJ pt for an ID card....the counties all have their hand out too for part of the prescription process...that is in addition to the Dr. fee one has to pay and this is required annually. MMJ patients have no medical coverage for cannabis Rx...it seems everytime a little good news comes our way, the government starts fucking around and messing with local coops & patients. I'm Christian....I want to join that 420TEMPLE as part of my Christian views, and expect the right to practice my religion without G-men interference:adore: :adore: :adore: :bong:

So the government has the power of telling me what I am worshiping is or is not a real religion? I would just say to them what is their religion and then tell them no thats not a real religion. You have a right to religion in this country, its a constitutional right. The moment they start saying that one of them isn't a religion they are breaking your constitutional right. I was unaware of there being a fake religion of any sorts. What I believe in is my own belief and you cannot question that.

So the government has the power of telling me what I am worshiping is or is not a real religion? I would just say to them what is their religion and then tell them no thats not a real religion. You have a right to religion in this country, its a constitutional right. The moment they start saying that one of them isn't a religion they are breaking your constitutional right. I was unaware of there being a fake religion of any sorts. What I believe in is my own belief and you cannot question that.
:headbanger: Amen!:peace:

Damn right I agree with you 100%
but it just seems like the government wants to keep taking all our rights away
1 by 1

IS A GRATE IDEA WELL, IS REALLY BECAUSE THE FUCKING PEOPLE CHRISTIAN JUSGUE THE OTHER PEOPLE :tommy: :bong:

i question the right not to be questioned.
:hmmmm: WTF? What question?...........I believe in the right to pursure peace, security of one's home and whatever you choose to put your faith into...in so much as it is not harmful to others and of course happiness:laughtwo: Just don't go messin' w/ my MJ:headbanger:

As a Christian, I do not agree that cannabis is a way to find God. According to the New Testament Jesus is the only way to the Father, the only mediator between God & man. Cannabis smoke is not necessary for God to hear our prayers. Nor do I see cannabis as the Tree of Life. That tree, according to Genesis is in the Garden of Eden & Garden access is denied. As best I can tell Jesus & the Holy Spirit bring the Life of God into a person when they repent of their Adamic (the sin nature default inherited from Adam) sin & receive Christ as Saviour & Lord. I feel Jesus' cross is closer to being the Tree of Life as the "fruit" from this "tree" is the resurrected Christ who is able via the Holy Spirit to implant into any one who is willing, the Life of God. Jesus Himself can heal the nations...if He is allowed to.

If a substance could lead one directly to God I would have not needed Christ. I took enough **** (lot of "trips" & large amounts) in the late 60's that I could not have missed finding Him that way. I was straight for a week when I prayed to receive Him into my heart (inner most being) in '69.

Gen 3:24
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Having said that I do believe that cannabis is a good medicine. I do believe that using it as medicine or like wine in moderation can cheer up the heart of man.

Ps 104:14-15
14 He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengthens man's heart.

Though I do not agree with the use of cannabis as a gate way to God or a sacrament, I do believe that if the group wants to use cannabis that way it is their right, as was said, guaranteed by the Constitution.

I am sick of big brother's lies, distortions, misinformation that started with what would grow into big bro's propaganda machine in the 30's. It's all about protecting synthetic fabrics & Rx drug pushers who kill 1,000's every year & no media outcry is heard as would be the case if cannabis use directly caused even one death. This is the same machine that pumps out global warming & peak oil bilge. If they lie about cannabis, can they be trusted on other issues?

As User says, it's a war on people.

mM

If you make a donation to Temple 420, the website says you'll receive a lifetime membership to the church.

it also says "MARIJUANA IS NOW LEGAL TO OUR MEMBERS IN ALL 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. OUR CHURCH WILL PROTECT ALL "TEMPLE 420" MEMBERS CHARGED WITH MARIJUANA POSSESSION.* OVER 800,000 PEOPLE A YEAR ARE CHARGED WITH MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA POSSESSION IN THE UNITED STATES. DON'T BE A VICTIM ANY MORE, STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND JOIN OUR CONGREGATION!"

Back
Top Bottom