Christmas Buds! Mid 1990's strain: Anyone remember and know what strain?

Yea I'm running the Hazeman Pine Tar Kush Aka 79' Xmas Bud.

Where did you hear about the Deep Chunk not being real? I looked all over but didn't see that... do you know what it is instead?

Man, now I'm wondering how many other of his seeds aren't what they are supposed to be. He seems to have overall a great reputation from what I have gathered but now I am wondering.

You on IG? I can't DM on here, must be too much of a nub still lol. You can reach me @tribeamcannon

Oh interesting that's similar but slightly different to the story I heard haha. Are you testing for Hazeman now? I have been told his Deep Chunk aka Monkey Balls is not the original Tom Hill's Deep Chunk. Gonna watch your journal for these!

I checked with Hazeman and Monkey Balls are a phenotype of Tom Hills Deep Chunk, so it actually is from the same line of Deep Chunk, just a selected phenotype.

Hazeman also carries beans called Purple Monkey Balls, which are completely different, and a product of Snowhigh seeds, which is : sputnik 1.0 x (acapulco gold x c99)

I'm not testing for Hazeman though, I am just a customer of his, and pretty impressed with the prices and old school genetics he offers.

Damn. I will have to search for the Pine Tar Kush to see if thats it.

Joined as well just to see what it turns out to be.

I got this stuff just 2 times. November 95 and October 96. Piney, super crunchy, like pinesol almost. Covered in white kief, lime green color, orange hairs(very few).

Refered as simply Humboldt both times I saw it. Central Virginia, but came down from Vermont.

I really hope you guys find this strain. Never seen anything similar in smell.

Hey everyone....

Back in Chicagoland and I believe throughout the midwest, around every Christmas there used to be a strain that came out called Christmas buds. I mentioned this on another thread but felt it deserved its own thread in search of what it exactly was.

These buds were so delicious, a mix between a pinetree and a peppermint candy cane and were nice pinecone shaped buds, very dense, with bright green and bright red hairs. I remember just a small 1 hitter packed with the christmas nugs was very strong and would hit your lungs like you just inhaled quick dry cement...very very strong high....

I have been wondering for years if anyone knows what strain or genetics these "christmas buds" came from? I know that I have seen people saying, "its just some bud that someone put a name on" which I highly doubt is true because it was consistant for a few years in a row that I could remember, always the same taste, look, and heavy inhale...

I would love to hear if anyone knows anything about this strain/cut/genetics because I would love to see if their still available and get my hands on some :) Also would love to see how many people got a chance to experience this wonderful tasting annual treat...

I would say this probably was around 1991-1995 or so... and I was in Chicagoland at the time..
i know this is a really old post but back about 2001 we had friend come up to michigan from chicago and they brought christmas bud with them, and it was amazing. i actually found this thread trying to find out what it was.

I just finished growing 79 Xmas Bud, it has a pine smell and taste. It has a nice Indica stone to it. CSI Humboldt May have Xmas Bud ibl still in stock. This came from Ndnguy who got it from the original grower on the east coast. Not the most potent but a very interesting strain. @Fuzzy1981

I just finished growing 79 Xmas Bud, it has a pine smell and taste. It has a nice Indica stone to it. CSI Humboldt May have Xmas Bud ibl still in stock. This came from Ndnguy who got it from the original grower on the east coast. Not the most potent but a very interesting strain. @Fuzzy1981
thanks for the info! i'll have to check that out, also do you have any pics of what you just finished growing?

Here are a couple photos from my seed run of 79' Xmas Bud.... Since I did a seed run I really didn't get to smoke or taste the flavors, but when breaking up the buds to harvest the seeds, the terp profile and nose on this strain was amazing.

The smell was very strong evergreen pine smell, some phenos had a citrus undertone but some were just 100% pine. The closest thing I have smelled to the Christmas Bud of the 90s. I don't know if it was exactly the same, but it was extremely close and for my hunt for a pine strain, this definitely fits the bill :)

It wasn't the frostiest strain, but that also could have had to do with me doing a seed project and not growing for the female sensmilla. I am definitely pleased. I believe these seeds are still available from Hazeman at Infinity Genetics. According to those involved in the history of this strain, Hazeman mislabeled (or received mislabled) seeds to Hazeman sells these under the name Pine Tar Kush, but they are not PTK and actually 79 Xmas Bud.

What kind of stretch did you see with the 79 Xmas tree bud? I got some as freebies as well and was debating throwing some in. I want to be sure they will get big enough to fit with this next grow though. If not I can save them for when I'm doing some shorter indicas. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom