Chromes Gone Hempy: "Kushberry" + Bagseed/Bagseed Clone: CFLs!

ItsChrome

Welcome Friends to my 2nd Journal.

Previously we saw our hero chrome defeated by the Mary bell in what one could only describe as a train wreck in slow motion. A futile but valiant fight to save a dying plant and yield massive sticky buds. Though defeated He refused to surrender and this is his struggle back to the top!

That is right I am not going to let one botched grow defeat me! I am comming back swinging. I intend to take what I have learned in failure and apply it in success. This time around I am starting off better prepared, armed with understanding on my grow space and equipment. I again will be running CFL lighting. How ever this time I will ditch the soil for Hempy Buckets and perlite. I feel much of my last grows failures had to do with toxity and PH soil related problems. Also I feel that my Soil may have become compressed and in turn starving my roots of Oxygen. Problems I hope to cure with the Hempy buckets and perlite.

As for my ladies. I have one clone from Mary Bell.
MB_jr.JPG

Here you see a picture of the clone two weeks after I took her from Mary Bell. I have her sitting in a solution of Technaflora Root66 and Thrive alive b-1 (red). the tin foil is to block the light from hitting her stem. You can see her lower leaf yellowing. Her other lower leaf has just shriveled up and died. This is good. She took the nutes stored in them to keep her self alive. As you can see she is healthy as can be. At this point there were no fully developed roots, rather areas on her stem were showing areas of root development.

MB_Jr_hempy.JPG

I just took this pic. exactly 24hrs After I placed her in her mini Hempy cup. There is a hole about 1 inch from bottom. I am using MG perlite and nothing else. I give her about a shot of water every few hours poured around the stem. Since the Stem was in water almost all the way up to the lower growth I made sure she was covered up to there as roots where developing the whole length of her 4" stem. The watering solution is again a mix of Root66 and Thrive alive b-1. I have been foliar feeding her this solution for the past week as well. You may notice that she does have some slight color loss beginning on her leafs. Though I hope to provide her enough food to stop her from eating her self.

The clone is not my only hope:
kush_berry.JPG

This seed I am going to call "Kushberry". Why you ask. well I got it from a buddy and he couldn't remember if it was blueberry or some kind of kush since they were all together. So I'm just calling it "KushBerry" :cool: I placed the seed by its self in wet paper towel. I folded the paper towel and placed in a giant ziplock and put in the cupboard. It cracked a day later. It is now in a peat pellet sitting in my jiffy dome. It has yet to break surface but I expect it to some time in the next 24hrs.

seed_plate.JPG

bag_seed1.JPG

These are seeds I saved from the weed I made brownies(blondies) from last month. practically schwagg. So its more of a fall back plan for now. But better safe than sorry. I'd rather have these going and not need them than need them and not have them. ABout 4 of these have cracked though I have yet to transfer to the jiffy. Will probably do this in the morning.

So yeah that is about it for now, Thanks for stopping by!

Sweet a brand new journal! It sounds like a sequel to a movie. :)

Mary Bell's counter part looks real good. :goodjob: You know I'm in. :popcorn:

Sweet a brand new journal! It sounds like a sequel to a movie. :)
:cool:

Mary Bell's counter part looks real good. :goodjob: You know I'm in. :popcorn:

Yeah I am super psyched about how well she is doing. I had another one I tried to clone Using a peat pellet. It died with in the first 24\hrs. This one on the other hand is like 3 weeks old and looks as fresh as the day I cut her!

Glad to have you around for this one as well Should be exciting!

Hey man read your whole journal
took a couple days tho lol!

sorry bout marybell but at least u got her clone goin keep her goin!

good luck with your kushberry project will be definatly lookin in to it

when u gonna cut bell down?? i cant wait to see how much she yeilds!!!

:goodjob:

Hey Skaihai! thanks man. Yeah my last journal definitely grow long. I'm not sure when Mary Bell with come down. But I feel as though its going to be earlier than planned.

The "kushberry" Still hasn't broken soil. I hope its doing well. Though you know how these things go. They take time! Its been in soil for 48 hours now. I have seen seeds root and take 4 to 5 days to actually break surface. So i shall remain patient.

As for the Clone, She's doing as well as I could help. Though I'm in a race against time I feel like. She is still pulling nutes from her leaves and I really would like her to stop doing that! how ever if thats what she needs to do to survive then by all means I want her to live. I wish I could monitor the root growth but that is kind of hard given she is in the perlite now. I keep watering her every few hours to make sure she was waters at what little roots she has.

will definatly be watching your posts to see how the little kb is growning :D its gonna be sick i almost cant wait

HURRY AND GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i guess paitence is a virtue

lol

HURRY AND GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find myself saying that all the time, when looking at my girls... doesn't seem to work though... :)

Though I'm in a race against time I feel like. She is still pulling nutes from her leaves and I really would like her to stop doing that! how ever if thats what she needs to do to survive then by all means I want her to live

Hey Chrome, I think you will be ok,, you took the clone from Marybell when she was well into flower, so this clone will take a little bit longer to take.
(At least watching my buddy making his clones, the ones from veg take quick, the ones from flower take longer, use up more nutes from leaves, and once they get roots, still take a while... looking like they aren't doing anything..., until they revert back to veg)

so, as long as you keep tending to her like the good, caring daddy you are, then I think she will grow up even nicer than her mom...

Say hello to my little friends!!

new_friends.JPG

:yummy:

Ok what your looking at here are 3 sprouted bag seeds. The one with out a sprout is the blasted "kushberry". I checked it out a bit and the tap root hasn't grown hardly at all!! It looks healthy, nice and white. So I don't think its dead. I am toying with the Idea of placing her back in paper towels to see if maybe she'd start to grow again that way. What do you guys think?

Skaikai: Haha I know the feeling man. some time I like to get stoned and stare at my plants trying to make them grow with my mind! has yet to work, very well that is. Muahahaha. wait.. no. It hasn't really worked at all. :( but yeah patience is the #1 thing you need to grow marijuana. It comes before light and water!

Herb: Thanks for the kind words. I am a very proud daddy that is true. I treat my ladies like princesses! what can I say they are daddies little girls and I need to make sure they are happy.. :cool:

Oh also The clone is burning through this current set of leaves faster than the last. She looks super healthy as well. So i'm hoping all these nutes she is taking are going right to her roots. I keep watering 3 to 5 times a day with a mix of thrive alive B-1, Root66 and a hint of grow nutes. (I am talking about 3 drop to one liter).

I am toying with the Idea of placing her back in paper towels to see if maybe she'd start to grow again that way. What do you guys think?

my vote is no.. I think messing with seeds, especially after a partial tap root is showing, is asking for trouble.. I think they are from italy when they are babies.. you know that town,, fragile (pronounced fra--jeel-lay) lol

my violater kush died that way... had nice tap root showing,, my buddy turned it in the rapid rooter plug, (looked like the taproot was going up,, kinda upside-down).. well 5 days later,, taproot is now brown,, and dead... (no worries though,, my 1024, white russian, and sharksbreath are all nice little seedlings now)

Well I actually went a head and placed it back in the paper towel and put it back into the cupbard. this morning I was pleased to find a fully sprouted, albeit white - seedling. She is now in soil gaining color by the minuet! woooo!

I had to move one of the bag seed seedlings into a cut already due to it growing like a crazy plant. Despite being less than 1 and a half inches from the light source it grew so fast and long I had to remove it from the jiffy. I placed it into a hempy with a humidity dome. Problem here is I don't have rooms to have these guys out of the jiffy just yet. I will have to rig some type of temp veg chamber or something I thinks. As the closet wont be free just yet as Mary bell still needs a week or so to finish "ripening". :/

Close is doing well since I have started doing daily foliar feedings she has almost stopped consuming her self. I feel her roots must be taking shape as well. I'm dying for her to start new growth!

Well I actually went a head and placed it back in the paper towel and put it back into the cupbard. this morning I was pleased to find a fully sprouted, albeit white - seedling. She is now in soil gaining color my the minuet! woooo!

I had to move one of the bag seed seedlings into a cut already due to it growing like a crazy plant. Despite being less than 1 and a half inches from the light source it grew so fast and long I had to remove it from the jiffy. I placed it into a hempy with a humidity dome. Problem here is I don't have rooms to have these guys out of the jiffy just yet. I will have to rig some type of temp veg chamber or something I thinks. As the closet wont be free just yet as Mary bell still needs a week or so to finish "ripening". :/

Close is doing well since I have started doing daily foliar feedings she has almost stopped consuming her self. I feel her roots must be taking shape as well. I'm dying for her to start new growth!

glad to hear you had success with your seedling/sprout

you could always build a small veg cab out of a night stand or something,, just something to give you a couple of weeks between harvest and the new crops..

Yeah That is what I am thinking. I dont really have any thing like that I can use though. We recently got some sweet book shelves and wanted to take over one level of shelving, but the woman wasn't thrilled about me packing up some of the books she just unpacked.. I'll figure something out. I just don't know what yet.

this was an abandoned attempt at one, I ended up building a whole new room instead :)

IMG335.jpg

IMG336.jpg

in another life, I used to work at a rent-to-own place. this nightstand was from there. it's an old ashley model..

anyways, the RTO industry is pretty tough on their stuff, and often a bedroom set comes back with stuff broken (mainly dresser drawers, or the bottom of the drawers) so there is often extra nightstands in the back rooms.

you might be able to score a cash-n-carry deal and pick one up for cheap.

(just if you do... spray it down with some insecticide before bringing into the home... the same furniture often has many roach friends,, and not the kind we like)

Yeah that would be great! unfortunately most of the stuff we have is of a more modern open design, and also most likely stuffed with books. which to be fair I can not complain about, I did take over one of the only two closets in our apt. I think I might just stick to the shelf idea. I have a self I have my nutes and stuff on, I can move that stuff around. I dont care if the ladies are out in the open. It will only be for a week or so.

:)

I had to work on getting it for a while. I had a multi phase plan to initiate the take over.

Phase one:
Fill closet with old stuff I never use to the point where closet become useless and cluttered.
Phase two:
Do nothing about the mess no matter how much the misses complains about the mess.
Phase three:
Start showing interest in growing weed. but complain of no place to grow, while dropping hints of the closet.
phase five:
Wait for Gf to drop a phrase like "well if the closet wasn't such a mess you could grow in there." Seize moment, clean closet and set up shop..

;)

Back
Top Bottom