Chrome's 'Just Mess'in Around' CFL + Bag Seed Grow

So you never did tell me about molasses??? Do you have to use Molasses? I hate the taste and smell of it! Can you use a subsitute? Like say strawberry nectar diluted with water???

Hey, sorry about that. I use molasses as soon as I see pistils. I mix about 1tbs or a little more to a gallon of water. It mixes right in with a good stir. When i use soil I use a Feed-water-water schedule, once i switch to flower and ad molasses to the mix I use it every third water. So it would be feed-water Molasses. You can not sub out molasses for fruit juice, as far as I know. I read some place about corn syrup, but honestly I dont like that stuff in my food, let alone my smoke. So i stick to good ol' black strap, which is what you want. Its basically molasses cooked down 3 times. Good stuff.

Hey, sorry about that. I use molasses as soon as I see pistils. I mix about 1tbs or a little more to a gallon of water. It mixes right in with a good stir. When i use soil I use a Feed-water-water schedule, once i switch to flower and ad molasses to the mix I use it every third water. So it would be feed-water Molasses. You can not sub out molasses for fruit juice, as far as I know. I read some place about corn syrup, but honestly I dont like that stuff in my food, let alone my smoke. So i stick to good ol' black strap, which is what you want. Its basically molasses cooked down 3 times. Good stuff.

Ok, so what if I don't add molasses? The smell of it literally makes me puke. So I don't want to be smokin that if you know what I mean...

I posted some new pics. Still working out the kinks with my cam. I just can't focus on the buds enough to get the trichs zoomed in...

Oh my. I took a small sample bud from the lower mid of the inner plant. Its coming down tonight. I did a quick dry and then smoked it. its definitely ready to come down. when smoking it starts out kinda heady then nmoves to the eyes and spreads down the body.. Now I'm sleepy. have to say I am impressed.

Oh my. I took a small sample bud from the lower mid of the inner plant. Its coming down tonight. I did a quick dry and then smoked it. its definitely ready to come down. when smoking it starts out kinda heady then nmoves to the eyes and spreads down the body.. Now I'm sleepy. have to say I am impressed.

Nice!!! Take lots of pics! Do you have a scale? So you can measure wet weight vs dry cured weight?

How to do plan on drying/curing?

I know I'm full of questions, but I'll be doing the same in a few weeks...

Hey,

No no scale, maybe i'll look for one today. I will hang dry for a day or so then I will jar it. I will also buy batteries so i can take tones of pics..

Chopped Mary bell today!

After smoking her earlier i knew it was time. She's a great buzz I can not wait till she cures. I also think I have surpassed the hoped one ounce mark. Will up date tomorrow night! going out of town tomorrow.

Hey guys thanks! So here is a photo update in short.

Here is MB right before she fell.
goodbye.JPG

My batteries died right after this so we don't have any hanging trimming pic's.

I got batteries tonight though and here is the end result.
sad_ending.JPG

A sad 10 gram pile that barley passes as marijuana just enough so to get you high. The type of shit you buy for $10 down at the bar from a buddy so to keep you smoking on the cheap but not sneaking sample buds all the time.. No wait that is what it is.. N/m

buddies.JPG

Oh ok then, this is more like it. I got a total of 141 grams. picked weight of course. Which means if we go by the .72% weight loss I will have about 1.4 ounces! which puts me past my 1 ounce goal for this grow. My main cola weighed in at 29grams(picked). cant wait till she finished. will keep posting updates as any pop up.

Hey guys thanks! So here is a photo update in short.

Here is MB right before she fell.
goodbye.JPG

Looking good.. Timber......

I got batteries tonight though and here is the end result.
sad_ending.JPG

A sad 10 gram pile that barley passes as marijuana just enough so to get you high. The type of shit you buy for $10 down at the bar from a buddy so to keep you smoking on the cheap but not sneaking sample buds all the time..
If I read this last night, I would have probably believed you.. haha,, I was soooo stoned,, it is amazing what they sell out there though,, huh... after sampling your own,, you never ever want to pay for crap again..

No wait that is what it is.. N/m

buddies.JPG

Oh ok then, this is more like it. I got a total of 141 grams. picked weight of course. Which means if we go by the .72% weight loss I will have about 1.4 ounces! which puts me past my 1 ounce goal for this grow. My main cola weighed in at 29grams(picked). cant wait till she finished. will keep posting updates as any pop up.

Now that is more like it... :bravo:
Mary Bell,, you never looked so good :yummy:

:rollit:

She does look pretty darn good! She's smelling more amazing by the moment, kind of a cross between lemon scented pine-sol and a skunk orgy. As for the bag of weed, I'd rather smoke that for now to have really good smoke in a few weeks, rather than picking at it cause i want to smoke now. I only wish I had a better place to dry it, currently using my Bed room since i can run the A/C and keep the air dry. Its been like 85+ with almost 90% or higher humidity the last few days. So I have to run the a/c other wise I fear it would mold.

See my problem is going to be to get the humidity up! CO is semi arid and the only time the humidity gets that high is when it is raining... I'm wondering how I am going to keep my babies from drying out too quick!

That is a stumper, I'm not sure. If you drying in a confined area the relative humidity of the area will go up on account of the plants them self being in there releasing moisture. I'm not sure though. I have only lived in areas pron to humidity. I currently live about 100 yards from a major river in a valley, If its hot with little wind - can bet its humid! My clone and seedlings have been loving it!

That is a stumper, I'm not sure. If you drying in a confined area the relative humidity of the area will go up on account of the plants them self being in there releasing moisture. I'm not sure though.

I'm thinking about hanging them to dry in an empty cabinet in the linen closet in my bathroom. It doesn't stay humid in there ALL the time, but enough to keep the humidity from going below 25% RH.

Right now the RH outside is only 23% and we might hit 82 degrees today. It doesn't get much above 85 here in the summer. High altitude does have it's benefits though.

Must be nice! Its 87 degrees with a Rh of 87 right now... thank god my office has A/C! my truck doesn't though.......

That sounds like a good plan though, should work.

Well I checked on the nug this morning. Weighed it, logged the data, crunched some numbers, double checked the data, cross referenced, analyzed, did a few more calculation, took a coffee break, reweighed,then reanalyzed the data. there has been an overall weight loss of .64%. The rate of weight loss Is currently down to a reduction of .05 every 6 hours, alternatively 1.15 grams every 6 hours. Which is down from a reduction of .12 every 6 hours, alternatively 2.76 grams every 6 hours one day one of dry. This gives us a current est total weight of 51 grams with a target weight of 39.48 grams with a weight lost of .72%. Given the margin of .09 remaining weight to be lost, I will be moving them into jars tonight to start the cure.

;)

Great news Chrome! Looks like you'll have yourself a nice stash there! :)

Do you know around when she started filling in for ya? I'm kinda using you as a reference point for myself. I started some molasses treatment but rather late so just curious.

Well I checked on the nug this morning. Weighed it, logged the data, crunched some numbers, double checked the data, cross referenced, analyzed, did a few more calculation, took a coffee break, reweighed,then reanalyzed the data. there has been an overall weight loss of .64%. The rate of weight loss Is currently down to a reduction of .05 every 6 hours, alternatively 1.15 grams every 6 hours. Which is down from a reduction of .12 every 6 hours, alternatively 2.76 grams every 6 hours one day one of dry. This gives us a current est total weight of 51 grams with a target weight of 39.48 grams with a weight lost of .72%. Given the margin of .09 remaining weight to be lost, I will be moving them into jars tonight to start the cure.

;)

Jeez did someone wake n bake or what? :)

Back
Top Bottom