Chronic Lights - White Widow x Big Bud - Hydro - Grow Journal - 1st Time!

Chelseasmokes

Strains:
1) Chronic Lights (Chronic x Northern Lights)
2) White Widow x Big Bud
3) Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk
4) Strain Hunters Money Maker
5) Critical Sensi Star
6) Strawberry Blue
7) Smoking Gun (Auto)
ALL INDICA DOMINANT

Early Veg Stage... planted in Rockwool 6 days ago in dome
Growing Indoors 8 x 4 grow tent space
Bubbler Hydroponics System
Rockwool into Expanded Clay Pellets
Planning to go into 6" net pots
Lighting:
Seedling: 4 x 100 watt CFLs (about 7 inches from top of seedling)
Vegetative: 2 x 400 MH (planning on 18/6)
Budding: 2 x 600 HID (planning on 12/12)

Could be Air cooled if necessary
Temps:
First 3 days 79-81 degrees.... Humidity roughly 25% outside of dome
Last 3 days 75-78 degrees.... Humidity roughly 25% outside of dome
PH: has consistently been leveled to 5.6-5.8
How often are you watering? Watered 2xs in 6 days
No Nutes used yet (any suggestions)

Summary: My first grow and I'm unsure of what to do... muddling through this thing... need a mentor and some help. I am smart and determined to learn with someone's help. Had been running CFLs 24/7 first 3 days, now switched to 18/6. No nutes, not sure when to start nutes? My main concern and question right now, is about the yellowish-brown tips on one of my babies? And the humidity inside the tent is low how do I raise it. Somebody who knows what they are doing help a Dansel in Distress!
These are my baby boys:

IMG_34514.JPG

IMG_34492.JPG

FullSizeRender_3.jpg

FullSizeRender_21.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender66.jpg

For the humidity, most people try to hang wet towels with bowls of water, but that doesn't help much. You'll have to invest in a humidifier if you feel you need one. My veg humidity is usually about 25 percent and my plants come out fine. I usually feed mine a seedling mix of nutes at 1 week, which is basically watered down veg nutes. Not sure about the leaves yellowing, mine have only done that when they needed nutes

Hahaha my bad :D I guess I shoulda caught the hint on the Chelsea... The yellowing and what not I wouldn't really worry to much due to the fact they are seedlings.... I definitely wouldn't add nutes as they are way to young to really begin feeding. If you would I would use a small fraction on the recommended dose. Some seeds are just stronger then others, with that many you are bound to have some collateral damage. Now I aint no expert but I know I did a lot of reading on humidity as I know my humidity is way to low, and probably like 20 % or something. Now what I have taken from my readings is that the level of humidity really doesn't effect the actual plant growth, more in the drying on the medium, your hydroponic so that doesn't really come into factor. What I do is I have a small pot that I put a small bubbler in as well as the basin that I use to sit out my water to evap the chlorine and what not. A cheap humidifier would be a good investment due to the amount of plants and the amount of light you will be using. I spray my plants almost daily also...... I ran into the same yellowing of the leaves problem with my current grow too.... Im not sure what exactly I did to fix it, but I did although I am in soil so again who knows. Just my 2cents.

Hey Chelsea.....for your seedlings tips yellowing....mine in my aerogarden and the clones in there will do that same thing.....when i started adding veg nutes it cleared up....so i would go with Peyton's suggestion.....maybe start out with a 1/4 to 1/2 strength of the reccommended dose....what nute line are you using?....I am gonna put a link to your journal on my journal to see if we can get you some more help.....come on over to my journal....or even Peyton's.....as that cat knows what he is doing and can provide you with a lot of useful info:).......you can post questions and pics on our journals for more help.....ok Lady:).....i am now subd to your journal and will folllow along and help when i can....otherwise they look just fine right now...dont stress out....you are doing a fine job....but give them girls a bit of feed.....that rockwool has nothing beneficial for growth except allowing the roots to breathe good:).....and be careful not to overwater....keep them moist, but not saturated:)

I'll help, as long as the Chelsea in your name has no connection to the football club in the UK :rofl:

You've been given some great advice, just remember not to love them too much :)

Everything thing is looking good chelsea I wouldn't worry to much like gd and payton are saying they are looking good and you are doing good . I grow hydro and use clay pebbles I only use the 3inch net pots and find I can start more plants in the smaller pots but I don't have a lot of room . I've used the bigger net pots but have not seen any difference in the plant's from being in the bigger or smaller net pots . When I'm soaking my cubes I add just a drop or two of super thrive to the litre of water I'm using and soak the cubes in that . That way they just get a tiny bit of nutes in there cubes just enough to keep them happy until they stick there legs out :) hope that helps a wee bit and have a great weekend :)

I'll help, as long as the Chelsea in your name has no connection to the football club in the UK :rofl:

You've been given some great advice, just remember not to love them too much :)

Here is the perfect grower for you Chelsea......he is extremely knowledgeable in our beloved plant and has used hps for years before switching to led.....he is a great grower......even if he is from the UK:rofl:lol....you know....where they play foozeball:)lol

I would not use nutes at this point. Let them get more established

Check your ph of water. You want 6.8
Temp 74-79f in veg 65-80% rh

I'd recommend a t5 or led or cfl for veg Hps will lead to stretching and other issues

I think the brown is either hot soil or you fed too much nutes.
Also is probably a combo of ph issue as well.
If you have any other questions let me know.

Hey Guys I'll take recommendations by all means. And NO I am not connected to real football in the Uk, rather REAL football in Seattle.. Seahawks that is. Here's a few pics of what I have going on.
Right now I'm 8 days into the rockwool, of the 20 I planted looks like 10 are coming through. I planted a lot because I honestly figured I would lose most of them , and they were free.
- 8 days in rockwool
- 10 are sprouting
- 1 seems very stretchy, but healthy (moved lights closer)
- also a couple of them have a root or two coming out of bottom, so is it time to transplant those and can or should I do that under 600mh?
- Also with a dimmable ballast can I go 75% on a 600watt ballast & a 600watt bulb to get a 400watt effect?
- I don't really want to go straight to buckets, figuring if using the dimmable ballast w/600mh, and having to have the lights so close, it would burn lights, or make them extra stretchy. Need help boys...
- also should I start Nutes yet? (Fox Farm Bloom, and Grow Big, & do have Super Thrive)
*** have not used any nutes yet ***
thank you boys:Namaste:
FullSizeRender_3.jpg
image22291.jpg
FullSizeRender67.jpg

Do you have access to a t5 for veg. Craigslist has a ton in farm and garden.

Tacoma area mostly.

Check out my grow. You can use it at a lower watt like 25% or 200 watt depending on ballast just make sure it's not hot on the back of your hand above the seedling. Too far and they will stretch.

No nutrients for awhile. I don't till at least 10-14 " tall.

Hey Guys I'll take recommendations by all means. And NO I am not connected to real football in the Uk, rather REAL football in Seattle.. Seahawks that is. Here's a few pics of what I have going on.
Right now I'm 8 days into the rockwool, of the 20 I planted looks like 10 are coming through. I planted a lot because I honestly figured I would lose most of them , and they were free.
- 8 days in rockwool
- 10 are sprouting
- 1 seems very stretchy, but healthy (moved lights closer)
- also a couple of them have a root or two coming out of bottom, so is it time to transplant those and can or should I do that under 600mh?
- Also with a dimmable ballast can I go 75% on a 600watt ballast & a 600watt bulb to get a 400watt effect?
- I don't really want to go straight to buckets, figuring if using the dimmable ballast w/600mh, and having to have the lights so close, it would burn lights, or make them extra stretchy. Need help boys...
- also should I start Nutes yet? (Fox Farm Bloom, and Grow Big, & do have Super Thrive)
*** have not used any nutes yet ***
thank you boys:Namaste:

Okay, I'll take a crack at it. If they have roots showing, i would transplant them into solo cups at the very least. Don't want your roots to dry out or be hit by light. And i would keep them under CFL or t5 bulbs for the first two weeks. 600 seems like overkill for the plants and power bill this early. And me personally, i make a really weak nute solution, probably 25 percent strength and lightly feed them. Rockwool doesn't have nutes in it like soil, so they need a little something to eat.

That's my two cents, someone else will chime in soon. Oh, and the hawks suck. 1 yard line and you rely on Russell Wilson's arm instead of lynch's back? Insane. But, i am a peyton fan, so I've had my share of heartache

Some of that hard ache was from our d and his throwing of ducks.

Yeah interesting play call for sure. They'll be back. This year again possibly.

But for the record I love Peyton on my fantasy team especially 2013 oh yeah.

And as for rockwool I'd transplant to your pebbles asap

Okay, I'll take a crack at it. If they have roots showing, i would transplant them into solo cups at the very least. Don't want your roots to dry out or be hit by light. And i would keep them under CFL or t5 bulbs for the first two weeks. 600 seems like overkill for the plants and power bill this early. And me personally, i make a really weak nute solution, probably 25 percent strength and lightly feed them. Rockwool doesn't have nutes in it like soil, so they need a little something to eat.

That's my two cents, someone else will chime in soon. Oh, and the hawks suck. 1 yard line and you rely on Russell Wilson's arm instead of lynch's back? Insane. But, i am a peyton fan, so I've had my share of heartache

Good thing your not an Eli fan you'd have no heart left.

Yeah, he's a beast in fantasy leagues. Just wish he could hold that momentum in the post season. Lynch was my back every year, even though i hate the hawks lol. Gonna be hard to replace him. My fiance gets mad at me if i rip on Eli

Can I go solo cups with the rockwool & clay? And that was a horrible call, I thought it was joke! Should have beast mode all day, at least we signed him back...

Yeah, you can use solo cups for clay and rockwool. Just make sure it can drain. I do my plugs in solo cups with perlite. Good to hear you guys resigned him, i thought for sure he would retire

Back
Top Bottom