Chronic Severe Headaches by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Chronic Severe Headaches by Anonymous​

I am a 20 year old college student. For the last 6 months I have had chronic headaches that never go away. I wake up with a headache, and I go to bed with a headache. I try to go about my busy schedule of classes, work, being Vice President of my Hall Council, and shoot for my newspaper. (I am a photojournalism major.) However I would not be able to make it through my busy day if it wasn't for the fact that I smoke marijuana to ease my headaches. Before I started smoking for my headaches I couldn't make it through my day. I would have to lay down with face masks, and take time out of my day to try and get rid of my headache. I have been on three different antibiotics. I have had my sinuses x-rayed, I had a cat scan done, I have gone to the chiropractor, I had my allergies checked. I have done numerous things to try and figure out first why I have headaches, and second to try and get rid of my headaches. If I smoke marijuana I can't feel my headache anymore. I can also still go about my night, doing homework or whatever. I also wake up the next day headache free. It is wonderful. Smoking can also allow me to go 3-4 days at a time headache free. I am not saying that marijuana takes my headaches away permanently. However it does help a lot. Until I can figure out what is causing my headaches, and find a cure that will get rid of my headaches- I guess smoking will have to ease me of my pain and make my life more tolerable. I struggle with smoking because a lot of my family and friends do not know that I do this. It conflicts with my religion a lot as well. I told my parents that my headaches were becoming fewer through out the days/weeks, and less painful. They think that it's because I tried all these different remedies, but honestly it is because I started smoking. I want to tell my parents the truth, so that maybe we can work on finding out the problem with my headaches again. Then I will be able to stop smoking- unless of course there is nothing that can help me, than I guess I will have to continue smoking. I can not live with headaches day in and day out.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom