ChronicTree’s Indoor Grow Journal Of Chronic!

ChronicTrees

Hello everyone! I recently bought a Indoor grow tent, enough plant nutrients to last me about 2 grows/harvests, an LED grow light, and a heater! I had lot’s seeds, from multiple strains, such as Skunk x Haze, OG x Haze, OG x Skunk, Lemon Tree, Jesus OG, Grandaddy Purple, and plenty more. I ended up germinating a “Lemon Tree”, seed which Is in the pot In the picture In the grow tent posted below!
I am germinating some more seeds, In half way cut water bottles. This Is my 16th grow, and my second Indoor grow. I used to be a outdoor grower only, due to no room In my basement. Now that I do have room In my basement, I will be growing 5 plants every grow/harvest.
I am using Cyco Platinum Series Nutrients, Elite Base Nutrients, Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz, Liquid Cal Mag, and Terpinator!
The light I am using Is a 1200WATT LED grow light.
A37BDC30-852C-4D69-A94A-946E17CE2E36.jpeg
CBDA0CF8-A854-4DE5-9926-20E49EF356F2.jpeg

Hey Chronic,

Congrats on new journal, first indoor tip - get them elevated up off of the concrete floor. Heat rises and cool air sinks. The floor is the coldest point in any room and the ceiling is the warmest. The continuously damp concrete under the floor tiles passes water vapor coming up out of the ground. Use thick sheet foam and maybe place wooden pallet between foam and tent.

Hey Chronic,

Congrats on new journal, first indoor tip - get them elevated up off of the concrete floor. Heat rises and cool air sinks. The floor is the coldest point in any room and the ceiling is the warmest. The continuously damp concrete under the floor tiles passes water vapor coming up out of the ground. Use thick sheet foam and maybe place wooden pallet between foam and tent.
Awesome, thank you for that tip! I believe I have plenty of sheet foam somewhere In my garage. I’ll go take a look, and definitely do that!

Eventually I’ll have some Fruity Pebbles that I would like to plant In my next grow. Fruity Pebbles has always been a favorite of mine! So that will be great.
I will end up getting some more Terpinator, some Purpinator, and other some more base nutrients.

I’m aiming for 8Oz each plant. So that’s a goal I’m definitely going after.

:hookah: What grow medium are you using? What size pots? What light brand / model? what size tent? I have been averaging around 4 ounces per plant with 6 week veg time on my photo's with quantum board lighting. How long you planning on veging?

:hookah: What grow medium are you using? What size pots? What light brand / model? what size tent? I have been averaging around 4 ounces per plant with 6 week veg time on my photo's with quantum board lighting. How long you planning on veging?
Foxfarm soil, 5 gallon pots, just a regular LED light, no brand really, and a 48” by 24” grow tent. I’m thinking about 6-8 week Veg, then an 8 week flowering time. I like the couch lock effect with my flower!

Water vapor seeps right thru textiles, if you have the head space put wood pallet as part of your config. Most tent canvas is lined and reasonably water proof, but sheet foam and risers like pallet or milk crates strapped together helps.

I’ve got those snap together play foam mats on concrete slab, then layer of sheet foam, then my tent, next is a cut down pallet inside of tent, then kiddie pool for drip pan, then a plant riser and last is the plant. Anything stable to Jack them up and slow the flow of water vapor. Water vapor is invisible and the main reason why house attics are ventilated, if they are unventilated then mold can grow in all levels of the walls in the home or structure. Plus the elevation help slightly with temps in the cold of winter. All of this helps prevent cold feet on your girls too

a concret slab in a covered building carport, garage, basement etc - the concrete stays at about 55 degrees Fahrenheit all year long, some areas in colder states probably dip lower than that. Also a concrete slab is called a heat sink, it can and will suck the temps right out of things. Yes every modern home was built with a vapor barrier but a 6 or 10 mil sheet of plastic under a concrete slab totally disintegrates in just a few years.

High chronic, it looks like you're off to a good start! IMHO i would use a vapor barrier, any tarp or plastic sheet directly on the concrete before whatever insulating material you will be using. I grow outdoors and in my closet in coco but I would think cold+wet+soil= bad things ....Anyways good luck! Stay stoneder

Water vapor seeps right thru textiles, if you have the head space put wood pallet as part of your config. Most tent canvas is lined and reasonably water proof, but sheet foam and risers like pallet or milk crates strapped together helps.

I’ve got those snap together play foam mats on concrete slab, then layer of sheet foam, then my tent, next is a cut down pallet inside of tent, then kiddie pool for drip pan, then a plant riser and last is the plant. Anything stable to Jack them up and slow the flow of water vapor. Water vapor is invisible and the main reason why house attics are ventilated, if they are unventilated then mold can grow in all levels of the walls in the home or structure. Plus the elevation help slightly with temps in the cold of winter. All of this helps prevent cold feet on your girls too

a concret slab in a covered building carport, garage, basement etc - the concrete stays at about 55 degrees Fahrenheit all year long, some areas in colder states probably dip lower than that. Also a concrete slab is called a heat sink, it can and will suck the temps right out of things. Yes every modern home was built with a vapor barrier but a 6 or 10 mil sheet of plastic under a concrete slab totally disintegrates in just a few years.
Ok. I got a good idea of what was said. I’ll end up going to a me arde near me, and purchase the sheet foam. I’ll find something for the water running down aswell.

High chronic, it looks like you're off to a good start! IMHO i would use a vapor barrier, any tarp or plastic sheet directly on the concrete before whatever insulating material you will be using. I grow outdoors and in my closet in coco but I would think cold+wet+soil= bad things ....Anyways good luck! Stay stoneder
Definitely. Thank you! I will end up looking for material for all those things you guys mentioned. The tent has a small tarp that goes on the bottom, where the pot Is actually on. Yet I’m thinking that eventually the run off from the water should at least be dealt with a large bowl. My heater will be on most of the day.

I take my plants out for watering sessions but then you gotta let drip dry for couple hours each. Remember everything has changed now that you are indoors and the death trap is water and electricity in a small space. Old tip I heard here power above waist water below

I water outside the tent and then they sit in another kiddie pool on a grate made of 2X2 so they can drip dry, I don’t have plumbing drains so I empty kiddie pool water into 5 gal bucket to carry out to dump. Small pump like kerosene pump but battery powered can be good or wet dry shop vacuum

you’ve got the skills but the game has changed outdoor versus indoor. I’m jealous of you outdoor folks! All right hope something helps!

I take my plants out for watering sessions but then you gotta let drip dry for couple hours each. Remember everything has changed now that you are indoors and the death trap is water and electricity in a small space. Old tip I heard here power above waist water below

I water outside the tent and then they sit in another kiddie pool on a grate made of 2X2 so they can drip dry, I don’t have plumbing drains so I empty kiddie pool water into 5 gal bucket to carry out to dump. Small pump like kerosene pump but battery powered can be good or wet dry shop vacuum

you’ve got the skills but the game has changed outdoor versus indoor. I’m jealous of you outdoor folks! All right hope something helps!
Alright. Thank you for the Information. I’ll do my best with the water run off. I’ll end up watering In a large bowl, and let the water run off In there. I’ll end up getting that sheet foam aswell.

Back
Top Bottom