ChronicTrees Indoor Chronic Basement Grow: Runtz!

It's ok it happens, would you be able to take some photos with the lights off by any chance? it's difficult to see where they are at. Either way though it looks like they are at the start of flower. They do look very stressed.
0D177966-3E30-4594-A756-CAC7EFAD0718.jpeg
BE760333-F495-4AC9-9DC7-37F53DE6AA3E.jpeg
60ABC207-DC2D-41F8-8A70-D749B34FBE7B.jpeg
BE760333-F495-4AC9-9DC7-37F53DE6AA3E.jpeg
60ABC207-DC2D-41F8-8A70-D749B34FBE7B.jpeg
2060B72E-50CA-4353-BFB3-38F51A194CF4.jpeg
2060B72E-50CA-4353-BFB3-38F51A194CF4.jpeg

How is your ventilation down there @ChronicTrees? Do you have an extractor fan? And do you use a circulation fan to move the air around?

I think I’m seeing either mould or powdery mildew on the first picture.

You need to keep the air moving so that the leaves have a constant supply of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen so it usually falls, so you need a fan to pick it up and get it moving and find it’s way to the underside of the leaves. Your extractor fan will be used to pull air from the room and push it outside of your basement ideally. So that it can pull fresh air in from somewhere else.

I only say this because these things are absolutely essential to growing big strong healthy plants.

How is your ventilation down there @ChronicTrees? Do you have an extractor fan? And do you use a circulation fan to move the air around?

I think I’m seeing either mould of powdery mildew on the first picture.

You need to keep the air moving so that the leaves have a constant supply of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen so it usually falls, so you need a fan to pick it up and get it moving and find it’s way to the underside of the leaves. Your extractor fan will be used to pull air from the room and push it outside of your basement ideally. So that it can pull fresh air in from somewhere else.

I only say this because these things are absolutely essential to growing big strong healthy plants.
I just checked, no mold. I can definitely get a fan. I’ll make sure I get that fan for circulation.

I just checked, no mold. I can definitely get a fan. I’ll make sure I get that fan for circulation.
Mold is much easier to spot.
Mildew starts just like this, and will continue if there is dead leaves in there with too much moisture.

InkedScreenshot_2021-02-12 ChronicTrees Indoor Chronic Basement Grow Runtz _LI.jpg

Ok, thank you for that! Any tips on how to fix the mold problem?
At the very least you’ll need to remove all dead and mouldy leaves from the plant and your grow area. Remove the plants themselves from the room while you clean the area thoroughly. With some sort of disinfectant to kill any mould spores. Get that fan in there ASAP.

And you really need to get an extractor fan down there so that you are able to exchange the air in the room for fresh air from outside on a regular basis. Does your basement have any sort of window?

So a short checklist:
- Get and install extractor fan
- Get a fan, preferably an oscillating fan for circulation
- Clean plants of dead and mouldy material (Maybe bring them up from the basement to get some fresh air while you clean)
- Clean area to get rid of mould spores

I can’t stress the importance of air exchange and circulation @ChronicTrees. You must invest in an extractor fan or find another way of getting fresh air in there, if you want to grow successfully down there. Otherwise the plants won’t get what they need to grow to their full potential, or any potential at all for that matter :peace:

Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it would be worse to lie to you.

At the very least you’ll need to remove all dead and mouldy leaves from the plant and your grow area. Remove the plants themselves from the room while you clean the area thoroughly. With some sort of disinfectant to kill any mould spores. Get that fan in there ASAP.

And you really need to get an extractor fan down there so that you are able to exchange the air in the room for fresh air from outside on a regular basis. Does your basement have any sort of window?

So a short checklist:
- Get and install extractor fan
- Get a fan, preferably an oscillating fan for circulation
- Clean plants of dead and mouldy material (Maybe bring them up from the basement to get some fresh air while you clean)
- Clean area to get rid of mould spores

I can’t stress the importance of air exchange and circulation @ChronicTrees. You must invest in an extractor fan if you want to grow successfully down there. Otherwise the plants won’t get what they need to grow to their full potential, or any potential at all for that matter :peace:

Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it would be worse to lie to you.
Definitely, I understand completely.
My basement doesn’t really have any windows near the area where I have my grow tent. I can definitely get a regular fan down there ASAP.
As for the leaves, I’m going to start removing them now. I’ll make sure I find a way to get that extractor fan going.

Definitely, I understand completely.
My basement doesn’t really have any windows near the area where I have my grow tent. I can definitely get a regular fan down there ASAP.
As for the leaves, I’m going to start removing them now. I’ll make sure I find a way to get that extractor fan going.
A regular fan will definitely help. As for the extractor fan, if you have a window or some way of exchanging the air you might not need it, but it doesn’t sound you have. With the extractor fan you could use ducting to attach the tent to the window through the extractor fan, almost like an extension chord for fresh air.

Best of luck friend :Namaste:

A regular fan will definitely help. As for the extractor fan, if you have a window or some way of exchanging the air you might not need it, but it doesn’t sound you have. With the extractor fan you could use ducting to attach the tent to the window through the extractor fan, almost like an extension chord for fresh air.

Best of luck friend :Namaste:
I’ll find a way, no problem. We definitely want that air to get circulated for sure.

Ok, so the girls died due to being over burned. I got a small stem with some buds from one of the girls. I had left the light on for about 18 hours one night, and about 20 hours another night which caused all the burning, I will get some things together, such as a fan, and more a few more things needed for the next grow. (Which will be successful unlike this one). Sad to see these girls go, but the next one will be a good one for sure.
I had 2 seedlings that just sprouted about 4 days ago. Both are Skunk x OG seedlings.
I will make sure these 2 girls grow mature to full age. Aiming for 4 ounces each girl.
Will make an update with a new journal soon!

Ok, so the girls died due to being over burned. I got a small stem with some buds from one of the girls. I had left the light on for about 18 hours one night, and about 20 hours another night which caused all the burning, I will get some things together, such as a fan, and more a few more things needed for the next grow. (Which will be successful unlike this one). Sad to see these girls go, but the next one will be a good one for sure.
I had 2 seedlings that just sprouted about 4 days ago. Both are Skunk x OG seedlings.
I will make sure these 2 girls grow mature to full age. Aiming for 4 ounces each girl.
Will make an update with a new journal soon!
Good luck @ChronicTrees. Definitely give some more thought to your setup before you move your ladies in. Good ventilation and good circulation are a must to growing healthy plants.

I have a suggestion - don't concern yourself with yield - just concentrate on getting through this next run. Keep things nice and simple and concentrate on the basics. Also it sounds like you are manually controlling your lights - I would suggest investing in a timer for this - you can get them pretty cheap. Nothing fancy, just something to turn them on and off at set times.

Remember:
- 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness during Veg
- 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness when you want to induce flowering
- Good ventilation (you need to swap the air out in your basement for fresh air somehow)
- Good circulation (you need the air in the basement moving around, you dont want stagnant air)
- Don't worry about yield - if your plants are happy and healthy, they will give you bud. You can always improve on the first run.

:peace:

Good luck @ChronicTrees. Definitely give some more thought to your setup before you move your ladies in. Good ventilation and good circulation are a must to growing healthy plants.

I have a suggestion - don't concern yourself with yield - just concentrate on getting through this next run. Keep things nice and simple and concentrate on the basics. Also it sounds like you are manually controlling your lights - I would suggest investing in a timer for this - you can get them pretty cheap. Nothing fancy, just something to turn them on and off at set times.

Remember:
- 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness during Veg
- 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness when you want to induce flowering
- Good ventilation (you need to swap the air out in your basement for fresh air somehow)
- Good circulation (you need the air in the basement moving around, you dont want stagnant air)
- Don't worry about yield - if your plants are happy and healthy, they will give you bud. You can always improve on the first run.

:peace:
Sounds like a plan my friend. Definitely appreciate the Information you just give me. Will purchase that fan in a few days including the timer, and a few other things.

The new journal will made soon guys. Just waiting on a few seeds to germinate, then the new journal will be made. So far, 2 seeds have sprouted Into seedlings. They are both Skunk x OG.
Next I’ll be planting 2 Chemdawg x Sour Diesel, which are the two seeds germinating at the moment.
Sorry for your loss ChronicTrees! Next one will come in better. Chemdawg x sour diesel sounds great!

Better next run! :thumb:
I already have seedlings that have sprouted that I am growing at the moment. Both are Skunk x OG.
I am germinating two Chemdawg x Sour Diesel seeds right now. Going to add them with the 2 seedlings soon. They should all 4 grow, and harvest around the same time. I will add In a different strain to complete the fifth pot. Most likely a Skunk x Haze.

Back
Top Bottom