Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic, RDWC Drip System

Re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

this update goes out to all my heavy defoliators (believers and non believers toooooooo) out there could use a little input. As i stated in the thread before i wanted to compare the results from my normal defoliation to that of the heavy defoliators so here is a pic of my before and afters if you think i did good let me know if you think it needs more also let me know thanks in advance
100_08997.JPG
100_09017.JPG
100_09028.JPG

if anyone wants to pipe in on the heavy please do so and then the other half of the room will be done with my normal defoliation and you can see the before and after pics below
100_09008.JPG
100_090410.JPG
100_09039.JPG

but as you know i have 12 plants this is only two so not to be rude but i have to get back to work lotta defoliation going on to and when im finished i will lightly foliar feed with a little liquid karma to top it all off.

oh and i also switched my lighting to the GLR method and the night lights are only the cfls and the t5's kicking on so i can save the additional hour of 3k usage unless someone suggests other wise because to my understanding it only has to be light during this time unless there is potential for the plant to grow in this hour im going to keep the biggins turned off during the hour hour there on during the night

any suggestions would be appriciated

thats what im looking for jon any input is good input thats how we learn was lookin at bassmans thread and when your medicated it looks like he took off more then he actually did i should think twice before medicating and then defoliating or at least take a second look before starting we will see how it looks in the morn

ok defoliating is done first up is the heavy defoliation cut back a little from the first one i did hope this is more to the likings of others this first pic is of extreme defoliation (this is what i call it so people dont think i screwed up lol) and the others are of the heavy
100_09055.JPG
100_09066.JPG
100_090710.JPG
100_09108.JPG
100_090910.JPG
100_09087.JPG

and these are of my normal amount of defoliation
100_09118.JPG
100_091211.JPG
100_09138.JPG
100_09155.JPG
100_09145.JPG

a pic of the bucket full of trim
100_09168.JPG

and in the process i took a dozen clones for the sog im setting up till the mothers are big enough to take the clones needed to fill the walls for the flop to flower and as you can see im doing them in rockwool cause the hydro shop is already closed and my extra pump is junk so i will be heading to the shop so i can replace a few things under par
100_09198.JPG
100_091812.JPG
100_09179.JPG

this one is for me guys need a reminder started 12/26/12 end veg 2/2/13 give or take a few days cut clones for walls 1/26/13 when they show roots install in walls veg 3 days flip aprroximatly 2/2/13 depends on the clones root time may push back for full week i veg harvest around 3/30/13 to 4/6/13 dry for 10days cure to the 19 smoke on 420 give strain review

Sorry about that guys just knocked the notepad in the reservoir had nothing to write on and didnt want to forget the plans need to write it down somewhere so why not post my ramblings for all to see since the only thing i have to write on is the laptop

Hi Chubbz - I am going to follow those with interest. I've not defoliated quite as heavy as you did, so I'm curious as to how they come out for you. I tend to lean toward Jon's comments - perhaps a little heavy.

The cool thing about what you are doing, is that you'll learn a lot more by trying these things than wondering about them, and you'll be a better grower for the experience no matter what the outcome. Way to go for it, brother, and way to let us watch. :thumb:

When defoliating that heavy you should alow the newer growth get alittle larger to minimize shock and slower growth IMO:thumb:

Ive been messing around with defoliation for years now and i find if you keep an eye on the plant your stripping and stop as soon as you see any droop then move on to the next one you minimize shock quite a bit.give the girls 2-3 days and then finish the job. It takes me a week to do my room,so basically split the defoliation into 2 sessions,I start at one end and by the time I get to the other end the plant i started with is ready for more, I dont really see any delay in growth with this tecnique,the very next morning all the remaining leave are praying to the light:)

WOW
LOVE THE " Transformer" by CHubbsfat
major reps dude
my current setup is similar but was working on a set almost identical (masivly smaller 3-6pod ) to yours ( hope to complete in the next few days)
but first do you mind if I harvest your brain?

!. the first run on my set will not have shut off vavles so I will have to raise and lower res manualy
IYO think it will have same affect ?

2. instead of drip through top i in tend to run diy drip ring attached to bottom of net pot, ( attempt to avoid algae )

:Namaste:

Lookin forward to following along here.

Just 1 little thought: The pics on the 8th I think show a rather high water level. Like way up into the net pot high. I would set water level to below the net pot now that you have good roots below. This will prevent buildup on the hydroton.

Can't wait to see the stripped girls in about 7 days!

ok since im still learning how to operate the site and im not quite sure how to multi quote in a reply i will just answer right down the line starting with x

Im glad your following along and its an honor to have someone with such a vast amount of knowledge putting in there 2 cents it really helps and when you guys (and im talking about all of you) come and put in the positive feed back letting us noob growers know that we are doing a good job and that even though we messed it will be just fine i and many other growers alike im sure are truly grateful for this and x you are right in many ways we do learn even the most advanced growers still learn and if we didnt try something new or mess up a few times along the way we would never know what are full potential would or could be now this leads right into evos statement and proves that i learned something from the extreme defoliation

you see when evo said to wait a little while for the new growth to get a little bigger before going that heavy he was dead nuts it has slowed my growth down extremely but this is where i learned something i have known for quite a while that the k3 grows 2-3 times faster then the white gold and have been trying to figure out how to slow its growth to have a more even growth across the canopy for several weeks and now that i have nearly plucked my lady to death i have accomplished what i was looking for by mistake so in future grows i know how i can keep everything to about the same size and i want to thank you for that tid bit and will use this new info when it is necessary

Jon i like your concept with the defoliation and i know with the shear size i plan on growing i know it will be a very tedious job tending to my plants and i think your method will come in very handy i have a family that deserves all the attention i can give them and doing a little at a time instead of pulling 6 hours outta my family time will make the world of difference in my life so i really do want to thank you for this and im sure my family will to for i am as devoted to my garden as i am to my family

Lurch it makes me happy to see someone ask me for help it makes me feel somewhat special that i can bring a little knowledge or
know how to the table first thing you must know about this is your setup has nothing to do with the whether or not this will work for you whether you have the most advanced setup in the world or are hand watering a single bucket hydro setup this technique is possible in any hydro setup even a nft with the addition of some airstones it works on a very basic concept and as everyone knows or at least i hope everyone does your ladies feed there hardest closest to the plant and water the hardest from the tap roots in the bottom of the bucket this is because when you are feeding from the top this is where the really fine haired roots develop they develop there because they are exposed to the least amount of nutrients especially in a medium like hydroton but especially in sytem that has no medium at all or very minimal this is caused by the feeder roots chasing moisture when you drop there water levels the plant strives to stay alive so it makes more feeder roots and they follow water level and with the water level being lower and more tap roots exposed the plant takes the very fine mist created by the bubble in the system and helps transform the tap roots into a more aggressive feeder root the plants can uptake more and feed harder the basic concept is the more feeder roots the better the plants growth and flowers i have done a lot of reading on this since i discovered this in my first grow and im really hoping it shows through in this grow so others can see why im pushing this and i hope if you try it it makes as big a difference to you as it has me

So IMHO it doesnt matter if you have a million dollar investment in you grow or if it cost you absolutly nothing it doesnt matter what matters is the level of the water so these roots can develop once they have be ready for the magic i know this works and i know it will work for you and if you need to ask questions along the way about the technique feel free i hope i have helped understand this a little better and if not dont be afraid to ask me anything about why, when, how on or about anything in my garden im willing to explain anything you see to the best of my knowledge and help anyway i can i know i have sure needed my fare share of it along the way and with the help of all the people here i hope to someday be a very succesful grower that people come to me for advice when its needed
as for the drip ring under the pot im not sure where you plan on placing the ring but i did use the ring from a hydro farms water garden once in a similar way i couldnt afford a new water pump when i first started so i used the same concept from the water garden but on the inside of the of the first 5 gallon pail i had set up i was broke so i took the ring from the water garden and what hydroton i could salvage from the run with the water farm and put my clone in the same type of lid im using now and mounted it to the underside of the pot lid and had it dripping along side the net pot and watered the clone for the first couple days by hand till i seen the first root and then i let the thing do it by it self worked out great and no worries about any algae i will be popping by your thread after i finish this post cause i really wanna delve into you pvc setup so expect to see me after bit

and many thanks for the reps bro hopefully it was earned

and finally last but far from least the man of the hour bass its really great to see that you could pull a little time from your very very hectic time schedule and take a look in on a noob its an honor to have you here was waiting for someone to say something about the water level the water level you are reffering to is on the day they were being flushed that water level is only reached and kept there for the first 6 hours of the flush so the clearex i use could break lose the build up in the media and then the system gets drained to 1/4 capacity and out on a 24 feed cycle hence washing everything that was broke lose from the media and flushes it away i know it might sound weird but when i do this i feed from my 55 gallon drum plain phd water and literally waste about 50 gallons of just water on my flush to insure theres nothing left behind because from this point on i have quite a hard feeding cycle and the plants tend to have to have there nutes refreshed about once every 4-5 days to keep my ppm in check this weekends flush will be the most necessary as for the week there ppms will be bumped more because i plan on sarting to take clones for the walls and i do this because when these two strains start getting cloned every other day they really show their true potential for growth so i have a lot to look forward to doing this week and i know with the right people watchin it is gonna be a fun ride.

hope you guys like the show cause its about to get exciting well i guess since the mid night lights are on i will go take a few pics real quick and get them posted for everyone to see how they are coming along

sorry guys got side tracked from the train wreck but i have a few pics from 3 days after the butcherin and after the lights come on again later i will take some more pics again so people can see how they are lookin in just 5 days first up is the extreme defoliation on day 3
100_09247.JPG
100_09236.JPG

and these are of the rest of the room first of the heavy defoliation and then my normal defoliation
100_09258.JPG
100_09265.JPG

and here is a pic of the normal level of the water in my buckets bass they usually run at a depth of 1 1/2 inches below the pot for just that reason (no build up)
100_09277.JPG

they also tend to feed relativly hard after a defoliation this hard i noticed they dropped 350 ppm in 3 days so time to bump the nutes again
100_09308.JPG

as you guys can see from the pics the 4 corners of the room are of the k3 and are atleast 2 times as large as the white gold so i will be extreme defoliating these to slow there growth enough to let the white gold catch up so i have a relativly uniform conopy for when i flip to flower so tag along and see what happens

Looking really nice man.

only got a few minutes while the system drains for the 2 day late flush but i just took 72 clones and did another round of defoliation but forgot to take pics of before but here are a few from after and a pic of my clones for the walls finish update later oh and 2 of the extreme defoliation after 7 days
100_09349.JPG
100_093312.JPG
100_09329.JPG
100_09319.JPG

Looking good.

ok guys been a little over a week havent had much time to post so this is what is happeneing i just finished up the cloning for the walls took 180 only need 146 so if some dont make i have enough if they all take i will throw them in a few 2l hempys and then stick them in some of the gaps in my canopy but for right now im making the last tie down before i throw up the nets to hold my weight but these pics are from before during and after last night im running a week behind so far and might be as much as two weeks behind by the time the clones take root so what your seeing now are the pics i took last night after i tied down the first 3 to the right of the room and then some before pics of the others before tie down and when im finished today will throw some pics of the new irrigation setup for the entire system along with the system in full operation for the very first time so hopefully all goes as planed and we dont see any major problems
first pics is of the original clones i took when i topped them a few weeks ago
100_09833.JPG
and sorry for some reason a bunch of the pics are sideways so we will have to medicate to see them at the right angle lol this next one is of the first 3 tied and prepped for flower
100_097810.JPG
and a pic of all my little babies
100_09798.JPG
and the rest are of the rest of the room pre tied down and prepped for flower and when im finished today i will post pics of the new irrigation and the rest tied down and prepped and because they have been feeding like children from 3rd world countries at the buffet (not intended to be funny only thing i could compare it to) im gonna do a reservoir change 2 days early because of the actual amount of nutes used by this system im gonna bump to nearly 2000 ppm and i will be lucky if this last for 10 more days hopefully this is long enough to root my babies then ill do one more resi change run for a another week then flip the entire system for flower and watch the magic begin back later with more pics

Back
Top Bottom