Chump's First Indoor

Nice update Ms. Chump. Really cool trich shots. I can imagine the smell you are enjoying. My gals are just starting to put off a little stank even though they are not in flower yet.

Hope the Diesel turns out ok...I had some sour D and it was some o the best sheet I ever smoked...Cya

L8ER

Thanks Sun, Butcher, and Grooster.

Diesel seems to be recovering, I'm seeing some frosty nugs emerging from the brown pistels.

Sun, I hope these don't smoke up too fast! I need to get my next order of seeds off, so I can plant 'em as soon as these are harvested. I wonder if it would benifit us to ration the harvest out? Weigh it up and divide it evenly to make it last until next harvest. Has anyone done that?

Yo Bubbler, Bubbler Yo.

P1060955.JPG

Never could resist a packed bowl.....:bongrip:
+rep

Even if the breeder says they should be finishing, I think I'll play it by ear. They still look like they're producing. A lot of trichombs, and white pistels on all 3 plants. Diesel looks more mature now then the other two. And she's thin compared to them.

excellent game plan!!:goodjob:
:ganjamon:

Ms. Chump, what kind of high are you after?
Whatever the plant is known for. I want to get the best qualities of each plant. So I can kind of do my own double blind test results. Maybe someday I'll get brave and do my own breeding. I know about the trichcomb thing, I have to get a magnifing glass. I usually let them go until the hairs are all brown, then wait a week and harvest.

Cool, I really like a heavy stone so I guess that means waiting for a longer finish...Oh well. I totally need to get a loup thingy. I wanna look at trichs real close-up and watch em change etc. Always wait a week after you think its ready right? I've read this advice plenty hehe, must be truth!

L8ER

Whatever the plant is known for. I want to get the best qualities of each plant. So I can kind of do my own double blind test results. Maybe someday I'll get brave and do my own breeding. I know about the trichcomb thing, I have to get a magnifing glass. I usually let them go until the hairs are all brown, then wait a week and harvest.

Hi Ms. chump stain Radio Shack has a cheap, but good little microscope with a light built in. You can get up close personal with it.
Please just don't go by just the color of the hair. It dies way before they are ready most of the time.
Just like my girl. Her hairs have long been brown, but she is not even close to being ready.

Hope this helps.:peace:

Thanks guys! I'll look into getting a magnifing glass. I think I would like the trichs at only partially amber. I like to be creative and productive.

Diesel looks to be recovering, I see new growth on her. Oh man, it smells so good in there.

I'm going to do a short flush (when they're done), maybe nothing but water for the last 2 waterings. Oh yeah, I'll throw some molassis in there, but that's it. And maybe do the 48 hours of darkness thing. Those are all easy things I can do.

Can't wait till they're done! We're smoking some dirt weed we got on the cheap to hold us over. Tastes bad. Well, not bad, but not so great...you know?

:roorrip:

Hi Ms. chump stain Radio Shack has a cheap, but good little microscope with a light built in. You can get up close personal with it.
Please just don't go by just the color of the hair. It dies way before they are ready most of the time.
Just like my girl. Her hairs have long been brown, but she is not even close to being ready.

Hope this helps.:peace:
It helps, thanks!

Like with Diesel, I can see the new growth. Once there's no new growth, or if I don't think the buds are getting any more dense, then I think it's time to harvest. Because I have read, that if you wait too long, that you will lose some potancy. You have to find the sweet spot.

My friend let his go too long and they went bannanas, and we're full of seeds. I don't want that to happen either.

I'll keep an eye on 'em (including the future microscope), and play it by ear. Of course "by ear" is code for, I'll look it up on 420magazine.

One other sign that I watch for in late bloom is the plants not needing to be watered as much.

Their metabolism slows down as they near the end, and I've noticed that this metabolic slowdown happens at the same time that the buds stop swelling, which makes sense.

But yeah, the bottom line is how the trichs look.

One other sign that I watch for in late bloom is the plants not needing to be watered as much.

Their metabolism slows down as they near the end, and I've noticed that this metabolic slowdown happens at the same time that the buds stop swelling, which makes sense.

But yeah, the bottom line is how the trichs look.
Thanks Sun, I think where the problem started with diesel was, I let her go too long between waterings. You know how you come in sometime, and one plant may look soggy? Then you water 'em and they perk up? That's all that happend, (I think) but it was too dry with the relative humidity. So (I think), just being thirsty, and super dry conditions, caused the damage. It was just too much or something. So I kind of treated it like a clone, and made sure she was watered and sprayed. I also put a bowl of water in there, just so I can see how fast the water is evaporating. I figure if it's drying up really fast, they're going to need more attention. Anyways...rambling now.

:roorrip:

Hi Braille, thanks for tuning in! Toke a bowl of SD for me!

I mentioned the decreased need for watering not in relation to problem you were having with the diesel, but rather as another sign of when a plant has given it her all and is beginning to decline.

It's a general sign, not as specific as checking trichs for cerebral versus couchlock harvests, but everything helps in making the big decision ;).

rock on chumpster!

I mentioned the decreased need for watering not in relation to problem you were having with the diesel, but rather as another sign of when a plant has given it her all and is beginning to decline.

It's a general sign, not as specific as checking trichs for cerebral versus couchlock harvests, but everything helps in making the big decision ;).

rock on chumpster!

Yeah, I understood what you were saying. It just made me think of the watering schedule, and what happend with diesel as a result. Plus I was baked, so I tend to go off in tangents.

Time to work on some tangents! :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom